You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too.

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

Both!

Watch the celery Lovers munch on, & have some PTP Fun at the same time, what's not to like?

My schedule tonight includes......

7pm - tikay Sleepstack, £11, 10 seater, 5k chips, 10 seater. I believe I won this last week.

8pm - £4k Guaranteed DoubleStack Main Event, £22, 4k chips, 6 seater. I believe I won this last week.

8.30pm - Take-on-tikay, £5.50, 2,500 chips, 6 seater. I believe I won this last week.

9pm - TSP Classic, £11, 6 seater, 2,000 chips. I believe I won this last week.

Stop me if you can.

See you later.

FREE VLV Q-F Seat, worth £13? How?

More.....

Comments

• edited March 2011

Just Post on this Thread your BEST "Good-Beat" (where you bad-beat someone else), & the best-worded Good-Beat Post gets a free Viva Las Vegas Quarter-Final Seat for a night of their choice.

All aboard the Good-Beat bandwagon, woo-woo.

The Good-Beat MUST be in one of the 4 Tourneys I am playing tonight.

• edited March 2011
    So the competition is...to give Tikay a good beating?

Form a queue please ladies and gents...

;)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too.:
    So the competition is...to give Tikay a good beating? Form a queue please ladies and gents... ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I really don't like the sound of that...
  • edited March 2011
    Good to see a regular PTP on this day :) Shame about the prize, im actually glad im not taking part in this one ;)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too.:
    Both! Watch the celery Lovers munch on, & have some PTP Fun at the same time, what's not to like? My schedule tonight includes...... 7pm - tikay Sleepstack, £11, 10 seater, 5k chips, 10 seater. I believe I won this last week.8pm - £4k Guaranteed DoubleStack Main Event, £22, 4k chips, 6 seater. I believe I won this last week. 8.30pm - Take-on-tikay, £5.50, 2,500 chips, 6 seater. I believe I won this last week. 9pm - TSP Classic, £11, 6 seater, 2,000 chips. I believe I won this last week. Stop me if you can. See you later. FREE VLV Q-F Seat, worth £13? How? More.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    You been on the hallucinogenic's Young Sir?

I finished 4th in the sleepy last week (No Cash) but a hard earned 12 poker points for my effort - lets hope there are more runners this week so I can make the money.

See you at the tables - GL
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    Not from tonight but the guy who lost this went on about it for a good 20 minutes!

Saying I must of been cheating somehow.......................
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    SHANKS474 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £18.77
    pokerchic1 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £12.02
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

donkeyplop Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £20.51
    gell07 Fold        
    xxx
    Call   £0.60 £1.50 £15.23
    dogcharlie Fold        
    SHANKS474 Fold        
    pokerchic1 Call   £0.40 £1.90 £11.62
    Flop

• J
    • A

pokerchic1 Check        
    donkeyplop Bet   £1.43 £3.33 £19.08
    xxx
    Raise   £5.00 £8.33 £10.23
    pokerchic1 Fold        
    donkeyplop Raise   £12.50 £20.83 £6.58
    xxx
    All-in   £10.23 £31.06 £0.00
    donkeyplop Call   £1.30 £32.36 £5.28
    donkeyplop Show
    • A
    • Q

xxx
    Show
    • J
    • A

Turn

River

donkeyplop Win Flush to the Ace £30.74   £36.02
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too.:
    Good to see a regular PTP on this day :) Shame about the prize, im actually glad im not taking part in this one ;)
    Posted by Wacko90
    Not only 1 PTP either :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too.:
    Both! Watch the celery Lovers munch on, & have some PTP Fun at the same time, what's not to like? My schedule tonight includes...... 7pm - tikay Sleepstack, £11, 10 seater, 5k chips, 10 seater. I believe I won this last week. 8pm - £4k Guaranteed DoubleStack Main Event, £22, 4k chips, 6 seater. I believe I won this last week. 8.30pm - Take-on-tikay, £5.50, 2,500 chips, 6 seater. I believe I won this last week. 9pm - TSP Classic, £11, 6 seater, 2,000 chips. I believe I won this last week. Stop me if you can. See you later. FREE VLV Q-F Seat, worth £13? How? More.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    tikay i may be wrong but i think i won the double stack last week

must be age playing tricks on you

gl tonite to all playing
  • edited March 2011
    thanks tikay

my "good beat" entry is from the 7pm deepstack.

