You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bet sizing. Have i bet too big?

Hi. Check out the hand below. Not been playing for long when it happened, the average pot for the table is quite low. My reasoning behind the half pot raise was that on the micro tables i find it is profitable to keep the money flowing in to the pot. Should i have checked, or min raised for value, or should i just think in the long run this type of bet will be more profitable on these tables? When he folded, my initial thought was one of a missed opportunity.

Basically, is my betsizing way off here?

Hand History #347875636 (19:05 03/03/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DrSharp Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.80
damotors23 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.35
  Your hole cards

BenSherman Fold     
rizlakid18 Fold     
nicagger Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.22
icycrown23 Fold     
DrSharp Raise  £0.14 £0.24 £3.66
damotors23 Fold     
nicagger Call  £0.12 £0.36 £1.10
Flop

• Q
  • Q

DrSharp Bet  £0.18 £0.54 £3.48
nicagger Fold     
DrSharp Muck     
DrSharp Win  £0.33  £3.81
DrSharp Return  £0.18 £0.03 £3.99

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I'd have bet the same here. Either he has a queen or he doesn't. If he doesn't you won't win anything from him anyway, if he does you need to bet because you're aiming to felt him.
  • edited March 2011
    he hasn't got much back you can check and still be able to comfortably get it in by the river it gives him the chance to hit something, if he has a queen you stack him anyway, if he was deeper i would pretty much always lead the flop, your bet is not bad but i would check it because of his stack size