You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Heads up rake

The rake on heads up games is a little big, could it be capped or something? I'm sure other heads up players agree..

Comments

• edited March 2011
    im just commenting because i want to see what my avatar looks like next to yours lol

i dont play heads up very often, i suck :(

edit: if only i had similar glasses and a brighter red hoody 
  • edited March 2011
    I tend not to play for this reason - I,ve played on 6 player tables and if gets down to 2 and we're quite evenly matched the longer you play the more chance there is of no-one winning (at low stakes)

Why not try HU STT,s - GL

edit - thats uncanny - its like having your own avatar on the tables like the presenters do
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Heads up rake:
    im just commenting because i want to see what my avatar looks like next to yours lol i dont play heads up very often, i suck :( edit: if only i had similar glasses and a brighter red hoody 
    Posted by hurst05
    You also need to work on your tan by the looks of it ;)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Heads up rake : You also need to work on your tan by the looks of it ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    the avatar above obv uses fake tan, a level i will not stoop too. however i agree :( *whimper*
  • edited March 2011
    The rake is brutally high at all stakes level.

Am currently playing a reg HU on another site for this reason.

Also no C4P for HU play?

Surely playing HU at a ring table for example to get the games started should be encouraged!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Heads up rake : the avatar above obv uses fake tan, a level i will not stoop too. however i agree :( *whimper*
    Posted by hurst05

But the avatar is 10 times better looking than you TBF!, so it is worth considering at least :))
  • edited March 2011
    The rake is alot worse on other sites though!

I played another site when sky was shut down last night, won a $46 pot and paid over $6 in rake!
  • edited March 2011
    The rake is brutally high at all stakes level. Am currently playing a reg HU on another site for this reason. Also no C4P for HU play? Surely playing HU at a ring table for example to get the games started should be encouraged!
    Posted by simuk[/QUOTE
    Think you will find  c4p's are rewarded  for HU play  there are just no league points rewarded...but yes the rake  is relatively high.....
  • edited March 2011
    The rake is alot worse on other sites though! I played another site when sky was shut down last night, won a $46 pot and paid over $6 in rake!
    Posted by donkeyplop

Are you sure? If this is correct don't play this site again.

I do not play enough heads up for this to be an issue, but it does appear SP is a bit on the expensive side.
    May partially explain why HU action is a bit intermittent on the site.

Rake for SP as compared with one of the larger US sites below.
    (Apologies if this is inappropriate info to post).

Heads Up Rake

Level

SkyPoker

A.N.Other Site

5p/10p and below

7.5%, max £0.70

5% max $0.50

Above 5p/10p

5% , max £1

5% max $0.50

Interestingly, this site now offers some games in Euros, and £. The max goes up to 0.50 Euros / £0.50 when this is the case.

• edited March 2011
    Sorry should of said it was at a 6 max cash table!

Still seems alot imo.
  • edited March 2011
    the rake is obscene, suprised the HU regs haven't compained before.

hopefully someone who knows the system will post proper stats backing it up so something can be done to bring it down to a fairer level - or atleast reward a lot more points to counter act the massive hit you get.

after getting raked 140£ at 300nl yesterday after playing for... oh wait you i can't tell how long i was playing for because hand histories time out every single time i try and look what a surpise, but it wasn't long enough to warrant that much rake that much i do know.

i've always tried to start 200nl 6max tables with other regs but i'm not anymore after realising how tough the rake is, which is suppose to get less noticable the higher limits you play but on Sky this doesn't seem to be the case.
  • edited March 2011
    $6 rake is so insane i kinda dont believe you tbh. pretty much all sites have a max of 3$/£/€ maybe some have 4.

id never play at a site that rakes $6+
  • edited March 2011
    $6 rake is so insane i kinda dont believe you tbh. pretty much all sites have a max of 3$/£/€ maybe some have 4. id never play at a site that rakes $6+
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Let me see if I can get the hh from there............................

Ps it was on shane warnes fave site ;)

Also I will check with the_don90 as im sure he said he paid $5 rake in one hand too on same site.........
  • edited March 2011
    $6 rake is so insane i kinda dont believe you tbh. pretty much all sites have a max of 3$/£/€ maybe some have 4. id never play at a site that rakes $6+
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    I have heard of ridiculous rake on the localised Pokerstars such as pokerstars.fr etc. 

But nothing on this scale...
  • edited March 2011
    It does seem an awful lot!

Maybe im wrong.
  • edited March 2011
    It does seem an awful lot! Maybe im wrong.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I think that site has 5% rake up to $4 max (6% on micro stakes).

(for 6 max play - cap of $0.50 (Micro) and $1 for HU).

• edited March 2011
    Hi, I talked to crazyben about this and he started the thread, many thanks, new to the forum.

Just to clarify, the rake is beyond ridiculous here, I love Sky Poker, the atmosphere is so cool here, but please sort this issue out.

At Stars/FTP HU tables and 6/9 Max tables with only 2 players, the rake is capped at 0.50c earned at 5% of the pot.

At Party/Microgamming, it is capped at $1.

At Sky, it is uncapped. this is a HUGE problem, you are preventing new tables opening, because regular players will not want to start up tables as stated earlier in this thread. 

If this is a limitation of the software, then this needs to be addressed as soon as possible. 

PLEASE INTRODUCE A RAKE CAP.
  • edited March 2011
    Rake for HU is outrageous and I really enjoy playing HU too, I think you should get more points for HU if the rake isnt brought down