You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shaz’s Super-duper DYM Have Fun & Learn Tips!!!!

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

This may give you a bit of variety while learning about new players at different levels:

1. Play 1 table until you have made enough to go up to the next level, rinse and repeat until you lose then start again, this way you don’t wreck your roll.

2. For 3 rounds don’t play a hand unless it is premium, you are in position,using this time to assess opponents.

3. Make notes you will understand later! Use abbreviations you won’t forget i.e. O.P.P – opens pot in position, 3B – 3 bets in position, etc.

Mark your player, TAG, LAG, SDSA etc (SDSA is for SuperDuperSuperAgressive i.e. lJAMESl & LOLUFOLD :-))

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Shaz’s Super-duper DYM Have Fun & Learn Tips!!!!:
    This may give you a bit of variety while learning about new players at different levels:   1. Play 1 table until you have made enough to go up to the next level, rinse and repeat until you lose then start again, this way you don’t wreck your roll.   2. For 3 rounds don’t play a hand unless it is premium, you are in position,using this time to assess opponents.   3. Make notes you will understand later! Use abbreviations you won’t forget i.e. O.P.P – opens pot in position, 3B – 3 bets in position, etc. Mark your player, TAG, LAG, SDSA etc (SDSA is for SuperDuperSuperAgressive i.e. lJAMESl & LOLUFOLD :-))
    Posted by SUPERNOVA
    THIS!

But make sure you note the time & month of play eg 4am 09.09 as play changes depending on if it's friday night drunk night or tuesday afternoon deepy..also play generally improves over time so your notes 6 months ago may no longer be relevant..

Nice one superduper ;oD

xx
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Shaz’s Super-duper DYM Have Fun & Learn Tips!!!!:
    In Response to Shaz’s Super-duper DYM Have Fun & Learn Tips!!!! : THIS! But make sure you note the time & month of play eg 4am 09.09 as play changes depending on if it's friday night drunk night or tuesday afternoon deepy..also play generally improves over time so your notes 6 months ago may no longer be relevant.. Nice one superduper ;oD xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    I know, theres lots more but give me a chance woman!!! You try it in less than 100 words - what I did took 4 edits :o) xxx
  • edited March 2011
    "Flat DOHH's 4 bet for 99% of your stack, and only put the rest in when he misses the flop"

:(
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Shaz’s Super-duper DYM Have Fun & Learn Tips!!!!:
    "Flat DOHH's 4 bet for 100% of your stack, with the cards I play you know I'll miss the flop" :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    fyp
  • edited March 2011

Also early on you will have the time to look the player up in the lobby and see how many tables they are playing, if they are playing a few the chances are they'll only be playing cards that they won't have big decisions to make with out of position.