You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1st to act on flop after flopping well, what next?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Not sure why I dind't 3 bet this pre? It was 5:30 this morning and I was  tad tipsy :)

Anyway........................Quite a bit of action pre and I called gb's 3 bet hoping to see the queen or low cards.

Do you check/ raise here? or fire out 1st?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
donkeyplop Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £62.09
GliterBabe Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £50.03
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

Ultracat Call   £0.50 £1.25 £52.49
ratedRKO Raise   £2.50 £3.75 £63.83
donkeyplop Call   £2.25 £6.00 £59.84
GliterBabe Raise   £8.00 £14.00 £42.03
Ultracat Fold        
ratedRKO Call   £6.00 £20.00 £57.83
donkeyplop Call   £6.00 £26.00 £53.84
Flop

• Q
  • K

donkeyplop ???

Comments

• edited March 2011
    3 betting pre is pretty standard you could flat if the BB likes to squeeze or is a fish, i cant make my mind up on what to do on the flop here im torn between checking or donking small
  • edited March 2011
    I'd check-call, the pot will be big enough to stack AK, AA or worse on the turn or the river. In the unlikely event that you're up against KK, or if a draw gets there, it's just an annoying cooler.

(Disclaimer - I don't play cash)
  • edited March 2011
    GliterBabe is pretty straight forward usually (i'm led to believe), his cold 3bet is most likely 10's + AQ+, so i'd check expecting a c-bet alot of the time.. and then i probably put a healthy raise in, although on that flop slowplaying is definetly an option..
  • edited March 2011

im a complete spewtard & gliterbabe from wot ive seen is like the tightest player to ever play poker & he 3 bets pre. just check & let 1 of us hang ourselfs.

in your post u ask the Q if its better to lead turn or check raise? - personally in your spot i check call the flop. - its multiway, against a super tight playa who 3bet pre & a clown who has button, u should get some sort of action.

I seriously cant remember this hand- but if it turns out that u stack me id appreciate it if u didnt show my cards. cheers.

also yep u should 3bet pre

• edited March 2011
    I checked flop then annoyingly you both checked behind!