I punished the limpers preflop with junk. Hit an almost perfect flop and decided to bink the lot in. My opponant had flopped the str8 tho so i needed help... Im such a lucky fish innit:)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceSHY-BOY Small blind  150.00 150.00 3607.50 GREGHOGG Big blind  300.00 450.00 7650.00   Your hole cards 6 4       allout Fold     martin111 Fold     lee100 Call  300.00 750.00 8855.00 LEON1 Fold     POKERTREV Fold     trickyred Call  300.00 1050.00 8710.00 bladeboy07 Fold     troggman Fold     SHY-BOY Fold     GREGHOGG Raise  1200.00 2250.00 6450.00 lee100 Fold     trickyred Call  1200.00 3450.00 7510.00 Flop    4 3 5       GREGHOGG Bet  3450.00 6900.00 3000.00 trickyred Raise  6900.00 13800.00 610.00 GREGHOGG All-in  3000.00 16800.00 0.00 trickyred Unmatched bet  450.00 16350.00 1060.00 GREGHOGG Show 6 4    trickyred Show 2 A    Turn    2       River    8       GREGHOGG Win Straight to the 6 16350.00  16350.00
  • edited March 2011
    My 'good beat' story took place in the £5.50 TOT. The man on the end of such a crushing beat was forum regular Maxally.

The hand was subject to some history, as Maxally had decided to 3bet every single one of my raises during the first two levels. As we know that's a lot of raises!

So I opened once more utg with A-T. It folds round to Maxally on the button who re-raises up to 220. Here we go again...well no, as I'd had enough of this poker bullying. I 4-bet to 560 and Maxally just flatted...

I needed help, and the flop was beautiful, A-T-X. I checked to Maxally, 1.7k left in his stack. "please have AK, please have AK" I thought. He stuck half of his stack in and feeling quite embarrassed, I asked him to commit the rest of his chips.

He of course had Ace-King, but took it graciously, wishing the entire table luck apart from me :)

• edited March 2011
    My 'good beat' story took place in the £5.50 TOT. The man on the end of such a crushing beat was forum regular Maxally. The hand was subject to some history, as Maxally had decided to 3bet every single one of my raises during the first two levels. As we know that's a lot of raises! So I opened once more utg with A-T. It folds round to Maxally on the button who re-raises up to 220. Here we go again...well no, as I'd had enough of this poker bullying. I 4-bet to 560 and Maxally just flatted... I needed help, and the flop was beautiful, A-T-X. I checked to Maxally, 1.7k left in his stack. "please have AK, please have AK" I thought. He stuck half of his stack in and feeling quite embarrassed, I asked him to commit the rest of his chips. He of course had Ace-King, but took it graciously, wishing the entire table luck apart from me :)
    Posted by pryce6
    * SIGH *

You talk a good game at least! MBN to rely on luck to get results :))
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too. : * SIGH * You talk a good game at least! MBN to rely on luck to get results :))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    If only I had either :(
  • edited March 2011
    It was the open, a nice double-stack and barely a whisper in the chat-box. blinds were low, tension was high and Tikay had been moved to another table. 
    The dealer button slid to my position, and I awaited my cards with excitement and dread in equal measure. The hand, the awesome 10 5 off-suit. Now Greghogg once told me that a staright has to have 10 or 5 in it, but then he told me Spurs were a good team, and it might be a good bet to buy 10% of him in Luton. 
    Armed with those thoughts, I raised from the button when all around had folded like washer-women on a Monday afternoon. The green line slid, slowly away, like water slipping down a drain, as the small blind collected his thoughts. His cards flew from him like vomit from a cricketer in the world cup, only the big blind remained. As the sands of time crept, my heart rose, a simple steal, for sure.
    But, nay, nay and thrice nay, 'twas not to be, the big blind flat called, that tease of an man's ego.
    The flop fell like a piano from a rooftop. 10 10 5, crash bang wallop, twang - the G-sting broke, but who cares what I was wearing. Our hero from the big blind shoves in confience, I snap call like a lizard's tongue flicking at his prey. A A revealed, and woe is he for all is lost. The turn and river deliver more blanks than a Spaghetti Western, and I move on, like Clint Eastwood stalking off into the dimly lit horizon. The Good beat from ugly.
  • edited March 2011

my fish got me 2nd in the tikay sleepstack

vwp the guy that won... Dean summit, welcome to sky and gl. you bossed the ft and thoroughly deserved the win

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too. : If only I had either :(
    Posted by pryce6

Just to make your night, just went out the TSP classic in 24th place....

Yep, I raised again with AK.....and was looked up by 33. I didn't hit. gg me.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too. : Just to make your night, just went out the TSP classic in 24th place.... Yep, I raised again with AK.....and was looked up by 33. I didn't hit. gg me.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    AK no good :( I finished 7th in the TOT btw, lost KK vs AJ karmas a...
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too. : AK no good :( I finished 7th in the TOT btw, lost KK vs AJ karmas a...
    Posted by pryce6
    My heart bleeds for ya! :)
  • edited March 2011
    It was the open, a nice double-stack and barely a whisper in the chat-box. blinds were low, tension was high and Tikay had been moved to another table.  The dealer button slid to my position, and I awaited my cards with excitement and dread in equal measure. The hand, the awesome 10 5 off-suit. Now Greghogg once told me that a staright has to have 10 or 5 in it, but then he told me Spurs were a good team, and it might be a good bet to buy 10% of him in Luton.  Armed with those thoughts, I raised from the button when all around had folded like washer-women on a Monday afternoon. The green line slid, slowly away, like water slipping down a drain, as the small blind collected his thoughts. His cards flew from him like vomit from a cricketer in the world cup, only the big blind remained. As the sands of time crept, my heart rose, a simple steal, for sure. But, nay, nay and thrice nay, 'twas not to be, the big blind flat called, that tease of an man's ego. The flop fell like a piano from a rooftop. 10 10 5, crash bang wallop, twang - the G-sting broke, but who cares what I was wearing. Our hero from the big blind shoves in confience, I snap call like a lizard's tongue flicking at his prey. A A revealed, and woe is he for all is lost. The turn and river deliver more blanks than a Spaghetti Western, and I move on, like Clint Eastwood stalking off into the dimly lit horizon. The Good beat from ugly.
    Posted by Eyeman[
    /QUOTE]

