You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just need to rant

edited March 2011 in Area 51
Haven't won anything on here for ages, can't dodge a turn or river, can't remember the last time i won a 'flip' - i play £5 -£11 tournys and the poor standard of play is working against me far to often, i'll 3bet my big hands and end up losing at showdown (usually get it in on the flop) to a flush 'cos the player married his suited K8.
I know i should wanna play these players but seriouslyyyyy the flush doesn't always have to comeeeeeee.

I think i wanna go back to the days when i first started and just limp call every hand, it works for people who play me lol

My last tourny cash was a 3rd in a £100 gtd for £35 about 3 weeks ago, i've played a couple of tournaments every night since and not cashed once, the stats alone probably say i'm a really bad player. Maybe i'm just in denial about my game, mehhh i don't know, maybe i should take a break 'cos i just feel like i'm going to lose whatever tourny it is, whatever hand i have..that can't be a good mindset lol

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Amen my last cash was 2 mondays ago when i made the f/t of the £100 d/s before that was 14th february when i won the tsp classic before that was a long while ago.

I went broke today(was my plan to go broke so I could start a fresh) on here only had a few quid left in my account and that famous hand i posted up in the clinic my AA beaten by 5-2 was my last hand lol gonna start a fresh in a few weeks time probably and just forget everything else, forget i've ever played before and see where that takes me if it takes me no where then I have my answer it's never going to happen and be done with it the bad beats and the rest I can take.

Its the going so long without making even a penny and knowing I couldnt of done anything better that gets to me its hard to go such a long run without out cashing I constantly tell my self my time will come if everyone else can do it and do it right why can't I lol as long as my time comes while i'm still about allbeit i'm 19 now so have a good few years left in me but I wont do if i keep busting before the cash haha.

All I can say is don't worry mate I'm in the same boat and i am sure many others are to they just dont like saying it but that time will come when you will be able to put out that brag post again after taking something down..
  • edited March 2011

How are you finding it so easy to get all your chips in ahead????

Seriously.....help me out.

I wouldn't mind a few mtt bad beats atm!!!!! lol.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Just need to rant:
    How are you finding it so easy to get all your chips in ahead???? Seriously.....help me out. I wouldn't mind a few mtt bad beats atm!!!!! lol.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol that i have a lot of experience in bad beats in mtts lol things from all in AA against 22 pre for them to hit runner 2s from being all in on the flop with a set of 6s for the opponent to hit runner runner for a flush i just lack experience in cashing haha..... i just witnessed a bad beat on a cash table on FT which makes mine look mediocre and pointless a pot for just under $400k where mine usually happen at way way wayy lower limits lol you been on an all night session ?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Just need to rant : lol that i have a lot of experience in bad beats in mtts lol things from all in AA against 22 pre for them to hit runner 2s from being all in on the flop with a set of 6s for the opponent to hit runner runner for a flush i just lack experience in cashing haha..... i just witnessed a bad beat on a cash table on FT which makes mine look mediocre and pointless a pot for just under $400k where mine usually happen at way way wayy lower limits lol you been on an all night session ?
    Posted by delaney09
    Lol, no mate, completely the opposite tbh, I got up r8 early and went looking for some dym/hu sng action, but I had no idea how slow the games fill at this time of morning!!!

The all night session comes tonight.....

Providing of course the site doesn't shut down on me, again!!
  • edited March 2011
    ohh looking to grind the day away today.... now you have said it its bound to come up at 11:59 the site will be closing in 5 minutes lol
  • edited March 2011
    Amen my last cash was 2 mondays ago when i made the f/t of the £100 d/s before that was 14th february when i won the tsp classic before that was a long while ago. I went broke today(was my plan to go broke so I could start a fresh) on here only had a few quid left in my account and that famous hand i posted up in the clinic my AA beaten by 5-2 was my last hand lol gonna start a fresh in a few weeks time probably and just forget everything else, forget i've ever played before and see where that takes me if it takes me no where then I have my answer it's never going to happen and be done with it the bad beats and the rest I can take. Its the going so long without making even a penny and knowing I couldnt of done anything better that gets to me its hard to go such a long run without out cashing I constantly tell my self my time will come if everyone else can do it and do it right why can't I lol as long as my time comes while i'm still about allbeit i'm 19 now so have a good few years left in me but I wont do if i keep busting before the cash haha. All I can say is don't worry mate I'm in the same boat and i am sure many others are to they just dont like saying it but that time will come when you will be able to put out that brag post again after taking something down..
    Posted by delaney09
    Cheers Delaney, yeah i don't have much left so i'm probably busto soon, trying to decide whether to deposit elsewhere or not, i've never really played anywhere else though 'cos of most being in dollars lol.
    I think i will end up depositing into Sky again though, just because i'm so used to it!

And Dohhh as for getting it in ahead.. i really wouldn't mind if i was getting it in bad and losing, because that's expected! i'm not saying i don't get myself into bad spots and leak chips sometimes during tournaments with worse hands, because i do, but whenever i play well and go semi-deep i always get sucked out on or lose a flip :-(