You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DOMINATED HANDS

edited September 2009 in Area 51
I HAVE THE STATS TOO SHOW THIS SINCE FRI NIGHT I HAVE HAD 31 HANDS WHERE IVE DOMINATED IE AQ V AJ ETC.

IVE NOW LOST 28...........

THE ODDS JUST DONT ADD UP.........

LOSE HALF IS BAD BUT WIN 3 OUT OF 31 IS TRUELY ANNOYING

THIS HAPPENS YES BUT IM NOT PLAYING HERE ANYMORE AS IT DOSNT RING TRUE

Comments

• edited September 2009
    HENCE EM Y I HARDLY PLAY ON HERE NOW,,I LOVE THE COMMUNITY ATMOSPHERE AND THE LIVE POKER TOUR BUT SADLY VERY VERY RARELY PLAY OTHER GAMES ON HERE NOW
  • edited September 2009
    hi kdanem . a while back i played all day on two consecutive days . this was a friday and a saturday . the same happened to me , tourney after tourney . i was busy on the sunday and only played the league final sunday evening .guess what , i finished third!!!! the following 3 days i f/t twice in the 8.15 deep stack. and then i didnt have a winning day for 4 weeks . now its changed again. i guess everyone will have these days where you go in with the best and come out loosing . one thing i learnet during those two days of  agony was , i go allin far to easily !!! hope youre luck changes soon ......  it will !!!!!
  • edited September 2009
    Your sample of 31 hands is not big enough to draw any conclusion from.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: DOMINATED HANDS:
    Your sample of 31 hands is not big enough to draw any conclusion from.
    Posted by RickyVilla
    Yes, I agree, you need 30million hand plus to draw any conclusions, everybody knows that :-)
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: DOMINATED HANDS:
    In Response to Re: DOMINATED HANDS : Yes, I agree, you need 30million hand plus to draw any conclusions, everybody knows that :-)
    Posted by TheAAces
    Not quite that many 10k plus will do.
  • edited September 2009
    It's frustrating. You've had 31 hands where you dominated and won only 3. Problem is, as has been said, the number of hands you're using as an example is too low.

What I have difficulty with is this, just what do you think is happening?  Is it only you that this is happening to? Does the site have you on a downer?, have you been 'doombuttoned'? Did you also count the number of times where you were the underdog and won the hand? I'll bet you didn't.

Poker is a game of confrontations and you won't win them all, you can't win them all and there will be times when the odds seem completely out of kilter. Either in your favour or against you. The trouble is we remember the beats and quickly forget the times when it goes in our favour.

Chance is random not fixed so try taking a coin and flip it 20 times and write down what heads  and tails turn up. Then do another 20 and again and so on. There will be some anomolies in each batch of 20 and possibly over the total number. Cards are no different there will be swings in fortune.

If this doesn't convince you, give Rich a PM and ask him to flip the doomswitch, always wear a tin-foil hat, and never, ever cash out. Then go to area 51 where there will be a bed waiting for you.
  • edited September 2009
    when you start counting the ratio of bad beats to wins you know your doing something wrong. you dont say how many times you called a big raise, how many times you chased a card etc or were these all all in pre flop. if they were all all in pre flop i would be very surprised. Elsadog made a point which i have made before - that we all remember the bad beats more because it is more devastating, i can get 3-4 good wins and quadruple my pot, then get a bad beat and lose the lot- result i remember the bad beat and forget the 4 wins 
  • edited September 2009
    I rekon 5% of the sky poker players have went through one of the down swings I had on here.

I mean wow, talking three months of non stop brutality. All of the AK v AQ rubbish of course but i'm talking full house beat by straight flush, quad v quad. WHENEVER i flopped a set someone would have the flush draw etc etc

There is no doubt at all that the odds in those months were ridiculously  against me. At times I decided to fight it, keep playing, others I was giving it all up.

Looking back, despite the odds being against me I realise that after 6 weeks of it I started to play alot worse than I could have. What's the use!? I'm going to lose anyway etc

Best thing I ever did was pack in for a month. Came back and took a tough beat in the first game, but since then i've been winning. Just got to take a fresh look at things...have some time off..