You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheapstack deepstack

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
When this started about 5 weeks ago sky said it will be run on Friday - Monday cost £1.10 to enter, guarantee £100 and they would see how it goes and maybe make it every night. I have never seen it run below 100 players so who thinks it should be run daily from now on?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    definitely yes i look for this every night b4 realising it doesn't run every night
  • edited March 2011
    withou a doubt Pokertrev came up with the idea originally, and we use it as part of the foum DTD every Monday,
    It's a great success IMO

• edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    15 to nil so far - going well
  • edited March 2011
    I voted yes obviously.

Its been making the numbers. It has also been well supported by the Forum DTD and a lot of forum regs -

Bring it on peeps.
  • edited March 2011

I will only play these if they make them rebuys like all the other tournaments on here now!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cheapstack deepstack:
    I will only play these if they make them rebuys like all the other tournaments on here now!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    BOGOF - Buy One Get One FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    I think this tourney has ran its course now, can we please get rid of it ........
  • edited March 2011
    I think this tourney has ran its course now, can we please get rid of it ........
    Posted by Quietman
    OK!!! you've convinced me with your charm and eloquent arguments, now how do i change my vote?
  • edited March 2011
    Definate yes for me, not played them yet but will be once I get my bankroll back up since I blew it all on stupid bets (yes SkyBet I blame you, not me lol!!); these are the type of tourneys I want to play in to get experience and learn the game a bit better. Yes, I know the variance in tourney's is higher but I want to get a lot of play for minimal cost to try and improve my general tourney play.
  • edited March 2011
    Errrrrr - who voted no? I'm gonna tell my mum Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  • edited March 2011

NO MORE REBUYSSSSSSS

Posted by MAXALLY
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Cheapstack deepstack:
    When this started about 5 weeks ago sky said it will be run on Friday - Monday cost £1.10 to enter, guarantee £100 and they would see how it goes and maybe make it every night. I have never seen it run below 100 players so who thinks it should be run daily from now on?
    Posted by loonytoons
    Hey Loony
    I noticed tonight that the cheapstack deepstack was running (Thursday) so i'm not sure if it has now been put on everynight now.

It went off with 90 runners, but i'm sure it would have been more if we had known.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Cheapstack deepstack : Hey Loony I noticed tonight that the cheapstack deepstack was running (Thursday) so i'm not sure if it has now been put on everynight now. It went off with 90 runners, but i'm sure it would have been more if we had known.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    +1 just noticed myself too late :((
  • edited March 2011

Hi All,

The cheapstack has always ran Thursday - Monday ever since I added this tournament to the schedule.

I left it out on Tue & Weds as these are our quietest days of the week and the 7.45 start time clashes with Champions league at this time of the year, which can also have an impact. Despite this I don't mind trialling it, so it will run on next week's Tue & Weds, to make it 7 days a week for now - we'll see how it goes.

P.S. This tournament is definitely not on the chopping block for missing a guarantee one time so dont worry about it. 

Kind Regards

Adam

• edited March 2011
    Hi All, The cheapstack has always ran Thursday - Monday ever since I added this tournament to the schedule. I left it out on Tue & Weds as these are our quietest days of the week and the 7.45 start time clashes with Champions league at this time of the year, which can also have an impact. Despite this I don't mind trialling it, so it will run on next week's Tue & Weds, to make it 7 days a week for now - we'll see how it goes. P.S. This tournament is definitely not on the chopping block for missing a guarantee one time so dont worry about it.  Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    excellent news Adam thank you 7.45 £1.10 FTW
  • edited March 2011
    Hi All, The cheapstack has always ran Thursday - Monday ever since I added this tournament to the schedule. I left it out on Tue & Weds as these are our quietest days of the week and the 7.45 start time clashes with Champions league at this time of the year, which can also have an impact. Despite this I don't mind trialling it, so it will run on next week's Tue & Weds, to make it 7 days a week for now - we'll see how it goes. P.S. This tournament is definitely not on the chopping block for missing a guarantee one time so dont worry about it.  Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Cheers Adam - I will try to generate as much interest as I can to help it along.
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    I think this is great! i didnt start this thread to put pressure on this but just to try to let it progress, and let sky know that players want this, obviously if the numbers were well below 100 then me and all others would appreciate that it was an uneconomical competition and would understand its closure so here is hoping its succeeds, thanks Adam.