You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The New "Victor Blom (Isildur1)

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Has anyone else seen around the poker forums the hype about a new kid on the block goes by the alias XWINK who reportedly was playing "step tournaments" just weeks ago then managed to turn 4k in 2mil over the space of a few nights, he like Blom is not afraid to exchange with the big boys and taking on patrik antonius, Phil Ivey, Durr and the rest, with March only 10 days in he has reportedly made over $1.7mil.

surely this can only be good for poker, he first came about a couple of years ago when he posted a brag on another well known poker forum about how he played a tournament with his last $11 and took it down for $700 from which he started grinding up from midstakes HUPLO to highstakes HUPLO for a week and turned my BR into 6 digits. <<< This was done on a site currently under scrutiny and has been for a while.

What do people think of this youngster if you have seen him do you think he will last like the rest or be there one minute and gone by the next, as it has been said that he literally plays with the majority of his bankroll at one time, He has a Luke Schwartz type ora about him loves to try and tilt players by putting abuse in the chat box or simple comments such as can we speed this game up or your getting no more action as he said to Patrik Antonius this morning Lol could be good things to come if he can manage to stick around that is .

edit: if i have posted in the wrong area sorry

Comments

• edited March 2011

I think it's Irnbru99p
  • edited March 2011

He's playing patrik atm.

i railed a bit this morning while eating brekkie and he asked patrik for 100k flip!!! crazy!

But i can see him going busto eventually makes some crazy tilt calls but i want him to last.
  • edited March 2011
    lol Irn Bru is good stuff and currently 45p
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: The New "Victor Blom (Isildur1):
    He's playing patrik atm. i railed a bit this morning while eating brekkie and he asked patrik for 100k flip!!! crazy! But i can see him going busto eventually makes some crazy tilt calls but i want him to last.
    Posted by Norbit

yeahh they are playing again now.... were u reading what he was saying to patrik in the chat box can we speed this up please if you dont you lose my action and patrik just wrote back ohh sure, yeah ive said he looks the type that can win it all or go busto within hours he was 4 tabling earlier against skjervoy there was over $2.5mil on the table which majority by the looks of it was his but managed to end the session $120k down by as u said making crazy tilt calls but luckily paid off for him, yeah i see the 100k flip when he flopped the trip threes he has hugeeeee downswings though like right now he has $300k on one table but then manages to be back to a BI within an hour lol
  • edited March 2011

Nah i missed most of it, just flicking back every now n then.

according to hsdb hes showing $1.5 milli profit for the last week which is crazy!
  • edited March 2011
    Nah i missed most of it, just flicking back every now n then. according to hsdb hes showing $1.5 milli profit for the last week which is crazy!
    Posted by Norbit
    yep and that was over a 36hour period lol he is probably showing profit for now too as he has easily made the $120k back that he was down earlier and probably up another 3-400k
  • edited March 2011

The other foot finally dropped and recent upstart XWINK lost over $1 million on Full Tilt Poker this weekend.

XWINK, who spun $4k into $2 million in four days, was derailed after running into an elite group of FTP players including Phil Ivey, Cole South, Dan “jungleman12” Cates and NoParasan.

XWINK was crushed for $1.2 million in 3,211 hands. He primary played $500/$1,000 Cap PLO but there were also several sessions of $300/$600 PLO.

Cole South did the most damage winning $514k from XWINK. Phil Ivey ended up taking $266k, jungleman12 won $253k and finally NoParasan raked in $159k.

• edited March 2011
    The other foot finally dropped and recent upstart XWINK lost over $1 million on Full Tilt Poker this weekend. XWINK, who spun $4k into $2 million in four days, was derailed after running into an elite group of FTP players including Phil Ivey, Cole South, Dan “jungleman12” Cates and NoParasan. XWINK was crushed for $1.2 million in 3,211 hands. He primary played $500/$1,000 Cap PLO but there were also several sessions of $300/$600 PLO. Cole South did the most damage winning $514k from XWINK. Phil Ivey ended up taking $266k, jungleman12 won $253k and finally NoParasan raked in $159k.
    Posted by christiann

