You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

nl100 turn set BvB turn/river spot

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
villain Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £285.83
LOL_RAISE Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £104.16
  Your hole cards

CharlieF29 Fold        
offshoot Fold        
ezryder Fold        
cottlad Fold        
villain Raise   £2.50 £4.00 £283.33
LOL_RAISE Call   £2.00 £6.00 £102.16
Flop

• A

villain Bet   £4.00 £10.00 £279.33
LOL_RAISE Call   £4.00 £14.00 £98.16
Turn

villain Bet   £10.00 £24.00 £269.33
LOL_RAISE Call   £10.00 £34.00 £88.16
River

• J

villain Bet   £25.00 £59.00 £244.33

Comments

• edited March 2011
    villain is a reg who likes caps locks and she is not a very nice person.

i 3bet pre sometimes call sometimes and misclick fold sometimes and this time i just decided to flat.
    flop is std peel imo
    turn i feel like if i raise i kinda turn my hand into a bluff, and if villain jams turn its kinda fml spot.

on river i think we can call, jam ,raise/fold smallish to get worse set/2pairs to call or hero fold if we are feeling particularly nitty about it.

thoughts?
  • edited March 2011
    the 2 call's are wrong IMO, pre it should of been  £6, and on the flop you should of re-bet her £12+ to shut the hand down, if she re-pops fold,if she folds great, if she call's that then your in a world of hurt with the set, at this point its damage limitation, or you play on pure luck, HOW LUCKY DO YOU FEEL PUNK !!
  • edited March 2011

your a much better playa than me so its kind of pointless me replyin, but i personally think u shud raise turn-yep u r turnin your hand effectively into a bluff, but at the same time is that a bad thing? u would raise here if you were bluffin right? it looks bluffy so i expect at this level (where players will think alot more) worse hands can/will continue (unless reads state otherwise). also u have a set on a kind of dangerous board so any non board pairin diamond river sucks.

as played i think i wud be shovin the rest of my stack in on river. raise/fold river is stoopid with your stack size as is just foldin to his river bet. its either flat or jam imo - we have a set worse hands can call so get it in!

• edited March 2011
    call turn, call river. Not sure you get paid off all that much on the river by worse hands if you raise and not many people are good enough to vbet 2 pair here all the time anyway. I guess he can have a set but i wouldnt really feel bad about losing value here by flatcalling.
  • edited March 2011
    I'd probably inch towards calling turn and river, for the plain fact that there aren't all that many hands that come along with you. But, unless you're very unlucky, it's not particularly likely they have the flush here- possible sure, but I'd be much more inclined to put them on an AK/AQ hand here, possibly AJ for the rivered 2 pair. In all these cases, you're probably missing out on value since they're likely to call a nice river raise.

Definitely like calling turn, they've been active all the way and if you now raise that, I agree- you're turning your hand into a bluff, not cool with a set. You have no choice but to fold then if they jam, and you'd fold out basically every hand that you're beating.

Meh, I dunno- it's hard on river without knowing just how good the villain is- if it's a very good, solid player then I'd flat it IMO, because you're never getting called by worse, but if your instinct is saying they're not so good then raising is definitely the better play for me. With your stack size you only have ~60 back after calling their bet, so raise folding isn't really in the equation. Don't think folding is ever really in the game here the way it's played out, you're streets ahead of their range.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to nl100 turn set BvB turn/river spot:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance villain Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £285.83 LOL_RAISE Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £104.16   Your hole cards 9 9       CharlieF29 Fold         offshoot Fold         ezryder Fold         cottlad Fold         villain Raise   £2.50 £4.00 £283.33 LOL_RAISE Call   £2.00 £6.00 £102.16 Flop     7 5 A       villain Bet   £4.00 £10.00 £279.33 LOL_RAISE Call   £4.00 £14.00 £98.16 Turn     9       villain Bet   £10.00 £24.00 £269.33 LOL_RAISE Call   £10.00 £34.00 £88.16 River     J       villain Bet   £25.00 £59.00 £244.33                                                                        
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

TBH i am shoving the river,it is very unlikely that they have trips,(bet size on flop) and i would have to think they have AK AQ AJ,probably with 1 diamond,if you are lucky they call with AJ,of course ...there is one exclusion...if the Villain is Phil12uk,then he has probably got staright flush...:)

• ybyb
    edited March 2011
    I'd be much more tempted to ship the river than raise the turn, but I think calling twice is better unless you have a crazy dynamic with the villain. If they're good enough to be vbetting AJ/A9 etc. they're usually going to be b/fing imo.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: nl100 turn set BvB turn/river spot:
    I'd be much more tempted to ship the river than raise the turn, but I think calling twice is better unless you have a crazy dynamic with the villain. If they're good enough to be vbetting AJ/A9 etc. they're usually going to be b/fing imo.
    Posted by yb
    if there value betting a 2 pair combo or a set then i guess they shud be bet/foldin but depends how good the player is (i have no idea who the villian in Q is) but not everybody plays to the same standard as some of u guys & think like u do, and im sure theres loads of players that would struggle to lay down a set/2pair to a river shove after the way the hand as played out. thats y i think we shud shove here - yep we get called by a flush sometimes, but i also think there are weaker hands than ours that will call.