You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is there ever an argument for showing your hand?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
In live poker is it ever advantageous to show your hand when you don't get a call. I play a friendly game every week and most players will say what they had or show their cards if the other player fold. Even stone cold bluffs are often shown if the bluff is sucessful. I don't generally show my cards but then the rest of the players started getting suspicious of me so I occasionally tell them what I had or turn them over. I'm carful what image this gives off though. I try to turn over my bluffs as well as when I have the cards to keep them guessing.

I had the sickest run of cards you've ever seen the other night (KK three times, AA once, JJ once, 77 then made quads once etc,) all went to showdown. Is there an argument about credibility in this situation. Should I show a couple of stone cold bluffs just to keep everyone calling?

Is it also a question of etiquette and a case of don't tap on the aquarium as they say?

I'm new to poker and especially live poker so any advice would be appreciated

Comments