You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this very spewy?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok this hand i was aware i was playing OOP for most of it so re-raised pre to gain the upper hand, something i read earlier in a magazine. Flop is pretty dry so i check call to bet at a later street also likely my opponent has missed. turn is a good card for me to represent so play it ultra aggro and on river only action is to shove really

as the title says spewy? or just creative
YOUNG_GUN Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £8.81
reds1986 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £5.90
  Your hole cards
  • K

nat1 Fold     
xCall  £0.10 £0.25 £11.95
AcesNoGood Fold     
ALANJ450 Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £0.35 £0.60 £8.46
reds1986 Fold     
xCall  £0.30 £0.90 £11.65
Flop

• Q

YOUNG_GUN Check     
Bet  £0.45 £1.35 £11.20
YOUNG_GUN Call  £0.45 £1.80 £8.01
Turn

• A

YOUNG_GUN Check     
xBet  £0.90 £2.70 £10.30
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £2.00 £4.70 £6.01
xRaise  £2.20 £6.90 £8.10
YOUNG_GUN Call  £1.10 £8.00 £4.91
River

YOUNG_GUN All-in  £4.91 £12.91 £0.00
Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Muck     
YOUNG_GUN Win  £7.40  £7.40
YOUNG_GUN Return  £4.91 £0.60 £12.31

Comments

• edited March 2011
    dont like how you played turn or river.

why are we raising 1.10 turn.  what is that meant to mean.  what are we getting to fold.  if you are gonna raise here make it like 3.50 total.

river i dont like cos you are only getting called by hands that beat you.  does he really turn up with, and call with, Xx9s for example.
  • edited March 2011
    agree totally... I can understand the pre and flop play, but it's not a move you want to make often- much better to just complete the sb and then evaluate when you actually have a part of it, let him have it without a battle. Just not worth getting involved.

The turn raise is kinda nice I think, because it looks like you're trying to get value from hitting your hand, and if you get a flat call it does set up a river bluff nicely. The fact he reraises you though is a seriously bad thing, you probably need to get out of there now. You had a try, didn't work, let it go.

Definitely not a fan of the river play at all, you have showdown value and that's it. Check and call if he bets to catch out bluffs, but leading out is just never a good play unless you think you can get the J high flush to fold- I doubt you will. Hope for a check behind would be what I'd be doing.
  • edited March 2011
    wtf is this.

I hate every single thing you did in this hand.

abc.
  • edited March 2011
    yes it is, why dont you bet the flop? what are you doing on the turn? as played i would shove the river also only because i want them to fold so i can muck my hand so they dont see what a tard i was lol

or just bet £1 on the river so they call with their Ace and get super tilted by my terrible play lol
  • edited March 2011
    I'd bet 70-80p on flop then shut down once called.
  • edited March 2011
    haha i love the responses ty ;)
  • edited March 2011
    preflop is fine, you are isolating a limper with 2 big cards that flop well, you arent reraising 'to gain the upper hand'!!!!

postflop is where it gets pretty mehhhh.

cbet this flop lots, when he calls bet this turn card when he calls again shut down unimproved
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this very spewy?:
    yes it is, why dont you bet the flop? what are you doing on the turn? as played i would shove the river also only because i want them to fold so i can muck my hand so they dont see what a tard i was lol or just bet £1 on the river so they call with their Ace and get super tilted by my terrible play lol
    Posted by N1CK
    lolol great post. wp