You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is This a Good or Bad fold?

Hello. Had'nt been on the table for long when i awoke to K, Q suited, followed this up with a 3xBB raise and caught 2nd pair with the K. Was a little worried by the A but called anyway, the weird thing was he bet smaller on the turn which i thought was possibly a weakness but i had no reads whatsoever on the player. I flat called again and he followed up with a pot sized bet. I put him on the ace obviously, possibly A,9 or K,9 for the full house.Looking back at the hand, i probably made the right fold. Anyone differ? Just thought i would put it out there. Thanks in advance!

Hand History #347877144 (19:09 03/03/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rizlakid18 Small blind £0.02 £0.02 £1.54
villain Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.52
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

DrSharp Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £3.87
damotors23 Fold     
rizlakid18 Fold     
villain Call  £0.08 £0.26 £2.44
Flop

• A
  • K

villain Bet  £0.26 £0.52 £2.18
DrSharp Call  £0.26 £0.78 £3.61
Turn

villain Bet  £0.20 £0.98 £1.98
DrSharp Call  £0.20 £1.18 £3.41
River

villain Bet  £1.18 £2.36 £0.80
DrSharp Fold     
villain Muck     
villain Win  £1.09  £1.89
villain Return  £1.18

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Looks fine to me.

He has a raggy ace here like 95% of the time. 

Leads out like a donk on the flop. 

He then slightly worries you have him outkicked on the turn and bets like a weakling.

River pairs the board and he then doesn't have kicker issues and he bets strong again.

Just trying to think like a fish but I'd put good money on it this was the case.

• edited March 2011
    Thanks CLIOKID, never knew where i was on this one to be brutally honest. Is there an argument for raising on the turn? It crossed my mind at the time, but with no read i thought it best just to see how it played and react as i went.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Is This a Good or Bad fold?:
    Thanks CLIOKID, never knew where i was on this one to be brutally honest. Is there an argument for raising on the turn? It crossed my mind at the time, but with no read i thought it best just to see how it played and react as i went.
    Posted by DrSharp
    There is definitely an argument for it but you'd have to know that the villain is capable of folding a raggy ace.

At these levels I'm not so sure it's worth your while.
  • edited March 2011
    i think clios spot on here, as for raising the turn i dont think they fold, they love putting out small blockers and then calling the raise lol, you could shove to give them a tougher decision but i think you played it the best way