You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stop at a winner

edited March 2011 in Betting Chat
Simple betting systems, pick 5 horses out at the start of the day, Normally short priced favourites (even money and above).  Place a 1 point bet on the first horse, if it wins you stop, if it loses you place a 2 point bet on the second horse, if that wins you stop if it loses place a 4 point bet on horse number 3 etc.

1 point can be anything you want, for me its going to be £20, you wont get rich on this system, but as long as you know a little about racing, and pick sensibly you should win a little each day.  Be careful with your stakes tho because should you have 4 losers and it gets to the last race it will be 16 x your original stake.

Todays selections

Southwell - 2.10 - One Pursuit - 11/10 (1 point £20)
Taunton -  2.20 - Romulus Dartaix - 6/5* (2 points £40)
Taunton - 2.50 - Patsy Finnegan - 15/8* (4 points £80)
Ludlow - 3.30 - Havingotascoobydo - 5/2* (8 points £160)
Southwell - 4.10 - Cobo Bay - 5/2* (16 points £320)

* = current best price obviously I havent bet theese yet because if the first wins thats me done for the day.

Will post my selections every morning to see how i get on.

Shaz
xxx

Comments

• edited March 2011
    If the first wins, why not just use the other 4, as the first 4 of a new bet, with the first one tomorrow to save u if the next 4 today lose?

is this like the £1 on red, £2 on red, £4 on red, £8 on red, rince repeat system?

Good luck! Lend uz a point :)

P.S - I hope your first 4 lose and ur last one wins!!!

Here's mine today, all at Summer-Set, courtesy of the bloke on ATR.

Earth Planet  @ 4/1
    The Boss  @ 7/2
    Fountains Flypast  @ 11/2
    Storm Command  @ 4/1
    Lucky 15, 15 bets * £0.40
  • edited March 2011
    Sorry to dissapoint but the first horse won backed in to odds on and won comftable enough, so thats me stoped with a profit after one day of +£22.  If the first horse wins and u stop it can be gutting to watch the other 4 come in, rather than start again ill just have some double or trebbles, small stakes just for a bit of fun.

Its a little like that system, but with the roulette system u only have the 2 colous, (except 0 of course) where here you could have 20 horses in the race so it should make it hard, but its not as bent as a roulette machine, ive seen them throw up 15 blacks in a row whem someone was fonig the system you mentioned, it just shouldnt happen.

Good Luck with your bet Dohhh

Shaz

• edited March 2011
    3 out of 5 won and other 2 placed, not that it mattered after the first one won but nice to know i would have won even if it had lost.
  • edited March 2011
    I get the feeling im tlaking to myself on this thread but will contiue to anyway :)

Todays Selections

Lingfield - 2.00 - Spirit Of oakdale - 10/3 (1 point £20)
    Doncaster -  2.10 - American Ladie - 11/8* (2 points £40)
    Newbury - 2.55 - Our father - 7/4* (4 points £80)
    Newbury - 3.30 - Wessex King - 7/2* (8 points £160)
    Doncaster- 4.30 - veled- 5/2* (16 points £320)

* = current best price obviously I havent bet theese yet because if the first wins thats me done for the day.

After Yesterday Currently +£22

Shaz
    xxx
  • edited March 2011

Hi shaz

not talking to yourself.

good luck today

I fancy dubai crest against yours in Donnie race

Father V

• edited March 2011
    Enjoyed reading Shaz, just hadnt posted. looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Vaigret, you've got to fancy Our Father in the Newbury race!
  • edited March 2011
    Hi spartan

Certainly do
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Stop at a winner:
    I get the feeling im tlaking to myself on this thread but will contiue to anyway :) Todays Selections Lingfield - 2.00 - Spirit Of oakdale - 10/3 (1 point £20) Doncaster -  2.10 - American Ladie - 11/8* (2 points £40) Newbury - 2.55 - Our father - 7/4* (4 points £80) Newbury - 3.30 - Wessex King - 7/2* (8 points £160) Doncaster- 4.30 - veled- 5/2* (16 points £320) * = current best price obviously I havent bet theese yet because if the first wins thats me done for the day. After Yesterday Currently +£22 Shaz xxx
    Posted by shazallin
    It's not too difficult to see all of these losing, whereby you're £620 in the hole! That £620 will take a lot of getting back staking a score at around even money.

I just don't get the system - either the horses are good bets individually at the odds or they're not. If they're good bets then place them - there is just no way the outcome of the 2 o'clock at Lingfield can affect he 2.10 at Donny.