You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad beat but happy ending

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
I just took a bad beat - I won't bore you with details but it was a standard two-outer being hit on river after chips went in on the turn.

After thinking it was a poor play I checked out their Sharkscope and now I'm going to bed happy knowing playing like that doesn't get rewarded in the long term.

I don't check Sharkscope often but I've never seen such a nice straight line over so many games. Has anyone got better examples?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Hi mate,

I played a hand against you in the £33 BH on thursday night, it was in the later stages, blinds were 400/800 with one UTG limper, i raised in the CO to 3200 & you shoved in the BB for about 16000, its been bugging me can i ask what you had ??????? pretty pleeeeeeeease lol

Dont think i will get a good nights sleep until i get an answer lol :)

I had AK but did not need a race at best at this stage.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Bad beat but happy ending:
    Hi mate, I played a hand against you in the £33 BH on thursday night, it was in the later stages, blinds were 400/800 with one UTG limper, i raised in the CO to 3200 & you shoved in the BB for about 16000, its been bugging me can i ask what you had ??????? pretty pleeeeeeeease lol Dont think i will get a good nights sleep until i get an answer lol :) I had AK but did not need a race at best at this stage.
    Posted by goodylad21
    Lol. I would have thought you'd have played enough games (and made enough profit!) on here not to get too bothered about a one-off hand. I guess it was near to bubble(?) 

Anyway, you're right, it would have been a coinflip and I was just ahead. I guess mathematically after putting your 3200 in the pot you had the odds and should have called? I appreciate the respect you gave me by folding.

I don't know how to properly post a hand history but this screen grab, once approved, will show you it was JJ....

• edited March 2011

As my image hasn't been approved (not sure why as name isn't shown) I thought I'd draw what it looks like so my post has some meaning.

0     -
                -
                  -
                     -
                       -
                          -
                            - 
                              -
                                -
                                  -

Basically, over 8000 games the player has made over $20,000 loss :-o 

• edited March 2011
    The photo has been approved, I can see it.

I don't understand how anyone can lose that much. I would just give up, it can't be fun if you're 20k down.
  • edited March 2011
    at least he is consistant lol it never goes up just one straight line to hell
  • edited March 2011
    i think sharkscope isnt correct all the time when i scope my FTP account it says im in a $68 loss when in fact i only deposited $20 and turned that into $100 on friday playing omaha but according to that ive played 5 tournaments lol when i played 0
  • edited March 2011
    why u posting my sharkscope GTY ;)