You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

very well known and well respected reg makes the call!

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
played on this table with a very very good player, not involved in the hand myself, but i am trying to see how he could make the call. not saying it was wrong/bad, but trying to work out thinking behind it. could some one explain please pod1 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £51.96 rosco02 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £28.13   Your hole cards 10 8       tatter12 Fold     kornrule12 Fold     tatohead Fold     Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £40.93 pod1 Call  £0.75 £2.10 £51.21 rosco02 Call  £0.60 £2.70 £27.53 Flop    4 3 3       pod1 Check     rosco02 Check      Bet  £1.50 £4.20 £39.43 pod1 Fold     rosco02 Call  £1.50 £5.70 £26.03 Turn    4       rosco02 Check      Bet  £3.00 £8.70 £36.43 rosco02 Raise  £9.00 £17.70 £17.03  Call  £6.00 £23.70 £30.43 River    8       rosco02 Bet  £15.00 £38.70 £2.03  Call  £15.00 £53.70 £15.43 rosco02 Show J 7     Show 9 9     Win Two Pairs, 9s and 4s £51.90  

Comments

• edited March 2011
    he prolly thinks he still has the best hand...is not that anything changed on turn or river, i would have 3bet pre but i think he played this hand pretty good

pod what do you think his thoughts were throughout this hand and why? pf, flop, turn, river???

before you say i dont know thats why im asking, just have a go
  • edited March 2011
    think the guy has played 99 well,dont understand ,j7 suited river bet,chck call,flop chck raise turn ok,but when he calls his raise on the turn,surely unless he hits the river,then he has to let go.
  • edited March 2011
    to be honest nick, the villian is in the bb and can have any 2, the check call " could be seen as strength, and the check re raise i have to put him on the 4, river bet is " i have missed completly" or " i want max value". had the guy not been in the bb i to would have been thinking i was still ahead. but the betting from turn onwards i think i would have folded.   phil
  • edited March 2011
    so what 4 woulkd he call a raise with pre flop;ace or king 4,or 44.personaly i wouldnt call the raise with k4 or ace 4,after the flop he,s out of position to the raiser.so maybe 44.but when 2nd 4 comes on the turn its unlikely he has 44.
    if he has a big pair then i would think he 3 bets pre,so what could he have? looks like a marginal hand,1 that he wants to see a flop with.

once the flop comes,he prob thinks the guy who,s raised has missed completely,so he reps the 4,on the turn,but when his chck raise is called on the turn,he has to put his opponent on a hand thats crushing him,so why the £15 bet on the river.he then gives his opponent about 3/1 with an overpair to the board.

sorry if im missing something but i just dont understand the bet on the river.
  • edited March 2011
    He calls here because he NEVER gets a decision wrong.
  • edited March 2011
    you got my pm then jj!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: very well known and well respected reg makes the call!:
    to be honest nick, the villian is in the bb and can have any 2, the check call " could be seen as strength, and the check re raise i have to put him on the 4, river bet is " i have missed completly" or " i want max value". had the guy not been in the bb i to would have been thinking i was still ahead. but the betting from turn onwards i think i would have folded.   phil
    Posted by pod1
    i have got the positions mixed round the wrong way lol i thought villain was on the button and 99 in the BB
  • edited March 2011
    im glad we are all not perfect!!  lol
  • ybyb
    edited March 2011
    meh I think the btn plays it fine unless the bb is very loose passive.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: very well known and well respected reg makes the call!:
    im glad we are all not perfect!!  lol
    Posted by pod1

i still think he played it pretty good tho,
    im feeling your sarcasm pody
  • edited March 2011
    was tongue in cheek mate hehe