You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1st hour at cash

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
i am a sit and go player and just played my 1st hour at cash 4p/8p,i made a £12.03p profit,is that a good profit for my first hour?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to 1st hour at cash:
    i am a sit and go player and just played my 1st hour at cash 4p/8p,i made a £12.03p profit,is that a good profit for my first hour?
    Posted by mkgunner

£12/hour x 12 hours = £144/day
    £144/day x 7 days   = £1'008/week
    £1'008/week x 4 weeks = £4'032/month
    £4'032/month x 12 months = £48'384/year

So about £49K minus the rake, variance and down swing comes to..........

(56p.....Good luck with that)
  • edited March 2011
    I think most players would consider a 1 buyin profit over an hour more than adequate, let alone 1.5.

Rather than look in terms of your actual profit, you have to look in terms of buyins- £8 an hour is very average for the risks you're taking, but if you maintain that for a few days, playing a few hours a day, you can move up to 10NL, maybe 20NL. 1 buyin an hour at this level is now £20 an hour- that's quite a return indeed. And if you continue making constant, regular profits like that you can move up the levels until your 1 buyin return is now £100 an hour- which I think most people would snap at.

Obviously getting that kind of return on a regular basis at high levels just isn't going to happen (I very much doubt the high stakes players win £1000+ a night on average), so be realistic. Great job on your first session, but keep in mind that 1 hour is very different to 100 hours, and you may have just got a little lucky with your cards and table- see how you get on over the next dozen sessions or so, and keep an eye on your bankroll :)
  • edited March 2011
    150xbb per hour is mediocre.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to 1st hour at cash:
    Posted by mkgunner
    In a word, yes.
    But beware! I do very well in tourneys but poorly in cash, which I only play now when drunk, and then at very low stakes. As I have learnt to my cost, SnG or MTT players often do well in the first hour of a cash game. They take their normally aggressive tourney game to a cash game and tend to run over it for a time, but the cash game sharks are waiting to pick you off.
    Watch out! It won't always be so easy.

And good luck.
  • edited March 2011
    cheers 4 the replys,ill keep an eye out for them sharks bigbluster if i make the switch to cash.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 1st hour at cash:
    In Response to 1st hour at cash : In a word, yes. But beware! I do very well in tourneys but poorly in cash, which I only play now when drunk, and then at very low stakes. As I have learnt to my cost, SnG or MTT players often do well in the first hour of a cash game. They take their normally aggressive tourney game to a cash game and tend to run over it for a time, but the cash game sharks are waiting to pick you off. Watch out! It won't always be so easy. And good luck.
    Posted by BigBluster
    this is why ive adapted my game considerably. And even then i still only do small 1-2 hour sessions, with no fewer than 10 tables loaded.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to 1st hour at cash : £12/hour x 12 hours = £144/day £144/day x 7 days   = £1'008/week £1'008/week x 4 weeks = £4'032/month £4'032/month x 12 months = £48'384/year So about £49K minus the rake, variance and down swing comes to.......... (56p.....Good luck with that)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    LOL best post I've read in ages. Almost fell off my chair.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 1st hour at cash : this is why ive adapted my game considerably. And even then i still only do small 1-2 hour sessions, with no fewer than 10 tables loaded.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat ???
  • edited March 2011
    i cant even fit 4 tables on screen let alone play them
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 1st hour at cash : Whaaaaaaaaaaat ???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1 i did say the same to JJ son
  • edited March 2011
    im playing my first ever hr at nl100, arghhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 1st hour at cash : LOL best post I've read in ages. Almost fell off my chair.
    Posted by suedehead7
    + 1

LOL
  • edited March 2011
    well i lasted an hr, thats got to be worth somethin!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    well i lasted an hr, thats got to be worth somethin!!!!!
    Posted by pod1
    How much did you lose? ;)
  • edited March 2011
    up £72, should be more!!
  • edited March 2011
    Nice!

I won when I tried 50nl a few times but don't have the balls to play it all the time yet.
  • edited March 2011
    121 up now, should be more . ref to clinic!!!
  • edited March 2011
    finished on a bad note  £76 up, but put a large bet on river and  i lose connection. , never happens pre flop, just after i bet. drives me fracking insane, how many more times!!!!!!!!!!!!!. up yes, happy no!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    can i state i meant to say no fewer than 4 tables loaded. Was very sleepy when i wrote that.
  • edited March 2011
    OK DON! I DID THINK 10 TABLES WAS A BIT MUCH
    WHY THE BIG LETTERS?

• edited March 2011
    OK DON! I DID THINK 10 TABLES WAS A BIT MUCH WHY THE BIG LETTERS?
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I was extremely tired and had a sore head and was annoyed. So i wanted to get my point across without any questions
  • edited March 2011
    no need to shout donald! we was all thinking it ;)