You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help?

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This ALWAYS happens to me when i play on skypoker, should i be playing this hand differently or was i just unlucky?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mears03 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £54.67
izzysteer Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.70
Floppy15 Big blind   £0.20 £0.50 £19.40
  Your hole cards
  • J

punxxs_13 Fold        
tallula959 Fold        
Floppy15 Check        
Copey Fold        
mears03 Call   £0.10 £0.60 £54.57
izzysteer Raise   £0.60 £1.20 £19.10
Floppy15 Call   £0.60 £1.80 £18.80
mears03 Call   £0.60 £2.40 £53.97
Flop

• J
  • K

mears03 Bet   £0.20 £2.60 £53.77
izzysteer Raise   £1.60 £4.20 £17.50
Floppy15 Raise   £3.00 £7.20 £15.80
mears03 Fold        
izzysteer Call   £1.40 £8.60 £16.10
Turn

izzysteer Check        
Floppy15 Bet   £4.00 £12.60 £11.80
izzysteer Call   £4.00 £16.60 £12.10
River

izzysteer Check        
Floppy15 All-in   £11.80 £28.40 £0.00
izzysteer Call   £11.80 £40.20 £0.30
izzysteer Show
  • J
  • K

Floppy15 Show
  • J

izzysteer Win Two Pairs, Kings and Jacks £38.40   £38.70

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Floppy, welcome to the forum ! I think you will find you get honest friendly advice here.

Dont really like the preflop call, but some might. But that flop was too dangerous against 2 opponents. Yes he could have been on the flush draw, but as soon as he called your reraise, you should have guessed you were behind and given it up. When you got to the river you had the chance to check behind and were only going to be called by a better hand.
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks for the advice, because he wasnt raising me on the turn i put him on AK or something like that, I'm not very good at reading people! But yeh i can see now why i should of just checked the river, I will learn eventually lol
  • edited March 2011
    I think you can save the river bet......

He's not calling with many hands that you can beat.

I'd bet bigger on the turn though, and check behind the river
  • edited March 2011
    As abve

also wait for BB
  • edited March 2011
    posting in the CO is actually fine at 9/10handed ring games afaik  raise bigger on the flop and bet bigger on turn

think river is pretty close between betting and checking back w/o reads checkingback might be better so we atleast get to see his hand
  • edited April 2011
    I actually hated calling that bet on the river, as what has been said is that two pairs did not look that appealing for me on that board either. P's I am a girl.
  • edited April 2011
    I think you should always be calling the 3x BB with 10Js, nothing wrong there.  Its such a scary flop though, your three betting on a really dangerous board.  Think I go into check call mode after the flop, maybe even fold turn.  Izzy has raised the opener on the flop and pre.  He'd definately not jamming the river with 1 pair, and you cant beat any real two pairs or straight.

Unpleasant though :p
  • edited April 2011
    True but as I say I am a girl

n Response to Re: Help?:
    I think you should always be calling the 3x BB with 10Js, nothing wrong there.  Its such a scary flop though, your three betting on a really dangerous board.  Think I go into check call mode after the flop, maybe even fold turn.  Izzy has raised the opener on the flop and pre.  He'd definately not jamming the river with 1 pair, and you cant beat any real two pairs or straight. Unpleasant though :p
    Posted by AMYBR
  • edited April 2011
    hey izzy we have played a bit the last few weeks.

Watch out now  dohhhhhhhhh knows ur a girl!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Help?:
    I think you can sav e th e riv er b et...... H e's not calling with many hands that you can b eat. I'd b et bigg er on th e turn though, and ch eck b ehind th e riv er
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I agree with doh you took the lead on the flop and can find a nice check on the river, i like betting the turn like you did (as doh has already said i like to bet bigger on turn), it gets value from draws and gives you plenty of villian checks on the river.