You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A quote for area 51 regs

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
might have had a bent arrow though eh

Comments

• edited March 2011

"In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself" - Confucius.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: A quote for area 51 regs:
    might have had a bent arrow though eh
    Posted by oynutter
    Ah, but, "The cream always rises to the top, and the cream must use the same bow and arrow, so one must not assume the bow and arrow is to blame" - banducius
  • edited March 2011
    never seen a top archer made of cream tho eh
  • edited March 2011
    never seen a top archer made of cream tho eh
    Posted by oynutter
    Top cream archer
  • edited March 2011
    Tie me kangaroo down sport- harris.

;)
  • edited March 2011
    Benyamine you just got sooooooooooooooooo pwned it's a joke. Schwartz.
  • edited March 2011
    Bandini,

What makes me laugh is that you assume all those questioning what we see are losing players. Where do you guys play cash?? You all winners??
  • edited March 2011
    At the end of the day, the sun goes down.
  • edited March 2011
    and when sun goes down the fun starts :)
  • edited March 2011
    Bandini, What makes me laugh is that you assume all those questioning what we see are losing players. Where do you guys play cash?? You all winners??
    Posted by stien
    I never assume. To assume is to make an a$$ out of u and me.

I'm not referring to Elsadog et al who make arguments that, although I find them hard to believe, are intelligently made.

I merely refer to some of the crazies that can't believe AA can ever be beaten.

I play cash mainly here. Rush poker is my crack addiction though.

Am I a winner here? Probably marginally since I started cash if you misclude (word) my forrays into the bigger stakes. Not tonight, where everything that could go wrong did. But live poker kicks me in the a$$ often too. I know I made mostly right moves tonight and was targetting a maniac who I could have stacked with a bit of luck. But someone else caught him firing into a 7-2 pair of 7s against Atrips. Then my made house got rivered by a bigger house. People forget that poker requires luck too. I lost 2 BIs tonight but could have made 7 easily.

I respect you cash game Stien, I respect the way you can start an argument that suddenly makes a thread on here interesting.

When I lose I look inwards though. Of course it's possible I'm wrong. But my, I think, rational mind suggests it is bad play by me. Or bad luck. Poker has huge amounts of luck involved.

That's me explained.

Still not sure what point you're making bud?
  • edited March 2011
    bandini your the man honest as they come...wp
  • edited March 2011

Bandini,

Fair play to you 'I lost 2 BIs tonight but could have made 7 easily.' there's a feeling I'm familiar with.

The point I was making is that there are winning players also questioning some of the things they see online. Don't get me wrong I examine my game more in a downswing and am well aware the majority of my losses come via my own mistakes, its the basis of the game, someone else has to make a mistake for me to win. 

Why do I ask questions? Because I find some of the things I see online hard to rationalise but for me the REAL ISSUE for us as online poker players is that there are a significant number of people out there who won’t play online because they believe it is rigged, I know plenty. As players we need as many people on here playing as possible, the fact these people won’t play online is ours and indeed the sites loss. Surely the industry should be falling over its self in producing evidence that makes a good number of these doubters return. 

• edited March 2011
    "Poker exemplifies the worst aspects of capitalism that have made our country so great." Walter Matthau"The smarter you play, the luckier you'll be." Mark Pilarski"Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker." Amarillo Slim
  • edited March 2011
    This is my favourite :o)
    A Smith & Wesson beats four aces." Anon
  • edited March 2011

"If there's always biscuits in the tin, where's the fun in biscuits" 

"You see, the thing about girls is, they don't quite appreciate the place of the public house within the cultural fabric of this great nation"

- Gary Strang, (Men behaving badly)

:"People see me, and they see the suit, and they go: "you're not fooling anyone", they know I'm rock and roll through and through. But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know. And if there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say "that's what I think of your selection policy, yes I've hit the odd copper, yes I've enjoyed the old dooby, but will you p/iss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats for some sp/astics."

“Me, lager. Finchy, Lager. Gareth, lager sometimes cider, so different drinks for different...needs.”

"There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I'll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there's nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It's like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go 'ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I am, I'm prejudiced.' Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he's not, it's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones" 

-Sir David Brent

"I'm not homophobic, all right? Come around, look at my C.D collection. You'll find Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers."

