You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cardroom Changes, #2 - Super Satellite Settlement.

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

Satellite Tourneys will start to settle as soon as everyone has won their seat to the next Level.

There will be SOME exceptions to this - VLV Finals, for example, where the "left over" money is apportioned 3 ways.

This change has not yet been implemented 100% - the changes will "roll-in" during the next few days, to ensure nobody who has pre-qualified for one finds the rules have changed.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    This will obv be well received, esp say in the primo semi final sat on a Sunday eve before the ME.

However, it does now open up another 'problem' that Sky poker still has. These sats will only work to their full potential IF and WHEN Sky introduce H4H, esp if the tables are not level in numbers.

I understand that improvements are gradually getting there on Sky but feel that this is an area which should be high up on the 'to do list'
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes, #2 - Super Satellite Settlement.:
    This will obv be well received, esp say in the primo semi final sat on a Sunday eve before the ME. However, it does now open up another 'problem' that Sky poker still has. These sats will only work to their full potential IF and WHEN Sky introduce H4H, esp if the tables are not level in numbers. I understand that improvements are gradually getting there on Sky but feel that this is an area which should be high up on the 'to do list'
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1
    Hate playing short stacked on short handed table,
    when other table(s) are full, playing on timer.
  • edited March 2011

Cheers for the support on this Red and TOS. Glad its not just me who feels this is a must for Sky.

However, no courtesy shown to me by a way of a reply so it seems only the 'selected few' can have opinions on here!
  • edited March 2011
    Max makes a good point.

Just a side issue I'd like to point out

There will be SOME exceptions to this - VLV Finals, for example, where the "left over" money is apportioned 3 ways.

In future, will the 3 way chop be available only if there are more than 2 'left over' BIs.  Last month there was only 1 BI left over, which meant a 500/300/200 chop....I know a couple of people bought in direct for 1.1k into this and I would be pretty annoyed that at the very least my BI wasn't available to win back.
  • edited March 2011
    Cheers for the support on this Red and TOS. Glad its not just me who feels this is a must for Sky. However, no courtesy shown to me by a way of a reply so it seems only the 'selected few' can have opinions on here!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    given that you made the post just before midnight I wouldn't say that you view has been ignored.
  • edited March 2011
    Cheers for the support on this Red and TOS. Glad its not just me who feels this is a must for Sky. However, no courtesy shown to me by a way of a reply so it seems only the 'selected few' can have opinions on here!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Alan, give it a rest, mate.

You never asked a question, you simply made a comment, it did not need or seek a reply. I tried to answer every question yesterday, but there were scores of "comments" that were juist that - "comments". Your Post was a comment, not a question. I can't & don't reply to every "comment".

You continually suggest I don't show "courtesy", but if you ask a straight question, & leave out the cryptic stuff, you'll get a straight answer from me. You always have, & you always will, & so has everyone else.

There are no "selected few", everyone is treated with equal respect & good manners.

We need to put this to bed. You have my phone number (it's in the signature at the foot of the e-Mails I send you), give me a ring, please, & then we can try & get to the bottom of your clear concerns with Sky Poker, & all the complaints you have voiced recently. It will be much quicker that way. I look forward to a constructive call.
  • edited March 2011
    Max makes a good point. Just a side issue I'd like to point out There will be SOME exceptions to this - VLV Finals, for example, where the "left over" money is apportioned 3 ways. In future, will the 3 way chop be available only if there are more than 2 'left over' BIs.  Last month there was only 1 BI left over, which meant a 500/300/200 chop....I know a couple of people bought in direct for 1.1k into this and I would be pretty annoyed that at the very least my BI wasn't available to win back.
    Posted by scotty77
    Fair point, Ryan, & I don't know the answer, but I'll find out well before the next VLV Final.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes, #2 - Super Satellite Settlement. : given that you made the post just before midnight I wouldn't say that you view has been ignored.
    Posted by scotty77
    I replied to a number of questions after I ended my PTP session last night, & I would probably have replied to Alan if he had asked a question. It was after Midnight when I finished, & I really did not feel a standard Alan "comment" needed a reply. His point was good, entirely, but it was not a question.

Alan has my phone number, my e-Mail address, & my PM address both here & next door. If he has a problem with how I handle his Posts, he just needs to contact me directly.  This continual knocking needs to stop.

I hope he rings me today, & we can sort all this out, & move on.  
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes, #2 - Super Satellite Settlement. : Alan, give it a rest, mate. You never asked a question, you simply made a comment, it did not need or seek a reply. I tried to answer every question yesterday, but there were scores of "comments" that were juist that - "comments". Your Post was a comment, not a question. I can't & don't reply to every "comment". You continually suggest I don't show "courtesy", but if you ask a straight question, & leave out the cryptic stuff, you'll get a straight answer from me. You always have, & you always will, & so has everyone else. There are no "selected few", everyone is treated with equal respect & good manners. We need to put this to bed. You have my phone number (it's in the signature at the foot of the e-Mails I send you), give me a ring, please, & then we can try & get to the bottom of your clear concerns with Sky Poker, & all the complaints you have voiced recently. It will be much quicker that way. I look forward to a constructive call.
    Posted by Tikay10

Nice touch Tikay. Volley that ball back into my court hey, lol.
    Nothing against you personally as you know, but you obv clearly know my angst against Sky Poker ATM (I did copy that pm to you and have had no response yet from anybody from Sky).

