You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why is it every time i have aces they get beat

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
I can't remember a time that they have held up, what is going on, any suggestions on this particular time.

Comments

• edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    Probably alot to do with bad play too.
  • edited March 2011
    Any examples of how you've played your aces ?
  • edited March 2011
    My advice would be not to play them slowly and be really aggro with them pre flop. You need to isolate players. If you can tease an all-in pre flop your in business. You dont mention if you play cash ot MTT or STT's. In my experience it is better to play aggro than passive, islotate a player, you dont want a family affair if you are sat on any pocket pair, too many hands will beat you if there are too many players in the pot.

Bet fairly big pre flop, isolate a player and then ship the lot in if you have chance and they will pay off over time. Be aware of your opponents starting hands and link them to the flop you recieve.
  • edited March 2011
    here's how to totally mangle aces
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    craigkebab Small blind   2000.00 2000.00 143046.86
    DeucesLive Big blind   4000.00 6000.00 24917.56
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Direwolf Fold        
    belfast197 Raise   16000.00 22000.00 73779.38
    craigkebab Fold        
    DeucesLive All-in   24917.56 46917.56 0.00
    belfast197 Call   12917.56 59835.12 60861.82
    DeucesLive Show
    • A
    • A

belfast197 Show

Flop

• J

Turn

River

belfast197 Win Three 8s 59835.12   120696.94
    Remember, when you play aces the golden rule is- make sure you're going to hit before you get your chips in, and make sure your opponent won't hit better. You'll win every time if you do that.
  • edited March 2011
    Deuces, thats a perfect way to play aces! lol, u have my luck though!!
  • edited March 2011
    Best way to win with aces is to min raise pre allowing the pot to go multi-way.

Then min-bet every street.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: why is it every time i have aces they get beat:
    Best way to win with aces is to min raise pre allowing the pot to go multi-way. Then min-bet every street.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Limp pre open folding the flop is better imo
  • edited March 2011
    I've only been playing just on 2 months now so i suppose it is just down to lack of experience, thanks for the advice everyone much appreciated.
  • edited March 2011
    Flat with AA if you can get a 6 way pot and then when the flop is nicely str8ening and flushing for your 5 oppos get all of your stack in and hit runner runner for quads ;)

It never fails
  • edited March 2011
    Any examples of how you've played your aces ?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    I'm not sure how you add the hands for examples sorry.
  • edited March 2011
    LOL @ some of the 'advice' on the best way to play aces. I'm going to move this over to General Poker Chat as it's a bit light on the actual hand analysis side, but yeah... keep them coming. Especially big fan of the way DeucesLive managed to misplay the aces by getting it all in pre ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Folding Aces pre is the ONLY way not to get tilted when your aces get cracked by some randoms...

Conversely jamming with 95 sooooted allows you lots and lots of ace cracking potential and you'll be the one happily sucking out on people

e.g.
    sooted = flushability
    9 = Trips potential
    5 = Trips potential
    9 & 5 = straight potential
    9 & 5 & Sooted = straightflushability

It really is a simple game ;oD

Reverse psychology FTW

GL at the tables

xx

• edited March 2011
    Folding Aces pre is the ONLY way not to get tilted when your aces get cracked by some randoms... Conversely jamming with 95 sooooted allows you lots and lots of ace cracking potential and you'll be the one happily sucking out on people e.g. sooted = flushability 9 = Trips potential 5 = Trips potential 9 & 5 = straight potential 9 & 5 & Sooted = straightflushability It really is a simple game ;oD Reverse psychology FTW GL at the tables xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Can't disagree wit this.

With aces you only have TWO cards for improvement.

With 95 shooted there are a plethora of possibilities.

Aces FTL.
  • edited March 2011
    best way to play aces in a tournament is to hope someone shoves when you desperately need a double up and you pick them up on the big blind watch everyone fold then you call quicker then ever to see the guy turn over 2-4 happy days noooo cause they flop a straight sigh lol happened to me last night which saw me out in 7000 out of 40000 :(
  • edited March 2011
    i suggest you keep a spread sheet on your aa results.

i think you will find that they dont actually get beat everytime.

we always remember when they lose,but seem to forget when we get a straight forward win with them.....

gl, dave