You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When to employ the big bluff

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi

I firmly believe that inorder to be profitable/breakeven in cash all you have to do is play abc poker and make the appriopriate value bets.

However, this can be frustrating especially when you are getting no cards and keep missing flops. I occationally do a small ball bluff, here and there, but that does not really pick up much chips. So, sometime I wonder if it might be better to encorporate some big MULITPLE  STREET bluffs into my game, which would get me a lot more chips.

I hear some people say that one should NEVER bluff especially at low levels, but what are people thoughts on using a big mulitple street bluff in cash. Do you guys think it is necessary? And what type of player do you think it is best to do it against (as some player are just elephants and will not fold, so obivious you can't bluff them)

thanks

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Bluffing is about table image, if you have a tight image the odd small bluff is good as chances are you will get it through but if they call you down so be it as they will call your value bets next time. If your a loose player at smaller stakes chances are you will get called so dont! IMO!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Bluffing has never been a big part of my game.  I'll selectively use it if all the road signs on the map are saying "This guy will fold".  If I do use it and get called I dont mind too much either, as long as the table isnt breaking up any time soon, as it will make a big river value bet less credible later on.