You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stake limits/24 hr cool off

I know Sky Poker lets you cool off for like 24hrs, or 2 weeks or whatever, even for life.

How about being able to limit your stakes, for example, you select that you dont want to be able to play anything over 50nl unless you give 24hrs notice, or however long you decide on.

I dont think this would affect Skys bottom line anywhere near as much as the sky bet/vegas/poker cool off or self exclude.  If anything it might work out better for Sky.

If a 10nl reg went on a bad run or got drunk and moved up to 50nl and did their roll, theres every chance they will either self exclude for longer than they realised they wanted to, or start a `thats it` thread, maybe give up the game altogether.

This way, they cant go stupid, and when they recompose themselves the next day, theyre back on the tables paying rake.

Oh, I just found a poll tab

If you vote no, I would like to hear your reasons plz.....

Comments

• edited March 2011
     i normally play nl20, have been gringing away on 3/4 tables and then decided to close them up and play 1 nl 100 table. i was sober and it was my decsion  to do so because i thought i was playing well at the time. saying that i have got drunk on the odd occasion and pressed the hu nl100 button and regretted it in the morning. so although i voted no i do see the benefits of what you are trying to implement. (breathalazir by the keyboard would work much better)
  • edited March 2011
    They do have a max deposit limit which can stop you losing more money by depositing, but i seriously think people should remember that all money on your account is not yours till its taken out!
  • edited March 2011

It's a choice, so just because u wouldn't use it, is no reason to vote against it. It wont effect u.

The only people who should oppose this are the good players who make a living from drunken plonkers like me and bandini who can't resist moving up at 4am on a Saturday morning.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Stake limits/24 hr cool off:
    It's a choice, so just because u wouldn't use it, is no reason to vote against it. It wont effect u. The only people who should oppose this are the good players who make a living from drunken plonkers like me and bandini who can't resist moving up at 4am on a Saturday morning.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I agree, now go and write the computer programme to set all this in motion you techno buff lol! - it should only take a couple of mins lol!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Stars does this.
  • edited March 2011
    12-hour self-exclusion is what is needed. You can set it before you go out on the ale.

And don't you just despise those people who take money off drunks at 3 in the morning? They wouldn't get away with it in the real world, why should they get away with it online? They should be hounded out!

Sky should introduce a 6 pint minimum to play after midnight (and a 12-hour opt-out).