You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL30 - Overpair and check raised flop

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Villain is a decent reg.  TAG but also very thinking and can spew it up when he wants to.  Whats our best line here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Liberachi7 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £29.25
thebrick Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £62.19
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

scotty77 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £30.18
buddy672 Fold        
Moo_Moo Fold        
BENJI99 Call   £0.90 £2.25 £95.98
Liberachi7 Call   £0.75 £3.00 £28.50
thebrick Call   £0.60 £3.60 £61.59
Flop

Liberachi7 Check        
thebrick Check        
scotty77 Bet   £2.70 £6.30 £27.48
BENJI99 Call   £2.70 £9.00 £93.28
Liberachi7 Raise   £7.70 £16.70 £20.80
thebrick Fold        

Comments

• edited March 2011

Snap JAM 4 me v him!

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: NL30 - Overpair and check raised flop:
    Snap JAM 4 me v him!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sorry to butt-in, but not always sure if I am guessing right when I see terminology used like this.

I am guessing 'Snap' = 'to call'...............and 'Jam' I always thought was to 'go all-in'.
    But I must be guessing wrong because how could you do both?
    There are a few other poker terms (which I can't think of right now) that I struggle with, so any help in pointing me (and any newbies) in the right direction would be greatly appreciated..........thanx.   
  • edited March 2011
    Ha, sorry, yeh I think putting "SNAP" on the front of your action just means "instant" or "easy" or a decision you do without really thinking about it*

*Might explain why I've been stacked alot lately :s

• edited March 2011
    Ha, sorry, yeh I think putting "SNAP" on the front of your action just means "instant" or "easy" or a decision you do without really thinking about it* *Might explain why I've been stacked alot lately :s
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanx DOHHHHHHH...........
  • edited March 2011
    Snap JAM 4 me v him!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1.

Against better villains I'm not sure. Probably do the same but like it a whole lot less.
  • edited March 2011
    I've seen villain do this with FD's before so guess you have to shove. He usually gets there though.
  • edited March 2011
    I tried shoving my queens vs liberachi ....................................

He called with aa nh.................................
  • edited March 2011
    I've seen villain do this with FD's before so guess you have to shove. He usually gets there though.
    Posted by pryce6
    well i folded.

personally he made the raise size pretty small which indicated to me at least a set/2pr.  i think with FD he makes it slightly bigger.

he may turn up with TT/JJ here.

fwiw i folded, other guy called.  turn brought an 8 which he snap shoved on.  other guy folded.  after turn action i think it was a bad fold.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: NL30 - Overpair and check raised flop : well i folded. personally he made the raise size pretty small which indicated to me at least a set/2pr.  i think with FD he makes it slightly bigger. he may turn up with TT/JJ here. fwiw i folded, other guy called.  turn brought an 8 which he snap shoved on.  other guy folded.  after turn action i think it was a bad fold.
    Posted by scotty77
    i disagree, i think the bet size is good and i think he would make it this size with a FD, if anything he would make it bigger with 2pair or set, his fold equity goes down vs 2 opponents and he would get a good price with a fd if you both call, i dont think he needs to raise it here but im not folding your hand on this board, if that makes any sense