If you feel that I do too much complaining, fair enough. I prefer to call it speaking my mind and saying how I see things on a open forum. I also feel that I contribute my fair share into this forum by way of assistance, suggestions and getting involved in forum comps and the like. Not too sure what the bigger picture is here but it seems a few of the forum regular contributers are being pushed out for one reason or another.

I shall not be calling you, which you will no doubt be glad about, as I really CBA to try and discuss/debate points I will lose in the long run.

I will still enter forum comps (DTD etc) and play here but your post has made my decision easier not to post on here half as much as I am doing ATM (I can see loads of the forum shouting yipeee to that one!!).

Anyway, Hope you and all have a good w/end at Luton and below is a line I have now drawn under it all :)))

Regards,

Alan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes, #2 - Super Satellite Settlement. : Nice touch Tikay. Volley that ball back into my court hey, lol. Nothing against you personally as you know, but you obv clearly know my angst against Sky Poker ATM (I did copy that pm to you and have had no response yet from anybody from Sky). If you feel that I do too much complaining, fair enough. I prefer to call it speaking my mind and saying how I see things on a open forum. I also feel that I contribute my fair share into this forum by way of assistance, suggestions and getting involved in forum comps and the like. Not too sure what the bigger picture is here but it seems a few of the forum regular contributers are being pushed out for one reason or another. I shall not be calling you, which you will no doubt be glad about, as I really CBA to try and discuss/debate points I will lose in the long run. I will still enter forum comps (DTD etc) and play here but your post has made my decision easier not to post on here half as much as I am doing ATM (I can see loads of the forum shouting yipeee to that one!!). Anyway, Hope you and all have a good w/end at Luton and below is a line I have now drawn under it all :))) Regards, Alan -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by MAXALLY

Yes, I'm well aware of your current angst against Sky Poker. I did get a copy of that PM you sent, after which I discussed it with Bernard, & I said to Bernard "OK, I'll ring Alan, I'm sure we can sort all this out". That was 2 or days ago, & I've been a little busy since then, so I had not got round to it.  Your terse comment on the Thread reminded me, that's all. You'll be quite surprised at the outcome of that PM, by the way - the answer is not at all what you might expect. So that is part of the purpose of the phone call - to discuss the grievance you aired in the e-Mail. I'd also like to discuss your complaint on this Thread.

It is the sort of thing that comes across better in the spoken word, rather than in writing, hence I felt this was a good opportunity to discuss the matter you PM'd Bernard about, (cc to me), & other stuff.

It's up to you. You have a grievance - some of it is perfectly justified, some of it is not - but boils need bursting, & I'm offering to chat with you to help clear it up, so we can move forward. This continual niggling because you have issues with Sky Poker does not solve anything. A phone call would, & then we can all move on, & have babies & things.

It can all be solved in a single phone call, & nobody has to, as you suggest, win or lose. Bernard has mandated me to deal with the PM you sent, & I'd prefer to do so by telephone.

PS - Bernard wrote to you privately & suggested you had been previously warned for Community misdemeanours & attitude. That, in fact, was wholly incorrect, & we apologise for that 100%. You had not been previously warned, & we regret suggesting as much, even though it was said privately, via PM.

Feel free to call me so we can deal with all the other issues you mention in your latest Post.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes, #2 - Super Satellite Settlement. : Yes, I'm well aware of your current angst against Sky Poker. I did get a copy of that PM you sent, after which I discussed it with Bernard, & I said to Bernard "OK, I'll ring Alan, I'm sure we can sort all this out". That was 2 or days ago, & I've been a little busy since then, so I had not got round to it.  Your terse comment on the Thread reminded me, that's all. You'll be quite surprised at the outcome of that PM, by the way - the answer is not at all what you might expect. So that is part of the purpose of the phone call - to discuss the grievance you aired in the e-Mail. I'd also like to discuss your complaint on this Thread. It is the sort of thing that comes across better in the spoken word, rather than in writing, hence I felt this was a good opportunity to discuss the matter you PM'd Bernard about, (cc to me), & other stuff. It's up to you. You have a grievance - some of it is perfectly justified, some of it is not - but boils need bursting, & I'm offering to chat with you to help clear it up, so we can move forward. This continual niggling because you have issues with Sky Poker does not solve anything. A phone call would, & then we can all move on, & have babies & things. It can all be solved in a single phone call, & nobody has to, as you suggest, win or lose. Bernard has mandated me to deal with the PM you sent, & I'd prefer to do so by telephone. PS - Bernard wrote to you privately & suggested you had been previously warned for Community misdemeanours & attitude. That, in fact, was wholly incorrect, & we apologise for that 100%. You had not been previously warned, & we regret suggesting as much, even though it was said privately, via PM. Feel free to call me so we can deal with all the other issues you mention in your latest Post.
    Posted by Tikay10

I do appreciate your reply/comment Tikay but like I have stated already, I have now drawn a line under it. 

I will apologise, however, for taking this thread off track.