All of this
    - I read that not long after i posted here it seems like one of those players who its either all or nothing but losing $1.2mil doesnt seemed to have stopped him and I believe at that time by what he was saying on the tables to people railing this morning he went down to his last $500k that he had online and was back up to $1.7 after a long night session but didnt say who with, so hes clearly eratic and all them other crazy words and I if he has another $1.2 mil downswing will he be able to cope keeping grinding back up to just go back to $500k

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: The New "Victor Blom (Isildur1) : All of this - I read that not long after i posted here it seems like one of those players who its either all or nothing but losing $1.2mil doesnt seemed to have stopped him and I believe at that time by what he was saying on the tables to people railing this morning he went down to his last $500k that he had online and was back up to $1.7 after a long night session but didnt say who with, so hes clearly eratic and all them other crazy words and I if he has another $1.2 mil downswing will he be able to cope keeping grinding back up to just go back to $500k
    Posted by delaney09
    Lets just say he's not the best guy to take bank roll managment advice from..
  • edited March 2011
    haha his BRM rule is strictly 10 BI's is enough
    Quick tips -
    1. You only need 10 buy ins, just buy in short and play small pots.
    2. Build your own game, dont follow the path of other people's game.
    3. Try to play without emotion. I feel the same when i lose a 50k pot as I do when I win a 50k pot. (Although secretly, I'm smiling inside when I win)

they are his quick tips LOL
  • edited March 2011
    haha his BRM rule is strictly 10 BI's is enough Quick tips - 1. You only need 10 buy ins, just buy in short and play small pots. 2. Build your own game, dont follow the path of other people's game. 3. Try to play without emotion. I feel the same when i lose a 50k pot as I do when I win a 50k pot. (Although secretly, I'm smiling inside when I win)   they are his quick tips LOL
    Posted by delaney09
    Lol tbf i like the second one!
  • edited March 2011
    yeah the 2nd one is realistic and good'ish' advice the first one is crazy 10 BI's are more then enough lol and the last one is good not to let emotions get the better of you
  • edited March 2011
    The last tip is easily done if you're playing well within your bankroll. It's not so easy when you follow what he's doing.
  • edited March 2011
    The last tip is easily done if you're playing well within your bankroll. It's not so easy when you follow what he's doing.
    Posted by AcidMan27

I don't think there are many following what hes doing BRM wise  (wouldn't surprise me if there are) although i wouldn't mind following what he is doing with his bankroll wouldnt mind a cool couple mil, he already has mad downswings as it is this 10 BI rule cant surely still be used by him.... his quick tips were posted in 2009 so i would like to think he has done something with his game regarding BRM but doesn't seem like he has cause he was speaking in a chatbox when i was watching him HU v antonius this morning and he says something along the lines of i have 1.7 mil left in my bank account (playing 2 500/1k HU PLO, and 3 300/600 HU PLO, with full BI) so your talking saying 400-500k before he loses anything which is around 25% of his BR, but back to what he said if he was to go down to 500k from that 1.7 mil he will just 3k/6k his way back up lol

Still its good for poker there hasnt been that much action where he plays for a long while usually its short swift sessions
  • edited March 2011
    hes down 450k and been playing about an hour or so looks like his time is coming to an end hes on major tilt gone from 5 tabling to 1 table and writing a lot in the chat box about how much he is down and how tilted he is.... doesnt look good especially when he is being absolutely owned one tabling jungleman......
  • edited March 2011
    XWINK /XBLINK is/was just a fish on a heater, pretty much every HSPLO reg wants to play him afaik
  • edited March 2011
    If only he retired when he made the 1.7 million... that would be a kl story.
  • edited March 2011
    If only he retired when he made the 1.7 million... that would be a kl story.
    Posted by BlackFish3

yep instead he is gonna look like retiring with zilch well thats if he hasnt previously withdrawn but i know he lost just under $1m last night and he made a $24k mis click and started asking for the $24k  to be sent back to him then asked to be staked for $1m the guy he was playing just LOL'd, he even asked Jungleman to hurry up and take his BR he gave him an hour to make him broke, so it seems he has had enough and just wants to go broke now, HSDB says he has around 500k left in his BR from what he has won so far this month so in 11 days he has won 1.7m lost 1.2m... must be fun to be up and down like a yoyo
  • edited March 2011
    XWINK: sorry
    XWINK: i have to play hit and run style
    jungleman12: thats great
    XWINK: i was going to ask you for a stake

HAHA