You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Need Help..

When your 4 handed on a DYM, and its quite obvious two players are playing together and probably have live contact, as they are from the same village.  one had 5.5k other had 850 chips, but every time one raises, the other folds, and the short stack is sitting to the right of the big stack.... so when the small stack is on BB the big stack flat calls UTG.. then shoves when any raise is made by the other 2 players... if no raise is made, the big stack is folding to allow the short stack to have the chips..

How do you approach this situation when the blinds are rapidly rising and you and the other player are both on around 2.7k, but bleeding every rotation & you can't bully the small stack because every time you raise the larger stack of the two pushes?
The Small stack was getting freebies and contantly growing.

The only thing I could think of doing was to either wait for AA, KK, AK and fingers crossed, or keep min raising the short stack on the BB and hoping that they picked up a genuine hand and hope to suck out vs them if the big stack chucks.. (which is just deperation) 
I had less than 7 BB's usually okay, when someone else has just over 2, but they always had more than 2 every rotation.. where I was bleeding dropping 400-600 chips every rotation due to the unfortunate position on the table I was in, and lack off raiseable hands. So I couldn't afford to wait for AA, KK, AK even hands like AJ, KJ and so on..  

Unfortunatly, I picked up A8s on SB shoved and run into JJ on BB... but at the time I was down to 1400 chips and knew that the small stack was protected and about to overtake me, so was almost forced to make the move.. 

Help??

Comments

• edited March 2011
    If you are certain that people are colluding (cheating) then contact customer services.
  • edited March 2011
    If you have definite proof of two players colluding in any game you should definitely report it, but I doubt it very much. You say that the big stack  was protecting the small stack, but it is just the chip dynamics of a DYM table. When the short is on the BB, the bigstack SB will always only play an unopened pot if he has a hand, because he knows the shortstack only has two moves, fold or shove. And so he has little to gain.

The bigstack was just controlling the table which is good positive DYM play. He would know that your stack of 2700 is an awkward size in that its big enough to give you a good chance of getting through, but only just ,so you cant afford to lose any chips.

Once you have raised a pot then folded to his shove once, he knows exactly where he is, and holds the threat of doing it again. So you have to avoid getting into this situation. In pots where he is still to act after you, only raise if you intend following it through, and think about your betsizing to give him this message loud and clear.

You just have to pick your spots well, often the best target in this situation is the other guy with the  similar chipstack to yours. He will not want to get involved in pots against you, and would be watching the shortstack.

Also look for opportunities to challenge the bigstack. If he minraises a pot, is he vulnerable if you shove over the top of him ? Would losing that pot take him below 3000 chips which is the magic figure in DYMs ?

On the bubble in DYMs its psychological warfare out there, and as the blinds rise you cant afford to bleed chips away.

Someone like DOHHHHHHH will probably explain this far better than I can, and in far fewer words !

GL

• edited March 2011
    cheers for that, I do believe they were colluding because when the blinds are, 200/400 and its 50 to call on BB I don't expect BB to fold what ever they have, but again its proving that, because I've seen some crazy plays on here (made some myself but never folded in a situation like that)
  • edited March 2011

Havent read all the posts/replies, but if it's an issue with collusion u need evidence....

If you're a skope subscriber, you can find out what %age of games these 2 players play together.

If it's a big %age, over a big sample, you probably have a case (as well as the HH's you already have)

If you arent a skope subscriber, pm me the names and I'll look for u, if you promise to fold AT nxt time I jam on your bb on the bubble ;)
  • edited March 2011
    lol i asked JJ the same the other day where were they from ;)

FWIW the way they play it does seem like they are colluding, crewe?  also i did report although i did cash i just felt like they were playing together and c/c said they will look into it
  • edited March 2011
    Crewe!

Crewe isn't a village though..............