You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT'S BOUNTY HUNTER - HELP NEEDED! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Soon, it will be time for Sky Poker's £15,000 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter.  The tournament costs £33 to enter and begins at 8pm.  You can register HERE.

At the same time, live coverage commences on channel 865.  I'll be your host, with Tony 'Tikay' Kendall providing colourful analysis.  And we've managed to "Get Carter!"  Yes, poker journalist Barry Carter will be our studio guest:

Barry writes a popular BLOG and has co-authored 'The Mental Game of Poker':

Please post your questions for Barry, along with your Hand IDs from tonight's Bounty Hunter, in this forum thread.

Now, Barry and Tikay don't know it yet, but they'll be playing a new game between 8pm and midnight called...

'MASTERS OF THE TWITTERVERSE'

This quirky quiz (based on an original concept by Joe Stapleton) will see Sky Poker's resident blonde bombshell and our special guest attempting to identify famous poker players from their tweets.

This is where I need YOUR help, people!  Please send any amusing, profound or entertaining thoughts you've seen randomly tweeted by poker's great and good to skyopen@bskyb.com

Please bear in mind that Tikay is one of the contestants, so don't make them TOO difficult :)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    is ur voice back.lol
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT'S BOUNTY HUNTER - HELP NEEDED! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    is ur voice back.lol
    Posted by martin111
    Almost.  It'll be touch and go!

• edited March 2011
    Please can we have subtitles then just in case.

; )
  • edited March 2011
    Forgot to say...

The 11 players who won "shout outs" in the All-Rounders' League will have to wait until the weekend.

You'll each get your 15 seconds of fame on Saturday's live show!

• edited March 2011
    Just under two hours to go...

Questions please!

• edited March 2011

Ok I'll try a question.....

As Barry has written a book about the mentality of a poker player......

What advice would he give to a serious player, who is also a proven winning player, who is mentally struggling to move up the levels to play anywhere close to the level his bankroll dictates he should be at.

This player has beaten his current level for years, not just months, years, in fact he was  beating the same (low) level 3 years, and thousands of pounds ago. 

This player is of course a friend of mine, and not actually me. 

Previous advice has included spending a fortune on women......and when he comes back to the tables, 5 buy ins will feel like nothing......Thoughts?

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT'S BOUNTY HUNTER - HELP NEEDED! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Ok I'll try a question..... As Barry has written a book about the mentality of a poker player...... What advice would he give to a serious player, who is also a proven winning player, who is mentally struggling to move up the levels to play anywhere close to the level his bankroll dictates he should be at. This player has beaten his current level for years, not just months, years, in fact he was  beating the same (low) level 3 years, and thousands of pounds ago.  This player is of course a friend of mine, and not actually me.  Previous advice has included spending a fortune on women......and when I come back to the tables, 5 buy ins will feel like nothing......Thoughts?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH[

Is your friend a Yorkshireman ? They are known for being careful with their money. OW MUCH ???  :)
  • edited March 2011
    If he was from down south and had to pay £3 per pint, imagine how nitty he would be then !!!!

4nl 4 life 4tw !!!
  • edited March 2011
    Question for all.........

What do u do if u spend hours each week playing poker to supposedly get better, then take ur Mrs with little experience to her first big live event and she does better than u???  To top it off, she also looks much younger than u and gets 'older men' taking a big shine to her!!! ;)

Cheers for a great weekend in Luton, James and Tikay and can you let anyone know they are welcome to contact me if they want to play in my birthday MTT next Wednesday evening. 

Tikay the invite is open to u too as I know James is unable to play.
  • edited March 2011
    Bubbled in the semi after satelliting into that. ooops, didn't help when I had to go and answer the door and couldn't get rid of them for 10 mins.

Think I need to make a sign saying "I'm playing poker, go away" (that's the polite version obviously).

• edited March 2011
    Forgot to say... The 11 players who won "shout outs" in the All-Rounders' League will have to wait until the weekend. You'll each get your 15 seconds of fame on Saturday's live show!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Obviously so many of us finished above you in the league James, that there wasn't enough time tonight to fit them in ;-)
  • edited March 2011
    Any chance of seeing hand #352770559 please? Otherwise it will keep me awake tonight :)
  • edited March 2011

strange....

when the tv picture has both barry and tikay in frame at the same time it looks as though the contrast has been turned up fully for barry on the left half of the screen and the contrast turned down for tikay on the other side.

• edited March 2011
    After a quick google search i have found the name of barry carters dog, i think...