- The_don90
  • edited March 2011
    Bandini,   Fair play to you ' I lost 2 BIs tonight but could have made 7 easily .' there's a feeling I'm familiar with. The point I was making is that there are winning players also questioning some of the things they see online. Don't get me wrong I examine my game more in a downswing and am well aware the majority of my losses come via my own mistakes, its the basis of the game, someone else has to make a mistake for me to win.  Why do I ask questions? Because I find some of the things I see online hard to rationalise but for me the REAL ISSUE for us as online poker players is that there are a significant number of people out there who won’t play online because they believe it is rigged, I know plenty. As players we need as many people on here playing as possible, the fact these people won’t play online is ours and indeed the sites loss. Surely the industry should be falling over its self in producing evidence that makes a good number of these doubters return. 
    Posted by stien
    Fair play right back at ya.

Everything should be questioned. There was a time when you were considered insane if you didn't believe the earth was flat. A large swathe of the good 'ol Ooh Ess Ay still preach intelligent design. We live in a crazy world. Anyone who can say that, without doubt, online poker cannot possibly be rigged is as insane as anyone who says it without doubt is IMHO. But I still can't rationally opine that it is.

Would expand further but I'm already an hour late for a big tourney after staggering into the house, cooked breakfast stolen from the hotel in hand, £200 down from a cash game, at 7 this morning. Got to win the damned thing now. Or get luckier in the cash game tonight :-)

Peace brothers.
  • edited March 2011
    Dohhh,

Is this a genuine quote from Don90? If so it's comedy genius.

"I'm not homophobic, all right? Come around, look at my C.D collection. You'll find Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers."

- The_don90
  • edited March 2011
    Dohhh, Is this a genuine quote from Don90? If so it's comedy genius. " I'm not homophobic, all right? Come around, look at my C.D collection. You'll find Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers." - The_don90
    Posted by stien
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I  so hope don has said this but am thinking it's one of dohhhhhhhhhhhs comedy moments :)

• edited March 2011
    Dohhh, Is this a genuine quote from Don90? If so it's comedy genius. " I'm not homophobic, all right? Come around, look at my C.D collection. You'll find Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers." - The_don90
    Posted by stien
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I  so hope don has said this but am thinking it's one of dohhhhhhhhhhhs comedy moments :)

• edited March 2011

Nah it would be good if the great man had said it, unfortunately it's another 1 I robbed from the office  :(

There are many great Don quotes that wouldn't be out of place on this thread tho.
  • edited March 2011
    Nah it would be good if the great man had said it, unfortunately it's another 1 I robbed from the office  :(There are many great Don quotes that wouldn't be out of place on this thread tho.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: A quote for area 51 regs : I never assume. To assume is to make an a$$ out of u and me. I'm not referring to Elsadog et al who make arguments that, although I find them hard to believe, are intelligently made. I merely refer to some of the crazies that can't believe AA can ever be beaten. I play cash mainly here. Rush poker is my crack addiction though. Am I a winner here? Probably marginally since I started cash if you misclude (word) my forrays into the bigger stakes. Not tonight, where everything that could go wrong did. But live poker kicks me in the a$$ often too. I know I made mostly right moves tonight and was targetting a maniac who I could have stacked with a bit of luck. But someone else caught him firing into a 7-2 pair of 7s against Atrips. Then my made house got rivered by a bigger house. People forget that poker requires luck too. I lost 2 BIs tonight but could have made 7 easily. I respect you cash game Stien, I respect the way you can start an argument that suddenly makes a thread on here interesting. When I lose I look inwards though. Of course it's possible I'm wrong. But my, I think, rational mind suggests it is bad play by me. Or bad luck. Poker has huge amounts of luck involved. That's me explained. Still not sure what point you're making bud?
    Posted by bandini

Rush poker is EVIL!  lol.  Love the tournament variant though.  If you've gone real deep and have a stack it is utterly obscene how many pots you can steal.  There's little in the way of constant scrutiny to make it an issue.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: A quote for area 51 regs : Rush poker is EVIL !   lol.  Love the tournament variant though.  If you've gone real deep and have a stack it is utterly obscene how many pots you can steal.  There's little in the way of constant scrutiny to make it an issue.
    Posted by AMYBR
    +1

The on demand things that start with 40 runners, and late reg, end up around 180 total....

Much better than stars 180 runner sng things.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: A quote for area 51 regs : +1 The on demand things that start with 40 runners, and late reg, end up around 180 total.... Much better than stars 180 runner sng things.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Rubbish it's poker crack for junkies.