You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GIVE ME A GUN NOW AND ID GLADLY USE!!

edited October 2009 in Area 51
OHHHH and 1 more thing -

I set up a fake account on ladbrokes (i didnt want 2 use my real id 4 this experiment...as im NOT a muppet).

Its free chips and u start of wih 2,000......ended up with over 50,000 playing like a muppet/idiot/chancer.

Sure I upset a few ppl like me on there, 4 which Im sorry, I just wanted 2 prove a point that chancers win 2 much and thats on here aswell.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    I am a good player,Im not saying im oustanding but I would say Im just above average.  Im not being big headed or anything but I am.
    I not a loose player, Im not a chancer and Im no riverat, Im a level headed player and I bet accordingly depending on the hand im holding and the odds of hitting a STR8/FLUSH/FH etc

So now u would expect 2 read how well im doing and im making a healthy profit, but the simple fact is Im NOT, Im not making any!!!!

Now plz dont tell me 2 calm down like it was suggested in my last thread as this will effect my game. I am calm and I have taken note of all ur advice about raising the bet so ppl dont call. but the simple fact is that whatever u raise it  they follow on the chance of hitting  (uaually a pair of aces).
    sometimes it works 4 them sometimes not, more often then not.

played about 6 games the other day and on ALL the games was beaten/taken out  by chancer,muppet/idiot player

WHEN DID POKER CHANGE FROM A GAME OF SKILL TO A GAME OF BINGO?
  • edited September 2009
    THE CURSE OF BEING BLONDE.....BAD TYPING

GLADLY,GLADLY,GLADLY,GLADLY,GLADLY

SORRY
  • edited September 2009
    ACTUALLY COULD  BLAME MY KEYBOARD, I SPILT SCRAMBLED EGG OVER IT AND HAS NEVER BEEN THE SAME :)
  • edited September 2009
    Could you post some hand examples from the history so you could get some feedback?

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: GIVE ME A GUN NOW AND ID GLADY USE!!:
    Could you post some hand examples from the history so you could get some feedback?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hey Nosey

I dont kno how 2 do.....sorry
  • edited September 2009
    i need that gun after that deep stack just played...had KK 3 times that lost to Q3 Q4 and 10 2  and they hit there card on river everytime.......thats poker
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: GIVE ME A GUN NOW AND ID GLADY USE!!:
    i need that gun after that deep stack just played...had KK 3 times that lost to Q3 Q4 and 10 2  and they hit there card on river everytime.......thats poker
    Posted by bullyfish
    OOOOO deepies are normally ok but unfortunately more and more muppets seem 2 b joining....d anm id never call with those cards..... BINGO PLAYERS

tell u what BF I will help u shoot them x
  • edited September 2009
    But if you do the correct things over and over you will make monies in the end.

You are using a very small game sample which means nothing.

I know good cash players both at holdem and omaha that regularly have break even or even slightly losing streaks over a 10'000 hand stretch.

Your experiment with play chips is not really valid as its well................play chips.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: GIVE ME A GUN NOW AND ID GLADLY USE!!:
    But if you do the correct things over and over you will make monies in the end. You are using a very small game sample which means nothing. I know good cash players both at holdem and omaha that regularly have break even or even slightly losing streaks over a 10'000 hand stretch. Your experiment with play chips is not really valid as its well................play chips.
    Posted by RickyVilla
    yes it is as proves if u play like a muppet u get rewarded.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: GIVE ME A GUN NOW AND ID GLADLY USE!! : yes it is as proves if u play like a muppet u get rewarded.
    Posted by xFALLENx

Why not give cash games a go.  I rarely play tourneys. You can make 99 right decisions and 1 wrong one, or one badbeat and you are out and get nothing for it.  At least in cash you have already been rewarded for those other 99
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: GIVE ME A GUN NOW AND ID GLADLY USE!! : Why not give cash games a go.  I rarely play tourneys. You can make 99 right decisions and 1 wrong one, or one badbeat and you are out and get nothing for it.  At least in cash you have already been rewarded for those other 99
    Posted by OMahonyO
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

sorry Omahony I think cash games are even worse u just get ppl betting with nothing hoping for a hit, i played cash
    when I first joined here and that was just 4 the poker points.

Am now trying the s&g tables and my new theory is - if u cant beat em, join em

and u kno its working!!!!
  • edited September 2009
    Nobody plays play money tables like real money tables!
  • edited September 2009
    i played you a few times fallen and usually i dont like to tell people if i made any notes on them but since im now your buddy i will make an exception. i found that you play way too tight when its down 2 three players or heads up. too many times i put the call in and when the flop came you checked i raised you folded. or i minimum raise you folded. You should try using position more than waiting for a good hand however you still need the luck lol. I really believe that controlled aggression may be your answer, then again you might lose even more lol because im no expert lol, gl at the tables and remember its only a bit of fun
  • edited September 2009
    i played you a few times fallen and usually i dont like to tell people if i made any notes on them but since im now your buddy i will make an exception. i found that you play way too tight when its down 2 three players or heads up. too many times i put the call in and when the flop came you checked i raised you folded. or i minimum raise you folded. You should try using position more than waiting for a good hand however you still need the luck lol. I really believe that controlled aggression may be your answer, then again you might lose even more lol because im no expert lol, gl at the tables and remember its only a bit of fun
    Posted by loonytoons
    Am now gonna add ur pic 2 my dartboard.......LMAO

TY 4 ur honesty looney

Ur Buddy Lisa xx
  • edited September 2009
    Posted by loonytoons
    Im not aggressive...... bottom lip is comming out now :(
  • edited September 2009
    hi fallen , today i have played 4 deepstacks . my aces got busted by a flopped straight , my queens got busted by a flopped straight, my kings by a flop of qj , twice i flopped a straight ... only to be beaten by a bigger straight and a full house ,........ those are just the ones i can remember ..... my bottom lip is out too ... please aim straight this time ,i give up.
  • edited September 2009

Hi Fallen, I cant give you any cash advice as I don't play it, however I do play a lot on the stt's.

