You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cashed out - Bye for now

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Ok had a serious run on he HU sng's played over 3k games made just over a grand until last thursday. Ever since its been outdraw after outdraw. I keep telling myself its variance but ive played over 500 games since thursday and this keeps happening. The last straw was getting outdrawed on the river by kj, when i had aj,  j came on the flop and surprise surprise k came on the river.  

Not enjoying it anymore so perhaps I have overdosed lately. Will be studying for an exam over the next 6 weeks, and need to get away from poker. 

Comments

• edited March 2011
    GL with the exam...quite a few students take time away around exam time and usually come back all the better for it!

xx
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cashed out - Bye for now:
    GL with the exam...quite a few students take time away around exam time and usually come back all the better for it! xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Cheers fella, only problem is im not a student ive been working in Financial Services for over 20 years! In a drive towards professionalism in the industry we all have to reach a minimum level of qualifications by 2012. So poker and study do not mix!
  • edited March 2011
    over last two weeks iv been running bad aswell iv lost count of how many times iv  had my aces cracked and how many times iv had my sets cracked dont worry tide will turn im sure. enjoy your exams then return and enjoy poker gl fella

In Response to Cashed out - Bye for now:
    Ok had a serious run on he HU sng's played over 3k games made just over a grand until last thursday. Ever since its been outdraw after outdraw. I keep telling myself its variance but ive played over 500 games since thursday and this keeps happening. The last straw was getting outdrawed on the river by kj, when i had aj,  j came on the flop and surprise surprise k came on the river.   Not enjoying it anymore so perhaps I have overdosed lately. Will be studying for an exam over the next 6 weeks, and need to get away from poker. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
  • edited March 2011

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!  You best take 6 weeks off before 'he' catches up with you! GL with the exam.

First: 19/9/2010
    Last: 8/3/2011
    In Response to Re: Cashed out - Bye for now:
    GL with the exam...quite a few students take time away around exam time and usually come back all the better for it! xx
    Posted by
    TRIP5

Cheers fella, only problem is im not a student ive been working in Financial Services for over 20 years! In a drive towards professionalism in the industry we all have to reach a minimum level of qualifications by 2012. So poker and study do not mix!
  • edited March 2011
    Skope my last 30 HU turbos fella I've taken a right kick-in.

Not really through running that bad either, I've obv been out-drawn, but sucked out myself too......

It's just the nature of these games I think, the game doesn't allow a big enough edge to be able to avoid bad runs....

But yeh a 500 game sample is much bigger than my 30!!! lol

They're so tilting too, I end up wanting to poke the other guy in the eye when he keeps beating me.

• edited March 2011
    GL Acegooner with your exam, maybe just the break you need and your come back refreshed and motivated again

Dohhhh hit it spot on they are so tilting as you can get good runs in them but when the bad comes round it hits hard

See you soon and GL the Arsenal tonight
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks for the kind comments guys. Im ashamed to admit it but playing on sky and knowing that my opponents speak english(as opposed to other foreign based sites) has turned me into a bit of a monster.

When I come back I have to work on my table manners, thats one of the other reasons im taking a break apart from that sky jinx button which seems to have been pressed.

Still will be posting in the forum and I have gained entry to the leaguestars freeroll which will be my treat this month.

Dohh for the record from my peak of around 1700 dollars profit I lost about 300 dollars just under 5 days.  My playing style hasnt changed until late last night when i was just pushing with pony. So I dont understand why consistent profits have turned, as I said its been outdraw city time and time again since last thursday.

With regards to tilt, I think you can donk a lot more on cash tables.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cashed out - Bye for now:
    Skope my last 30 HU turbos fella I've taken a right kick-in. Not really through running that bad either, I've obv been out-drawn, but sucked out myself too...... It's just the nature of these games I think, the game doesn't allow a big enough edge to be able to avoid bad runs.... But yeh a 500 game sample is much bigger than my 30!!! lol They're so tilting too, I end up wanting to poke the other guy in the eye when he keeps beating me.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    go on facebook m8 you can poke anyone
  • edited March 2011
    sorry to see you go ace, gl in whatever you aspire to do and im you will do well