You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do??? advice please

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
would love to know what you would do in this situation?

level 5 of a low-stakes sit'n'go. blinds 50/100. 9 players..6 left

folded to me in the small blind wiv a stack of 2,390(2nd in chips). i call 50 with 10s,8d and bb (1,600) checks.

flop comes  js  5s   9h

i bet 135 into pot of 200 and bb calls.

turn is    3s

i check and bb puts in a pot size bet of 470.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW??   i have 2,155 behind and bb has 895 behind

Comments

• edited March 2011
    fold pre  fold turn
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to What would you do??? advice please:
    would love to know what you would do in this situation? level 5 of a low-stakes sit'n'go. blinds 50/100. 9 players..6 left folded to me in the small blind wiv a stack of 2,390(2nd in chips). i call 50 with 10s,8d and bb (1,600) checks. flop comes  js  5s   9h i bet 135 into pot of 200 and bb calls. turn is    3s i check and bb puts in a pot size bet of 470. WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW??   i have 2,155 behind and bb has 895 behind
    Posted by ricky1984
    Fold because you don't have the price to hit ur outs and you can't take them off their hand because they are pretty much committed.
  • edited March 2011
    ^^ couldnt agree more

but depends on what you want from your poker

are you playing to win or playing for fun and to gamble

but a call here would be a losing play in the long run

also if its a dym then you arent playing for the win and still have a healthy chip stack after the fold

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: What would you do??? advice please:
    ^^ couldnt agree more but depends on what you want from your poker are you playing to win or playing for fun and to gamble but a call here would be a losing play in the long run also if its a dym then you arent playing for the win and still have a healthy chip stack after the fold 7
    Posted by SevenChips
    thanks guys. i am certainly tryin to win and improve my poker all the time. thats why im interested in views from winning players. i must admit i know i should never of called pre which is why i got myself into that mess in the first place
  • edited March 2011
    Hi ricky. First of all, i would'nt take me as a winning player!! However, if you fancy a bit of this hand i personnally would not be calling from the small blind, i would fold or raise from there, you have to pressurize the BB if your in. Once you have done what you have then i cant argue with splashies. Odds are'nt there so its an easy fold over time.