You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Low stakes satellite facing 2 allins

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Have I become just a meganit? What would you do here, readless- I was snapping the first guy ofc, but when someone else came over the top I know if I lose hand I'm back down in the mix again, whereas I'm pretty comfortable to most likely cruise into the seats with my stack. Is folding here just a terrible play? I think it might be. :(
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Mr_D_Gray Small blind   150.00 150.00 2837.50
THFCBear Big blind   300.00 450.00 7090.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

DeucesLive Raise   700.00 1150.00 5700.00
AJW1976 All-in   1365.00 2515.00 0.00
MarkWolves Fold        
mikeEEe Fold        
Mr_D_Gray All-in   2837.50 5352.50 0.00
THFCBear Fold        
DeucesLive Fold

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I think a bit more info is necessary here, i.e how many left and many get seats?

The first player's shoving range is very wide here but Mr_D_Gray must have a massive hand. So the fold is fine imo.
  • edited March 2011
    Well, 8 seats with 14 left- but only just got moved to the table, had been there perhaps an orbit or so.

That was pretty much my reasoning too... but is it really too nitty with AK?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Low stakes satellite facing 2 allins:
    Well, 8 seats with 14 left- but only just got moved to the table, had been there perhaps an orbit or so. That was pretty much my reasoning too... but is it really too nitty with AK?
    Posted by DeucesLive
    It's a tough one , you have to give the re-shove guy credit for a pocket pair. So if it's QQ or less we have a race, so 2.1k to call into 5.3k pot is giving you the odds.

However, you have to factor in the times they turn over KK or AA.

In conclusion, a bit like Matt Prior the other day, I'm stumped.
  • edited March 2011
    gotta call innit looking at what u got behind and how much u have invested
  • edited March 2011
    You'll still have 3600 if you call Gray and lose which is 12 BB's and gives you a good shoving stack. If you win you have 10k and surely get a seat so I'd probably call.
  • edited March 2011
    well i know ajw very very well, and  aq aj even a10suited is well within his rage for that type of bet, the 2nd is ob a bit more of a diliama, me personally i call with still a half decent stack behind me.
  • edited March 2011
    This is an easy fold for me approaching the bubble in a satellite. In a position of relative comfort you don't want to be calling 2 shoves with AK.
  • edited March 2011
    wide shoving range lmao! love it thanks  ;)
  • edited March 2011
    I think you were right to fold the ak,however there are some players who would call thinking they are priced into the hand given thier stack ,but 3 handed gives more % for your hand to be much weaker in respect,so making a good laydown and finding another quickshoot spot is prolly better.. You had a good amount of fold equity to fall back .gl deuces live
  • edited March 2011
    second pot i lost to mr gray ,was dominated the first time mayb he tilt me into callin shove lol