You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Where did I go wrong??

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
blkjack Small blind  30.00 30.00 5282.50
jcb360 Big blind  60.00 90.00 4335.00
  Your hole cards

BJBUCK Fold     
HATTERBOY Call  60.00 150.00 2815.00
themoose17 Fold     
Wacko90 Call  60.00 210.00 2936.25
blkjack Fold     
jcb360 Check     
Flop

• K

jcb360 Bet  210.00 420.00 4125.00
HATTERBOY Raise  420.00 840.00 2395.00
Wacko90 Call  420.00 1260.00 2516.25
jcb360 Call  210.00 1470.00 3915.00
Turn

jcb360 Check     
HATTERBOY Check     
Wacko90 Bet  1102.50 2572.50 1413.75
jcb360 Call  1102.50 3675.00 2812.50
HATTERBOY Fold     
River

• K

jcb360 Check     
Wacko90 Bet  720.00 4395.00 693.75
jcb360 All-in  2812.50 7207.50 0.00
Wacko90 All-in  693.75 7901.25 0.00
jcb360 Unmatched bet  1398.75 6502.50 1398.75
jcb360 Show
  • K

Wacko90 Show

jcb360 Win Full House, Kings and 6s 6502.50  7901.25
Maybe should of raised the flop, but was only beat by KK so wanted to slow play. Was just so sick..

Comments

• edited March 2011
    id be raising pre but i dont play many tourneys so idk if its std overlimp or not

bet smaller on turn
  • edited March 2011
    Hi lol,
     Saw no point in raising because they were all calling stations.

Why do i bet smaller on turn, im sure iv got the best hand so why not bet more?
  • edited March 2011

raise pre. flop is v good. turn is good imo (maybe a little smaller) river dont mess about just get rest of your chips in! just unlucky at the end.

dunno y u wud post this hand tho surely u know its just a cooler?

• edited March 2011
    It's fine, but why bet smaller on the river than on the turn?

Surely it's not a "blocker bet"? (gotta ask)

Turn is ok, coz if he has a diamond draw, he's gonna check/fold the river if he misses, so need to get as much value at that point as you can.

I think you pretty much did that.

Don't understand the smaller bet on the river though? 

+1 to total cooler, and don't mind the limp pre either and also like the flat on the flop. Gives the initial bettor a chance to go nuts, and you could well get it in 3 ways otf.......knowing you can still easily get stacks in by the river.

whats going on anyway? as if you ever run this bad............
  • ybyb
    edited March 2011
    raise pre imo, I think flatting the flop is fine with stack sizes and that board texture.

bet smaller on the turn to keep in a wider range because even betting ~ 800 still sets up a river shove for just over 1/2 pot. Dohh I don't think there are many draws in either player's range, if any, so we don't need to think about protecting/charging for draws.

river should be an easy shove rather than a 1/5 pot bet.
  • edited March 2011
    id bet smaller because of pot size and effective stacks
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Where did I go wrong??:
    It's fine, but why bet smaller on the river than on the turn? Surely it's not a "blocker bet"? (gotta ask) Turn is ok, coz if he has a diamond draw, he's gonna check/fold the river if he misses, so need to get as much value at that point as you can. I think you pretty much did that. Don't understand the smaller bet on the river though?  +1 to total cooler, and don't mind the limp pre either and also like the flat on the flop. Gives the initial bettor a chance to go nuts, and you could well get it in 3 ways otf.......knowing you can still easily get stacks in by the river. whats going on anyway? as if you ever run this bad............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Doh i actually puy him on a king, so i was honestly worried about the full house. Im not too sure about the bet tbh, i mean, as soon as he re raises me all in i think im losing but i wa spot committed off the turn anyway. I was only scared of the full house because that was the 3rd time my sets had been cracked that day, i guess i was just running bad and was in a porr psycological state. I just wonder if theres any way i could of played it that meant that i wouldnt lose my stack there!
  • edited March 2011
    id bet smaller because of pot size and effective stacks
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Okay i see where your coming from :) thatnks lol
  • edited March 2011
    raise pre imo, I think flatting the flop is fine with stack sizes and that board texture. bet smaller on the turn to keep in a wider range because even betting ~ 800 still sets up a river shove for just over 1/2 pot. Dohh I don't think there are many draws in either player's range, if any, so we don't need to think about protecting/charging for draws. river should be an easy shove rather than a 1/5 pot bet.
    Posted by yb
    So if i raise pre yb i get the same amount of people with alot more in the pot? with 66, i dont see the point in raising there im better off getting in cheap. Agree with you for the rest, the end bet was purely because of things that had happened in previous tournies that day, normally its an instant shove obvs. :)
  • ybyb
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Where did I go wrong?? : So if i raise pre yb i get the same amount of people with alot more in the pot? with 66, i dont see the point in raising there im better off getting in cheap. Agree with you for the rest, the end bet was purely because of things that had happened in previous tournies that day, normally its an instant shove obvs. :)
    Posted by Wacko90
    well there's only been 1 limper by the time the action is on you, so if you make it 3.5-4x to go then its much more likely you're going to play a flop in position against 1 opponent rather than multiway. If players are limp/calling a lot then they're going to be c/fing a good % of flops so you can win monies by cbetting the right type of boards.

And I don't agree that you're going to get the same amount of people in a hand when you raise pre btw.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Wacko..

I think im probably raising pre from the button here to isolate the limper. Even if we miss the flop we can still bet at it if weakness is shown and take down a smallish pot rather than letting hands from the blinds see a flop cheaply and losing chips. But as played I stack off here too.

UL Mate

HYPE.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Where did I go wrong?? : well there's only been 1 limper by the time the action is on you, so if you make it 3.5-4x to go then its much more likely you're going to play a flop in position against 1 opponent rather than multiway. If players are limp/calling a lot then they're going to be c/fing a good % of flops so you can win monies by cbetting the right type of boards. And I don't agree that you're going to get the same amount of people in a hand when you raise pre btw.
    Posted by yb
    okay, thanks for the reply :)
  • edited March 2011
    Nothing wrong here Wacko. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but i cant see an error here. In my opinion if you are set mining you want the limpers in. Just unlucky.
  • edited March 2011
    i also agree with raising pre, on the button, if you dont hit it doesnt matter you have the betting lead, your opponents wont put you on 66, you can rep a different hand and take it down majority of the time. if the guy is a 'station' then obviously the hand would have played the same pretty much. but a high % of the time the flop will come something like Q-4-A etc and you take the pot down with a c-bet.

nothing you can do post flop, hes never folding and neither should you want him to. just unlucky river, had a similar hand a couple times myself.
  • edited March 2011
    I could just regurgitate what I hear on the telly and say raise pre (even though you've explained how the table is playing and a good chance you get a few callers and will go behind on the flop).  I'm with Dohhhhhhh - seems a no-brainer to limp as the blinds are cheap and hope to hit a set.  When you do and then house up, again like the man says just a cooler if you run into better house.
  • edited March 2011
    imo fine how u played it bad beat thread