You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

consistent RNG

edited March 2011 in Area 51

theres lots of talk about online poker being fixed(on all sites not just here),what iv wondered is wether or not the RNG is consistent throughout the levels,ie,does the game play the same from micro stakes to the higher stakes..i myself have never played above £20 buy-in,so my experience is limited to that level and below.are there any players here that have progressed from micro to high stakes,and did they notice a difference in gameplay.?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to consistent RNG:
    theres lots of talk about online poker being fixed(on all sites not just here),what iv wondered is wether or not the RNG is consistent throughout the levels,ie,does the game play the same from micro stakes to the higher stakes..i myself have never played above £20 buy-in,so my experience is limited to that level and below.are there any players here that have progressed from micro to high stakes,and did they notice a difference in gameplay.?
    Posted by philmenow
    This explains alot.

More mis-deals at micros imo.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: consistent RNG:
    In Response to consistent RNG : This explains alot. More mis-deals at micros imo.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hey,some of us are struggling to survive in this cuntry,evrything going up except wages,..so a £20 buy-in aint small potatoes billy...the questions a pretty easy one,and relevant..im sure the RNG 'should' be the same throughout the levels,but is it? im sure if i was just a single chap with just my trouser snake to keep,i could afford to play at higher levels and sp unk endless amounts of my hard-earned here.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: consistent RNG : hey,some of us are struggling to survive in this cuntry,evrything going up except wages,..so a £20 buy-in aint small potatoes billy...the questions a pretty easy one,and relevant..im sure the RNG 'should' be the same throughout the levels,but is it? im sure if i was just a single chap with just my trouser snake to keep,i could afford to play at higher levels and sp unk endless amounts of my hard-earned here.
    Posted by philmenow

What makes you suspect it isnt ?

• edited March 2011

You're missing the point.

If you were any good you would be able to play poker for free.

i.e deposit once/twice/3 times and not lose it.

Everyone started the same, with an initial (small) deposit and went from there. Some people decided to work at their game everyday, rather than waste that time on the forum complaining about it being rigged,

It's no co-incidence that these people are now playing the higher games that you refer to in your opening post.

And of course it's the same game higher up, the players are just better so you see less poor calls, therefore, less bad beats and unreal suck outs (albeit you still see quite alot!!!) But that's the game.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: consistent RNG : What makes you suspect it isnt ?
    Posted by lMARKl
    well,having not played those higher levels,how would i know??
  • edited March 2011
    You're missing the point. If you were any good you would be able to play poker for free. i.e deposit once/twice/3 times and not lose it. Everyone started the same, with an initial (small) deposit and went from there. Some people decided to work at their game everyday, rather than waste that time on the forum complaining about it being rigged, It's no co-incidence that these people are now playing the higher games that you refer to in your opening post. And of course it's the same game higher up, the players are just better so you see less poor calls, therefore, less bad beats and unreal suck outs (albeit you still see quite alot!!!) But that's the game.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i do play for free,not deposited at any poker site since last year,,,however when i compare my sharkscope graphs for here and the others,this is the losingest site i play,by a long way.. minus $97 over 929 games, roi 8%..so i either change the way i play when im here(which i dont),the quality of player at my levels here,are lesser/lukkier than at other sites or the RNG is biased towards bad play,and i should play at a higher level to overcome this.

• edited March 2011

You just run better on other sites. 

• edited March 2011
    i went on a 36 game losing streak on sky then went on a 23 game winning streak im up and down like a yoyo manage to show a marginal profit playing here allbeit only $175 compared to others where i break even or cant find the stats
  • edited March 2011
    You're missing the point. If you were any good you would be able to play poker for free. i.e deposit once/twice/3 times and not lose it. Everyone started the same, with an initial (small) deposit and went from there. Some people decided to work at their game everyday, rather than waste that time on the forum complaining about it being rigged, It's no co-incidence that these people are now playing the higher games that you refer to in your opening post. And of course it's the same game higher up, the players are just better so you see less poor calls, therefore, less bad beats and unreal suck outs (albeit you still see quite alot!!!) But that's the game.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Doh, your an opinionated guy like myself and I'm always interested in what you have to say, but this is a tad egocentric.  I've worked at my game online from day 1 but am a 9k flop overall online.  But I can.... mmmm absorb that into my live success (painfully).I am very happy with my game, I honestly dont remeber the last time I felt uncomfortable at any table.  I am totally open with my faults and if I have one its online  BR managment, which may be the core of my losses perhaps. 

My point either way is you could play perfect world class poker online, whether its tweaked or not, and still never have more than sub mediocre success.  Equally you could play hidiously badly and be Jamie Gold.  Online or offline, thats part and parcel of poker
  • edited March 2011
    The answer to your question is how many flops, turns and rivers are exposed as a percentage of games played. On the micro levels their are an awful lot of flops, turns and river cards coming into play so we see more suck outs, at the higher end you will see far fewer flops, even less turns, and hardly any river cards, this is because if someone raises you £25 preflop, you ain't gonna bet with rubbish all the time, but raise 12p and you get a stack load of callers. In conclusion i would say that the sky rng is just as bad at the higher levels!