You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is it ever possible to consider what others might have folded?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
It is important in poker to consider what two cards opponents in the hand might be holding. But is there a way to consider what cards others might have folded. For example if you are in the blinds with 22 and it gets folded all the way round to you. Can you assume that the likelyhood is that other players folded at least one, if not both of the twos left in the deck?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Is it ever possible to consider what others might have folded?:
    It is important in poker to consider what two cards opponents in the hand might be holding. But is there a way to consider what cards others might have folded. For example if you are in the blinds with 22 and it gets folded all the way round to you. Can you assume that the likelyhood is that other players folded at least one, if not both of the twos left in the deck?
    Posted by jugglegeek

Yeah I guess.  The only time I really think about this is if I have a middle pocket pair in a spot where there's a raise and a call.  Then a tightish player mulls over their hand for awhile then folds, I can pretty much discount two paint cards or an A from the deck going to the flop.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Is it ever possible to consider what others might have folded?:
    Posted by jugglegeek
    In holdem this is a waste of menal effort with very little or no benifit to you IMO. I've heard discusions about having an ace in position and it folded to you in a loose game that your likelyhood of floping a pr with your ace increaes slighlty but how much you should factor this into your stratagy I'm not sure, got to be close to zero.