You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

********new****** Tonight's live show with Rich and Ed

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
I've had loads of disputes over dress codes for entry to snobby events. Do you believe the petty people at The Ivy won't let you in if you're wearing speedos?

Comments

• edited March 2011

OK- next along in our live broadcast schedule is tonight-Thursday March 10th.

The show kicks off at 8 and the main event is the £15K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

No guest this Thursday and we’re not on Sky Sports either, but back in the saddle will be the men with hats... 

...gambling our hard-won earnings on various silly bets as well as taking your questions, comments and hand requests.

We’ll also be playing Orford’s Disastermind- so if you fancy a crack at that then email us your phone number for tonight and we’ll get you on the air- skyopen@bskyb.com

Tonight’s Hot Topic-

What’s the pettiest dispute you’ve ever been involved in?

I once went to a Chinese restaurant and, after one mouthful, sent back a duck and ginger meal which clearly had way too much ginger in it. They promptly brought me something else off the menu but at the end of the night charged me for both dishes! I refused to pay for the first one and they called the police (!!!) who arrived looking very bemused.

Over to you- and good luck in tonight’s Bounty Hunter!

• edited March 2011
    About 10 years ago I went to a club in Coalville..............

We got to the door and the bouncer wouldnt let me in as my trainers were dirty!

I tried explaining that we had travelled over 100 miles to get there.

He made me go to the pub next door and clean then in the toilets!!!

Talk about power trip!

PS. the 56p dispute was the best I have seen on the sky poker forum! :)
  • edited March 2011
    Looking rather cool in the pic Rich ;-)

• edited March 2011
    That's not a hat... It's a hood. Just sayin'

;)
  • edited March 2011
    Rich   ... thanks for the suspense ... did you pay for it or not ?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: ********new****** Tonight's live show with Rich and Ed:
    That's not a hat... It's a hood. Just sayin' ;)
    Posted by LML
    "Men" is questionable too. lol
  • edited March 2011
    Rich ,
              Got to be said you look more like a Smurf than a poker player to fear :)
                 Good luck with the show ...........   Regards  Mick .
  • edited March 2011

Hot Topic, urrggghhh hot topics tend to be all gooey, and the hazelnuts get uncovered ;)

• edited March 2011
    hi rich
    most pettiest disputes i had was my steak was cold so i sent it back.  It came back quite quickly i moaned again not that the steak was to hot but the salad on the plate was still hot.  obvioulsly just stuck it the microwave.  Would not pay for it.tina
  • edited March 2011
    Good luck with the show guys, i'll be watching.

The pettiest dispute i've been involved in was in a supermarket.
    They had some rather nice wine on offer but each customer was limited to only buying 6 bottles. I got to the checkout and the woman refused to serve me stating i'd already been in earlier and purchased some. I hadn't of course so asked to see the manager which got me nowhere so I walked out and haven't been back in since.

• edited March 2011
    My first time in this tonight,thought I would treat myself as I had the snip yesterday and am a bit tender,

cheers
                                  Deano
  • edited March 2011
    My first time in this tonight,thought I would treat myself as I had the snip yesterday and am a bit tender,                      cheers                               Deano
    Posted by mm12
    One word, four letters!!!

OUCH!

Good Luck tonight

• edited March 2011
    I thought my knowledge about movies is bad  but Ed really surprised me today  (Blue Oyster) LOL
  • edited March 2011
    I thought my knowledge about movies is bad  but Ed really surprised me today  (Blue Oyster) LOL
    Posted by Liar007
    I wonder if Ed would get a dueling banjo's reference !
  • edited March 2011
    hand 350336184

Hi Guys

what do you think of this hand? did i play it too weak? was it a bad call by me?
  • edited March 2011
    where was the golf today Ed? Was it Wentworth?
  • edited March 2011
    Couple of points of clarification guys...

Firstly, you saying me being responsible for 4000 weddings a year makes me sound like a vicar! 

Secondly, Ed is not telling porkies, I was pants today. 

Finally, unlike myself, Ed did manage to find himself a partner that knew which end of a golf club to hold.

But we had fun.

Good show as ever.

Good luck to all tonight.
  • edited March 2011
    i had a fall out with my neighbour, when i briefly parked my car across his drive when i was unloading my car, he came out and said move it, i did and that was that, i had done it a few times that month but for 2 mins at a time, then a policeman came and arrested me for it, and locked me up all night ! 
    turns out my new neighbour is a ex copper and he insisted i was causing him harassment, and i got taken to court for it lol !!!
    true story that !!!!  
  • edited March 2011
    hand 350350760

How BAD DID I PLAY THIS? I thought he was bullying me!!! really embaraased!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Has the blind structure changed forthe BH or just my perception?
  • edited March 2011

Alright chaps, just wondering what Ed feels about KP getting injured and being sent home, and who he thinks should open for the rest of the cricket world cup?

Also, what chance does he give England of winning the tournament?

One last question, of all the cricket team-mates he ever had at professional level, who was the longest in the shower?
  • edited March 2011
    Hi both, you are making us laugh tonight!! Anyway I was in Coalville ( it's in Leicestershire) a couple of days ago & my friend I was with asked if I ever used to go there to the nightclub. As we were walking along he said Hey that's where it used to be & as I looked over it had written over it The Co-op Hall! Don't know if you'd have travelled 100 miles to it but I think it was going about 40years ago, got beds in the shop window now, perhaps that's what the draw is????? Keep up the laughs guys!!
  • edited March 2011

PLEASE more live shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited March 2011
    Alright chaps, just wondering what Ed feels about KP getting injured and being sent home, and who he thinks should open for the rest of the cricket world cup? Also, what chance does he give England of winning the tournament? One last question, of all the cricket team-mates he ever had at professional level, who was the longest in the shower?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    prior will open but think it should be bell, kp not that big a loss as morgan will come in, and dohhhh was of course the longest in the shower...the moobs alone took an hour to scrub

• edited March 2011
    I've hit runner runners twice so thanks for not bokking me Rich.  I'm sure if I was one of your picks, then I'd have been out first hand with quads vs Royal Flush :)
  • edited March 2011
    hi guys i am not around saturday so i will defer the invitation to embarass myself on live television until another time...thanks anyway
  • edited March 2011

The ref from the Barcelona game was being very petty when he booked Van Persie for shooting 1 second after he blew the whistle in stadium with 70,000 screaming Spaniards!!!!

• edited March 2011
    lol its was only that, it turns out if you are asked not to do something and you do it 3 times, in law you are causing harassment, i couldn't deny i had parked there (he had pictures) and i was given a restraining order that stated i am not allowed to park my car in that area for 1 year,
    so rich if you say to ed that it is upsetting that he keeps taking your fivers and he keeps doing it, report him to the police of harassment lol
  • edited March 2011
    hi guys i am not around saturday so i will defer the invitation to embarass myself on live television until another time...thanks anyway
    Posted by jesusdog22
    I reckon we should have a 3 way charity disastermind 1 night....

Jesusdog V Dohhhhh V Gregghogg, time extended to 45 seonds, the 2 losers have to make a £20 donation to the winners charity.

And Jesusdog must admit that Johnathan Trott is the most over-rated sportsman in history, if he loses.

Sort it out sky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    is that a top tip make sure to have fun while at the poker tables never mind about losing money playing awful and fighting the dealer just have fun... ill remember that when i make the wsop ME FT i guess i'm just here to have fun lol