You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Win yourself £50!!!

edited September 2009 in The Shed
Hey guys,

some of you might not have seen this so i thought i'd give it a little nudge. go and check out this little competition - a really easy way to win yourself some cash.

another competition that you've hopefully seen is the poker photos comp here

good luck everyone!

Comments

• edited September 2009
    ok i have been thinking about this and it sounds ok to me but we will after see what the bosses think, anyway this is my idea.

tournament name: champions league of poker.

first of all you will need 8 teams with 4 players (1 reserve could be a possibility)

but the players in each team must come from roughly the same area for example the 8 teams could be something like this:

1, londoners
    2, scouses
    3, midlands
    4, yorkshire
    5, wales
    6, scotland
    7, sky mods
    8, ireland

this is just an example and obviously the teams will be decided by sky poker.

the entry fee would be in the region of £100 per team which is £20 each if you go with a reserve just incase one player cant play on their supposed night.

the tournament will start on a monday night and something along the lines of 12 minute blinds maybe, player 1 from each team will compete on monday and player 2 on tuesday, player 3 on wednesday and player 4 on thursday.

for each game the points will be,

1st 10 pts
    2nd 6 pts
    3rd 5 pts
    4th 4 pts
    5th 3pts
    6th 2 pts
    7th 1pt
    8th 0 pts

after the 4 nights of poker have been completed the top 4 that have accumilated the most points will then be put through to the semi finals, with no.1 playing no.4 and no.2 playing no.3 in the order they qualified. the semi finals will be played on the friday night with all 5 players taking part, it will be 5 games of heads up poker player 1 v player 1...player2 v player2 and so on, clearly it is not possible to draw this way, so the 2 winning teams that go through will play in the final with 5 games of heads up poker once again to decide who are the champions on sky poker, i also think it would be a good idea to mix up the poker on the 1st 4 nights, monday could be 12 minute blinds and tuesday could be 3 minute blinds, wednesday could be pot limit and thursday so on, clearly this will need some fine tuning as its all a bit mumble jumble at the moment, but its just an idea i thought i would out there.

thanks for reading all this

webby
  • edited September 2009
    great idea Webby,

please can you post this on the actual competition thread? just copy and paste it on there (saves you having to type it up again). when i hand this over to the poker team for judging i wouldn't want any ideas to be missed!

good luck!
  • edited September 2009
    i realised i had posted it in wrong place so copy and pasted it soon after, cheers rich

webby