Winner winner!

Clearly, your eyes were good enough to read the criteria - Good-Beat, well written.

You get a VLV Q-F Seat on a night of your choice. Let me know when you want to play it.

Well done, Mr P.
  • edited March 2011
    my fish got me 2nd in the tikay sleepstack vwp the guy that won... Dean summit, welcome to sky and gl. you bossed the ft and thoroughly deserved the win
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Your "fish", to quote you, was Dean Morris, aka "SiciliDonk", aka "The Sicilian", aka "Rsingh3ll".

He looked like Final Tabling at SPT Luton until a big accident late on. I think he may have cashed. Quite a well-known chap at Luton, particularly for his plump-ness, spangly Hannah Montana shirts, & dreadful clothes sense.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too. : tikay i may be wrong but i think i won the double stack last week must be age playing tricks on you gl tonite to all playing
    Posted by sara36dd08[
    /QUOTE]

You are absolutely right, Mark. I was exaggarating/embellishing slightly.......
  • edited March 2011

Wasnt in your list of pvp but after 4hrs of a deepie (last 4) to inflict this I did feel guilty (well....)

MRCHIPS370 Small blind  2000.00 2000.00 49680.00
    honeybunch Big blind  4000.00 6000.00 42674.75
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

nigelking All-in  102540.00 108540.00 0.00
    Ploppy33 All-in  134105.25 242645.25 0.00
    MRCHIPS370 Fold     
    honeybunch Fold     
    Ploppy33 Unmatched bet  31565.25 211080.00 31565.25
    nigelking Show
    • A
    • K

Ploppy33 Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

Ploppy33 Win Flush to the Ace 211080.00  242645.25
  • edited March 2011
    have to say eyeman, fantastic good beat. I was 6 tabling when I wrote mine :(
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too. : Your "fish", to quote you, was Dean Morris, aka "SiciliDonk", aka "The Sicilian", aka "Rsingh3ll". He looked like Final Tabling at SPT Luton until a big accident late on. I think he may have cashed. Quite a well-known chap at Luton, particularly for his plump-ness, spangly Hannah Montana shirts, & dreadful clothes sense.
    Posted by Tikay10

this guy was a pain :-(. good fun tho!!
  • edited March 2011

thought i'd show you this from cash tables today

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    kayemel Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £11.21
    steveeds15 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £11.98
    dm1987 Big blind   £0.08 £0.20 £7.92
      Your hole cards

DTWBANDIT Call   £0.08 £0.28 £5.58
    dm1987 Check        
    thedaddy72 Fold        
    kayemel Call   £0.04 £0.32 £11.17
    steveeds15 Raise   £0.24 £0.56 £11.74
    DTWBANDIT Call   £0.24 £0.80 £5.34
    dm1987 Call   £0.24 £1.04 £7.68
    kayemel Fold        
    Flop

steveeds15 Bet   £1.04 £2.08 £10.70
    DTWBANDIT Call   £1.04 £3.12 £4.30
    dm1987 Fold        
    Turn

• J

steveeds15 All-in   £10.70 £13.82 £0.00
    DTWBANDIT All-in   £4.30 £18.12 £0.00
    steveeds15 Unmatched bet   £6.40 £11.72 £6.40
    steveeds15 Show
    • K
    • K

DTWBANDIT Show

River

DTWBANDIT Win Straight to the Jack £10.84   £10.84
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Champions League, or PTP? Free VLV Quarter-Final Seat on offer, too. : Your "fish", to quote you, was Dean Morris, aka "SiciliDonk", aka "The Sicilian", aka "Rsingh3ll". He looked like Final Tabling at SPT Luton until a big accident late on. I think he may have cashed. Quite a well-known chap at Luton, particularly for his plump-ness, spangly Hannah Montana shirts, & dreadful clothes sense.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just to clarify i did not call Dean a fish... I was referring to myself fishing my way to 2nd place, reference the earlier hand i posted where i "good beat" someone with 6 high:)

Dean is a menace, i dont want him on any of my tables he is far too good! And ive only played him once!

eyeman is a worthy winner of the prize gl in the vegas quarter!