You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky priority club freeroll

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
so you worked your rearend off to get into the priorty club then dont want to reep the benfits!!!? lol. plus how is it a gamble? your not going to be using any money out of your bankroll and it gives you the chance to win a huge amount of free money. i put £10 on football accumulator last week and won £700 so if used the £25 would have got more than double that. 

easy money most of us will be in luton for the SPT anyway. which was a rediculous decision to hold it on friday rather than sunday imo but whatever.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Yeah so made priority club last month and am on track to maintain it this month, anyway the priority club freeroll as nice a jesture as it is ill prob give it a miss 

i imagine most of the P-club members like see me see poker as 'Work' and not in it for the gamboool, therefore offering Sports bets as prizes isnt really an attraction to me, i would have like to have seen some other prizes cash/tourny ticket/live seats or otherwise on offer

if first prize was hot date with LML id be more inclined to play...

any1 else feel the same?
  • edited March 2011
    when you get given stuff for free, its always best to STFU IMO.

• edited March 2011
    As i understand it, the sky priority club freeroll is not a monthly 'right' it is just an added bonus they put in. They dont have to put it on at all, some months they may put other 'free' types of games on, so the prizes will and do vary from month to month accordingly, maybe next month you will win bingo vouchers.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky priority club freeroll:
    Posted by scotty77

LOL true, knew it was only a matter of time til i got flamed

anyway what im saying is, i do think the freeroll's a good idea and defo good for sky poker but i think its offered to to the wrong demographic of sky poker members
  • edited March 2011

Many months ago when the league 'freerolls' were achievable by many more than just the 'elite' players on here, they held one which coincided with the 2nd day of the Grand Final of the SPT @ DTD.

A lot of players requested if this could be possibly changed.

It wasn't.
  • edited March 2011
    Its a pretty poor freeroll. Obviously I'm grateful for anything extra. But its aimed to get us to donk off aload of money to sky bet. 

Im actually happy its on Friday, so I dont have to waste my time playing it.
  • edited March 2011
    so you worked your rearend off to get into the priorty club then dont want to reep the benfits!!!? lol. plus how is it a gamble? your not going to be using any money out of your bankroll and it gives you the chance to win a huge amount of free money. i put £10 on football accumulator last week and won £700 so if used the £25 would have got more than double that.  easy money most of us will be in luton for the SPT anyway. which was a rediculous decision to hold it on friday rather than sunday imo but whatever.
    Posted by hurst05
    You cant use these bets on accumulators, only single bets. So less chance your gonna win huge. And they want you to win your free bet, so you get addicted and spew off aload of money, trying to get that "win" again.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky priority club freeroll : You cant use these bets on accumulators, only single bets. So less chance your gonna win huge. And they want you to win your free bet, so you get addicted and spew off aload of money, trying to get that "win" again.
    Posted by 5toneFace
    stick it on the next team to play the owls then. be a big price and an easy win :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky priority club freeroll : stick it on the next team to play the owls then. be a big price and an easy win :)
    Posted by hurst05
    yeah or Swindon Town. FOL for supporting rubbish League 1 clubs.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky priority club freeroll : yeah or Swindon Town. FOL for supporting rubbish League 1 clubs.
    Posted by 5toneFace
    know da feeling :(
  • edited March 2011

Hi Guys,

I'm sorrry if this does not meet with your approval.

The "Sky Poker Priority Club" bestows a range of benefits upon all those who have earned Priority Club status.

Sky Poker try to mix it up a bit, keep it fresh, with a variety of differing benefits, some better than others, some not so.

The Prize Fund for this Freeroll is, according to the Poker Lobby, as follows......

".....This is a private Priority Club freeroll with £1375 of free bets on the Cheltenham festival up for grabs! All free bets will be credited within 24 hours. ...."

Players are not obliged to play the Priority Club Freeroll, but it's a £1,375 Freeroll, whatever way it's viewed. If less players exercise their option to play it, the Prize Fund will remain unchanged, & the rest of the players will still share the benefit. More for less, so to speak.

I expect it is a benefit Sky Poker will review in future months if players don't think it's worthwhile, hopefully for something which is better received.
  • edited March 2011
    Hi Guys, I'm sorrry if this does not meet with your approval. The "Sky Poker Priority Club" bestows a range of benefits upon all those who have earned Priority Club status. Sky Poker try to mix it up a bit, keep it fresh, with a variety of differing benefits, some better than others, some not so. The Prize Fund for this Freeroll is, according to the Poker Lobby, as follows...... ".....This is a private Priority Club freeroll with £1375 of free bets on the Cheltenham festival up for grabs! All free bets will be credited within 24 hours. ...." Players are not obliged to play the Priority Club Freeroll, but it's a £1,375 Freeroll, whatever way it's viewed. If less players exercise their option to play it, the Prize Fund will remain unchanged, & the rest of the players will still share the benefit. More for less, so to speak. I expect it is a benefit Sky Poker will review in future months if players don't think it's worthwhile, hopefully for something which is better received.
    Posted by tikay1
    Yeah its good to mix it up, as everyone is different. I'm guessing these bets can only be used on Cheltenham Festival?? I have no interest in ever betting on Horses. Horse Racing is for mugs IMO.
  • edited March 2011
    I think the prizes are great for no entry fee, i mean out of only 53 entrants, 25th gets a £25 bet for free, and its all free innit!
  • edited March 2011
    I think the prizes are great for no entry fee, i mean out of only 53 entrants, 25th gets a £25 bet for free, and its all free innit!
    Posted by loonytoons
    So 53 entrants, some are not playing, some carnt play......could be a tournament that everyone is a winner then....

Then maybe a loser.....lol.

Would it not of been easier to issue ALL the club members a equal betting token to use on the festival?
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by scotty77
    This