You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker pro, bankroll etc

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
just wondering what bankroll you would need to comfortably turn a profit of £75 a day , i expect it to be extremely high .LOL
so .......what bankroll ? , what levels ? cash or dyms ?
would be very interseted to know how much of my army payoff i should set aside ???
as usual im sure somebody on the community will know what theyre talking about and give me a rough idea

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to poker pro, bankroll etc:
    just wondering what bankroll you would need to comfortably turn a profit of £75 a day , i expect it to be extremely high .LOL so .......what bankroll ? , what levels ? cash or dyms ? would be very interseted to know how much of my army payoff i should set aside ??? as usual im sure somebody on the community will know what theyre talking about and give me a rough idea
    Posted by airborneuk

I would say at least a couple of thousand, not for the intention of playing bigger games but just so that you are able to cope with the variance and what not. You would need to play a lot of dyms obviously depending on the size you wish to play eg if you are planning to play the 5.50 dyms you would need to top 3 at least 20 a day to make a profit cause of the rake.... cash you can easily make £75 a day on anything from 20nl to 50nl ive sat on a 40nl table before and a guy has been there with over £350 so its easily done, again as long as your bankroll is able to support these levels if you were to lose a couple of buy ins if you have played a lot of cash before and have a fairly reasonable BR play 20nl can be easy money if you choose the right table and the right time of day.

I could be wrong so anyone that can correct where i have gone wrong please do
  • edited March 2011

Strange question!!!

I think you need to think more long term, instead of £75 a day (if thats what you want to aim for), try 450 a week, or 2k a month, or even better, look at making 24k a year. (Give yourself Sundays off for church)

1 hand at a time dude. 

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: poker pro, bankroll etc:
    In Response to poker pro, bankroll etc : I would say at least a couple of thousand, not for the intention of playing bigger games but just so that you are able to cope with the variance and what not. You would need to play a lot of dyms obviously depending on the size you wish to play eg if you are planning to play the 5.50 dyms you would need to top 3 at least 20 a day to make a profit cause of the rake.... cash you can easily make £75 a day on anything from 20nl to 50nl ive sat on a 40nl table before and a guy has been there with over £350 so its easily done, again as long as your bankroll is able to support these levels if you were to lose a couple of buy ins if you have played a lot of cash before and have a fairly reasonable BR play 20nl can be easy money if you choose the right table and the right time of day. I could be wrong so anyone that can correct where i have gone wrong please do
    Posted by delaney09
    so is it a 40p 80p nl ? with a couple of grand ?
  • edited March 2011
    Strange question!!! I think you need to think more long term, instead of £75 a day (if thats what you want to aim for), try 450 a week, or 2k a month, or even better, look at making 24k a year. (Give yourself Sundays off for church) 1 hand at a time dude. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    yeah thats sort of what i meant so what levels cash would i need to play and what bankroll ???
  • edited March 2011
    how many hours a day, how many tables do you play
  • edited March 2011
    how many hours a day, how many tables do you play
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    would play upto 16 hours a day , just 2 tables
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: poker pro, bankroll etc : would play upto 16 hours a day , just 2 tables
    Posted by airborneuk
    16 hours per day to make £75! That's less than minimum wage! There are probably better ways of paying the bills....
  • edited March 2011
    Watch the TOP TIP on channel 865 by John Tabatabai

He says that to ensure you are a profitable player and able to play poker for a living you should analyse 100,000 hands and if you turn a consistent profit over 100,000 hands then you are ready for full time.

Greg Raymer also advises against going full time as you will end up hating the game and have nothing to put on your CV.

By all means, play as a part time pro if you are good enough but most aren't

Best of luck

Dave
  • edited March 2011
    If only it were that simple .Stick  £2k in account and play poker and make £75 a day profit.What happens if you start to lose £75 a day do you up the stakes to try and recoup losses and possibly lose more.Must be a better more sensible way to invest your cash.
  • edited March 2011
    If you're are asking this question in the first place, you're probably not good enough to go pro. Don't do it, play for fun and learn more. Deposit $50 and play .2/.4p, .5/.10p tables until you get to £2000 then move up. I reckon you'll lose the £50 and realise that a real job is more rewarding in every way.