It begins with a "C" imo

Its amazing what can be found on the internet innit.

• edited March 2011
    Hi James and TK, and guest. Been bust out with my AQ v MIKE1975 s QQ pre. OH I hate bountys sometimes, but u only win these if your running well, which I am not this week. But had a good couple of weeks, so am playing in Qt final of vegas @ 9pm. This time last week I qualified for the semi, which I came 6th in, so I have the bug now to get to that final........ Main reason is that my girlfriend has said she wants a trip to Vegas, so after seeing how much it will cost by usall means, I feel its my destinity to qualify via Sky Poker lol.
    May I send all my luck to all in the Qt tonight, and of course the players who make the Final.
    Great show guys, will rail with you while trying for my trip of a lifetime.
    Nice that your voice is back Mr H.
    Nigel
    HAPPYNIGE
  • edited March 2011
    strange.... when the tv picture has both barry and tikay in frame at the same time it looks as though the contrast has been turned up fully for barry on the left half of the screen and the contrast turned down for tikay on the other side.
    Posted by aussie09
    So right, TK change your shirt PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • edited March 2011

Rockin' the new hair do Tikay, love it! ;-)

• edited March 2011
    Listening to u mention a brutal flop: had this one 10 mins ago & thought i would post: hand id 352779918
    ronnie2313 Small blind  50.00 50.00 4150.00
    FERRETT Big blind  100.00 150.00 6165.00
      Your hole cards

TVSpice Fold     
    notaclue2 Raise  200.00 350.00 9385.00
    Ploppy33 Call  200.00 550.00 9770.00
    ronnie2313 Call  150.00 700.00 4000.00
    FERRETT Call  100.00 800.00 6065.00
    Flop

ronnie2313 Check     
    FERRETT Check     
    notaclue2 Bet  100.00 900.00 9285.00
    Ploppy33 Call  100.00 1000.00 9670.00
    ronnie2313 Call  100.00 1100.00 3900.00
    FERRETT Raise  500.00 1600.00 5565.00
    notaclue2 Fold     
    Ploppy33 Call  400.00 2000.00 9270.00
    ronnie2313 Fold     
    Turn

• K

FERRETT Bet  1000.00 3000.00 4565.00
    Ploppy33 Call  1000.00 4000.00 8270.00
    River

FERRETT All-in  4565.00 8565.00 0.00
    Ploppy33 Call  4565.00 13130.00 3705.00
    FERRETT Show

Ploppy33 Show

FERRETT Win Four 3s 13130.00  13130.00
  • edited March 2011

Thanx for the reply. Trainers and shorts ftw. ;)

Another question for Barry......

It woul be really easy for my friend to get staked to play online, albeit at a lower level than he is currently at, but it wouldn't take him long at all to work up to the level he is at now, and beyond.......

What are his thoughts on this? And would it help my mate progress in the long term? It's something that he is seriously considering...................

Thoughts again?
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    lol ' my friend' special friend eh JJ Son ; )
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    please show curiosity is getting the better of me 352799995 thanks
  • edited March 2011
    Pedagog(y)

Hi James/Tikay and my namesake Barry Carter.

Did my dissertation on the impact of learning styles within pedagogy, which is in fact the principles/methods of instruction/teaching; so, guess pedagog Ben is a teacher...?

Cracking show by the way.

Dan Carter  (dtm75) Leeds
  • edited March 2011

A pedagogue is a teacher. The peda part comes from the Greek rather than the Latin (where pes, pedis does mean foot)  and is a corruption of the word pais, paidos meaning child and can be seen in other English words such as paediatrician or peadophile

• edited March 2011

are you looking at vlv hands?

if so ... first hand out!   ...

Hand History #352799555

... with hindsight i would play it differently, of course, but what would you three say?

• edited March 2011
    h.n 352806465  no comment.gl all
  • edited March 2011
    A pedagogue is a teacher. The peda part comes from the Greek rather than the Latin (where pes, pedis does mean foot)  and is a corruption of the word pais, paidos meaning child and can be seen in other English words such as paediatrician or peadophile
    Posted by tempusfuge
    hi tempus... so are you telling me that in rome, as opposed to greece, a paedophile someone who likes feet?

• edited March 2011
    i`v been offered a steak, should i take it ????? it`s a rib-eye
  • edited March 2011
    @Doh - You should move up, theres as many morons who'll stack off with top pair at 50nl and even 100nl, don't be scared ;p