You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this fold too nitty?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #352573566

The villain had been very quiet until this hand.

They had hardly shown any agression before this either.

I guess it was shove or fold after there turn bet?

I folded, would love to know what they had...................
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxx
Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £19.87
manandboy Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £22.59
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

spdbrkr Fold        
donkeyplop Raise   £0.80 £1.10 £28.12
Headup2 Fold        
xxx
Call   £0.70 £1.80 £19.17
manandboy Fold        
Flop

xxx
Bet   £1.80 £3.60 £17.37
donkeyplop Call   £1.80 £5.40 £26.32
Turn

xxx
Bet   £5.40 £10.80 £11.97
donkeyplop Fold        

Comments

• edited March 2011
    way too nitty.

think what he flats with out of the blinds and then donk pots a 7 hi flop.

I'm going for 55/66/88/99/TT/JJ/A7 and scared of overcards - way more than when he shows up with AA/KK/77

I think he calls a shove, and I don't want a scare card to come on the river (scare for him more than anything) so I'd stick him in :)
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah i'm thinking I should of just jammed now :(

• edited March 2011
    There donk bets did confuse me though, as they had been sat for a good 45 minutes and had been real passive up to this point...............
  • edited March 2011
    I'd be jamming

Pretty nitty imo get it in on flop dryest flop ever
  • edited March 2011
    it looks like he thinks he has the best hand and hes trying to protect it lol  do you have any reads on what kind of hands he calling opens to and how he plays  etc?  i think i would just call the turn and see how he reacts to a scary card, i think shoving could be better and folding is the worse option
  • edited March 2011
    like your flop play

turn I just jam.  tonnes worse can call us.  there are a couple of 4s in his range but I wouldn't expect him to be donking them.  I fully expect to see 8s thru to Js here.
  • edited March 2011

Is this fold too nitty?

Hell yeah it is!

He's probably put you on AK/AQ when you flat his flop bet (which I like btw).

You've set him up to overvalue his middle PP's and top pair hands as you don't look strong. As said above it looks like HE thinks he has the best hand, and he doesn't want you to draw out on him.

I'd defo jam turn here.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this fold too nitty?:
    it looks like he thinks he has the best hand and hes trying to protect it lol  do you have any reads on what kind of hands he calling opens to and how he plays  etc?  i think i would just call the turn and see how he reacts to a scary card, i think shoving could be better and folding is the worse option
    Posted by N1CK
    My reads were that he had been very passive and was limp calling alot.

This was the first time he took the betting lead which threw me a bit.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this fold too nitty? : My reads were that he had been very passive and was limp calling alot. This was the first time he took the betting lead which threw me a bit.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    yeah i get paranoid when loose passive players sudenly wake up and start betting into me, thats why i would take the call instead of shove line on the turn which im not sure is the best play because he is bad and can have to many hands that we beat, he definatly thinks his hand is good tho
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this fold too nitty? : yeah i get paranoid when loose passive players sudenly wake up and start betting into me, thats why i would take the call instead of shove line on the turn which im not sure is the best play because he is bad and can have to many hands that we beat, he definatly thinks his hand is good tho
    Posted by N1CK
    What is our action on the river if we flat the turn?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this fold too nitty? : What is our action on the river if we flat the turn?
    Posted by CLIOKID
    i just think there will be plenty of cards that would slow him down if his hand is not crushing us and i think he would check and call it off, and if a scary card hits and he pots it again then i can just level myself and fold lol, its just coz he is passive they just worry me lol

SO SHIP THE TURN!!!
  • edited March 2011
    If you flat the flop, you have to realise how much uve under repped ur hand