You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Devils advocate hat off

edited March 2011 in Area 51
Yeah I dont feel like I can give a balanced argument any longer.

With sincere honestly I can truly say i put my money in online way ahead and over and over get done by runner runner flush/straight or river two pair (hitting the inferior kicker).  Here's a few fun hands from today.

AsKc 3 bet called in two spotS.  KsQsJs flop.  One opponent has 85s other has 910o.  Fun

3 river sets for the 4.4 hit a piece, if no one green folded one of the cards needed

My AJ.  Flop comes AKJ rainbow.  300 in pot. Guy jams 1200 in, 33$ game.  gets a call, I hate it but am snakebit so call.  Jammer has KJ, caller has KQ.  Runner runner flush, for the KQ

Cash game 1/2.  Opponent raises 3x BB UTG.  I call with AQo, guy behind me Min raises for the umpteenth time.  Dont put him on AK, Initial raiser completes the bet, I jam KNOWING I have the best hand. Both call showing KQ and A8.  flop comes KK8, my AQ is dead.

Cash game, guy limps my BB, I hold 106.  Flop comes 666.  Yippee!.  Check bet call 666J.  check bet call  666JJ.  check bet, 3 bet, he jams I call... he'd limped with J's for runner runner Quads.

Literally 13 river sets in the last fortnight, drawing to those two cards.  I've tried to rationalise it as I'm dealt around 3k hands a day  but this is beyond ridiculous.  This is just todays session.  Beauty the other day.  pocket 4's in the SB.  Flop QQ4, flop 4's full.  Bet re raise call.  QQ4Q Dont love my hand as much.  Check bet call.  QQ4Q7 check check, he flips 27 for tye win.  There is far too much of this utter jybberish. Oh few hands after Limp in with 43h.  Flop comes A25 rainbow.  bet call.  A252.  Bet call A2528. Bet jam call, 8's full, runner runner.  Oh the best river set was this one.  Guys opening alot of pots, I find KQ suited, make it a little more, he calls the 3 bet.  AK2.  I bet he calls.  AK2K bet pot, he min raises I call.  AK2K3. I bet, he jams I call.  3's full of K's for the win, another river set, but the turn min raise??? 
I really dont want to hear variance and bad run from the die hards, maybe a couple of years from now your perspective may change.  BUT THIS IS NOT POKER GUYS.  People comong from way behind over and over is so beyond normal.  Yes the hph can account for a small margin, but thats what it should be............. A SMALL MARGIN!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    So why do I win more than I lose??

Have I got lucky for the last 16 months???
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Devils advocate hat off:
    So why do I win more than I lose?? Have I got lucky for the last 16 months???
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Yes but not by much by the looks of it
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Devils advocate hat off : Yes but not by much by the looks of it
    Posted by igimc
    By the looks of what?

If you have been on sharkscope I have played cash 99% for nearly a year now.

• edited March 2011
    Lol that was a big bite! You must be a shark afterall.
  • edited March 2011
    So why do I win more than I lose?? Have I got lucky for the last 16 months???
    Posted by donkeyplop

Possibly :)

Seriously I'm glad for you that your turning a profit online.  That thread was started after a fortnight run of extremely frequent beats at 5% and lower, many at less than 1%.  How can an individual not become skeptical in that instance?  It could be negative variance, or it could be something else entirely. 

Either way there comes a point when your away from the table analysis can only lead you to one conclusion.
  • edited March 2011
    My thinking is if the site was wanting to fix the cards surely they would give them to people who have just joined the site like yourself to keep you coming back for more?

• edited March 2011
    I dont think the site itstelf, or any of them are fixed, in favour of one player over another.  It would be practically impossible to do.  But I do think that boards are predetermined to maximise action and keep people in the "Christ I almost won" Or "If my hand had only held!!" mentality.

I dont pretend to know more than anyone else, but I know that I cant turn a profit online no matter what.  Believe me, I am a very experienced Live player, having earnt my living mostly at cards for the last 3 1/5 years.  For those that weigh in with Online harder than Live arguement for me it holds no weight.  I am only speaking for myself though.  The critical spots I lose in are in the 85%-95% range, so its not as though I have been out played or mis played my hand.  Online may not be tampered with at all, maybe I just run very very bad.  It doesnt make a difference either way.

Am playing the sunday brawl this evening and then am locking out my accounts for 12 months.  Best of skill to all of you.
  • edited March 2011
    My second to last ever tournament exit say it all.

Get it all in on the flop holding K's

Flop Kc4h8s

3 bet called in two spots by AJo and 56c

Kc4h8s10cQc

AJ makes a redundant straight, the crazy guy hits rinner runner flush

KKK/Broadway/K high flush when 3 bet allin on the flop.  Thats how I roll
  • edited March 2011
    My second to last ever tournament exit say it all. Get it all in on the flop holding K's Flop Kc4h8s 3 bet called in two spots by AJo and 56c Kc4h8s10cQc AJ makes a redundant straight, the crazy guy hits rinner runner flush KKK/Broadway/K high flush when 3 bet allin on the flop.  Thats how I roll
    Posted by AMYBR
    It's not how you roll - it's how it rolls you.

Crazy calls get rewarded, underdogs get rewarded, inside straight chancers get rewarded and anybody with two suited cards who fancies his chances gets rewarded.

It's not that it happens, it's how often it happens. 

Every participant has an interest in the pots and the worst hand just seems to keep on hitting.