You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live cash game genral advice plz.

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
How different is a live cash game to an on-line one?

There's a game locally tomorrow night and I'm going to take a shot at it.

Blinds are £1/£1 (Not a typo). Max buy-in is £100. I'm going to take £200 in my pocket and not play scared.

The players won't be pros or anything but will mostly have more live experience than me.

Think it's 9 handed too which I don't have too much experience with (none in cash).

Any advice gratefully received.

(I know it's not good BRM but it's not often I get a chance to do something like this and the money's been set aside.)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    the games are usually always softer live than online, devide the stakes by four and you will be somewere close to the online equivalent IMO.

Almost always looser and more passive live than online from my experience. I'd suggest a very ABC very TAGish type strategy, should be good for £1/£1
  • edited March 2011
    also if its your first time live, be prepaired for the snails pace something you might not be use to from a online background, and dont let it put you of your strategy.
    You will probably make some mistakes ( I know I did the first time I went) in regards to betting out of turn, not been able to follow the action, not anoncing raises etc, just understand beforehand it will probably happen and relax about it and things should go OK.

GL.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Live cash game genral advice plz.:
    also if its your first time live, be prepaired for the snails pace something you might not be use to from a online background, and dont let it put you of your strategy. You will probably make some mistakes ( I know I did the first time I went) in regards to betting out of turn, not been able to follow the action, not anoncing raises etc, just understand beforehand it will probably happen and relax about it and things should go OK. GL.
    Posted by ciderhic
    Played plenty live mate, just not a cash game.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Live cash game genral advice plz. : Played plenty live mate, just not a cash game.
    Posted by bandini

not sure what you are acually asking help for, youve played cash games, youve played plenty live. a poker game is a poker game is a poker game
  • edited March 2011
    Also don't drink too much buckfast!

You may think your ace 4 is aces! :)
  • edited March 2011
    Dont buy this "live is softer" line bud.  You'll have a much better feel for your opponents live, use that to your asvantage.  Take your time, quick decisions are bad ones.  Spend some time categorising your opponents, keep track of the types of hands they play from which positions, then get involved.
  • edited March 2011
    Also don't drink too much buckfast! You may think your ace 4 is aces! :)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Who do you think I am? TheDon90? :-)

Classy red wine drinkers up in Caithness dude. Just found out there's a cash game starting in 5 mins. I'm on my way. Drunkish but, like Dohhhhhhh, I play better drunk. Just my BRM that's suspect. And I can only lose the cash I have so my limit is set.

Thanks for advice all.