As far as I'm aware, the ratio percentage of winning/losing players on stt's overall is about 30/70 respectively.

If you don't use it already, go to sharkscope.com, go to search database, type in your name and this will help you keep a track of how you are doing on the stt's and mtt's.

And as only 30% of stt players make a profit in the long term, if you are only a slightly above average player, you will still make a loss overall.

So keep striving in finding ways to improve your game, the best players always do and best of luck in your future play.

• edited September 2009
    hi fallen , today i have played 4 deepstacks . my aces got busted by a flopped straight , my queens got busted by a flopped straight, my kings by a flop of qj , twice i flopped a straight ... only to be beaten by a bigger straight and a full house ,........ those are just the ones i can remember ..... my bottom lip is out too ... please aim straight this time ,i give up.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    offcourse i didnt give up ....... played a speed tourney to wind down , lol ...... 124 runners , finished 3rd , not a big win but hey
  • edited September 2009
    well played to irishrover in the deepstack who i just played heads up.....talk about a MTT that i was NEVER EVER gonna win.....had a massive chip lead 5 times and went in ahead to be outdrawn everytime.....of course the one time i did i got beat......the sets that were flopped in this game was unbelievable....it seemed every pocket pair hit a set including myself.....i hit 8 outa 10 pocket pairs ..... and this is the point im making....pockets just dont hit that often.....even when im winning im still dubious to why this stat always seems so high.....cheers and no TK this aint really a moan and nothing against you...i know u r honest as day is long m8.....there was a fair bit of chat by many players about sky software so please dont all get on the bandwagon slagg ing me off thank you
  • edited September 2009
    well played to irishrover in the deepstack who i just played heads up.....talk about a MTT that i was NEVER EVER gonna win.....had a massive chip lead 5 times and went in ahead to be outdrawn everytime.....of course the one time i did i got beat......the sets that were flopped in this game was unbelievable....it seemed every pocket pair hit a set including myself.....i hit 8 outa 10 pocket pairs ..... and this is the point im making....pockets just dont hit that often.....even when im winning im still dubious to why this stat always seems so high.....cheers and no TK this aint really a moan and nothing against you...i know u r honest as day is long m8.....there was a fair bit of chat by many players about sky software so please dont all get on the bandwagon slagg ing me off thank you
    Posted by bullyfish

Again too small a sample 8 out of 10 pocket pairs hitting sets is not unheard of. I hit 15 out of 18 once but over 1 million hands the stats have evened themselves out into what they should be.
  • edited September 2009
    well ty bullyfish and soz about the heads up but u know m8 goes around , now xfallenx m8  i had a look at your play , note this advice from 7k profit player me and i only bet on 5 pound deepstacks . do 3 new moves on the table .
    1. forget advice the pros are given of 1/2 pot bet when u are ahead bet the pot on flop when ahead , / 1/2 pot bet on turn .
    2. u must bluff more when in position i.e when checked in 2 .
    3. early stages of mtt show your pot bet winning hand if players folds 2  u , this u can use 2 your advantage when blinds get bigger later on by pot betting in positon when u miss flop .
  • edited September 2009
    ty irish   great advice for fallen   great profit too  well done  all the best
  • edited September 2009
    Can somebody beat this for an 'unbelievable' play. DYM 4 players left. I'm on 3700, chip leader 4200, two short stacks on or less than 1000. I get KK UTG and raise 3xBB. Other large stack min raises so I go all in (presuming he thought I was just stealing blinds). He calls with 65 unsuited!? Obviously flop comes 965 and runs out blank. How can anyone who didn't know what was coming do that?? We were both comfortable and would have doubled our money as the blinds meant both short stacks had to gamble. After leading all the way he put his own money on the line with that hand? Somebody care to explain?? This isn't a bad beat whine as it's the call I'm concerned about not the beat.
  • edited September 2009

Wow, Dolittle, that's unbelievable.

I started a thread in general poker chat about what's the worst play you've ever seen after a dym I was in, a player called 1500 chips with qh 6h after button and I had both gone all in for his chips pre flop before him with blinds only 75/150.

But your one is worse!

What stake were you playing at?

Mine was at £22, but ultimately, its completely mindless play no matter what stake it is.
  • edited September 2009

Just to confirm in my example above, the guy with qh 6h was calling for all his chips
  • edited September 2009
    Can somebody beat this for an 'unbelievable' play. DYM 4 players left. I'm on 3700, chip leader 4200, two short stacks on or less than 1000. I get KK UTG and raise 3xBB. Other large stack min raises so I go all in (presuming he thought I was just stealing blinds). He calls with 65 unsuited!? Obviously flop comes 965 and runs out blank. How can anyone who didn't know what was coming do that?? We were both comfortable and would have doubled our money as the blinds meant both short stacks had to gamble. After leading all the way he put his own money on the line with that hand? Somebody care to explain?? This isn't a bad beat whine as it's the call I'm concerned about not the beat.
    Posted by DrDolittle
    U can borrow my gun if u want, think the person deserves!!!!
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: GIVE ME A GUN NOW AND ID GLADLY USE!! : U can borrow my gun if u want, think the person deserves!!!!
    Posted by xFALLENx
    youre looking good today .
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: GIVE ME A GUN NOW AND ID GLADLY USE!! : youre looking good today .
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    AHHHHH ty huni, glad u like new pic, good 2 c u 2 was starting 2 miss :)
  • edited September 2009
    What sort of gun do you have?