You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Random" Number Generator

edited March 2011 in Area 51
Guess the very next next card after all committing all chips in the lead. Shouldnt be too difficult on this site, really only two options
Hand History #353012752 (15:19 18/03/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebaggsSmall blind 100.00100.00725.00YORKIE67Big blind 200.00300.00975.00 Your hole cardsQK   baggsRaise 300.00600.00425.00YORKIE67Call 200.00800.00775.00Flop  64Q   YORKIE67All-in 775.001575.000.00baggsAll-in 425.002000.000.00YORKIE67Unmatched bet 350.001650.00350.00baggsShowQK   YORKIE67Show26   

Comments

• edited March 2011
    guess its the 6 or 2 then.  two sixes, three dueces.  5 0uts.  5 x 2.2 x 2 = 22%.  Unpleasant, but not miraculous.  100/200, you started the hand with 825?  why not just jam blind on blind?  For what he's got left and invested already, hes always going to call there with the hit on the flop,blind on blind.  Very unpleasant to be spiked though.
  • edited March 2011
    . Shouldnt be too difficult on this site, really only two options

Option 1) Dont play poker.

Option 2) Stop whingeing, bad beats happen.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Random" Number Generator:
    . Shouldnt be too difficult on this site, really only two options Option 1) Dont play poker. Option 2) Stop whingeing, bad beats happen.
    Posted by penguin7
    1.the guy can whinge if he wants.
    2.who are YOU to tell him to stop.
    3.HES GOT A POINT ABOUT THIS SITE,ABSOLUTE JOKE.

igimc Small blind  10.00 10.00 1810.00 DUTCHESS62 Big blind  20.00 30.00 135.00   Your hole cards A A       nicky1975 Fold     ross99 Fold     DAZZLE279 Raise  140.00 170.00 2060.00 philrafs Fold     igimc All-in  1810.00 1980.00 0.00 DUTCHESS62 All-in  135.00 2115.00 0.00 DAZZLE279 Call  1680.00 3795.00 380.00 igimc Show A A    DUTCHESS62 Show K J    DAZZLE279 Show 9 9    Flop    J A 8       Turn    Q       River    10       DUTCHESS62 Win Straight to the Ace 465.00  465.00 DAZZLE279 Win Straight to the Queen 3330.00  3710.00
  • edited March 2011
    No , point taken ! Thats what Area 51 is for , isnt it?

My point being that in the example shown, he is going to be outdrawn more than one in five times. As someone who plays a lot here and elsewhere, this happens to me many times every day. If I posted them all on here I would have no time to play. But its not the RNG, ITS JUST POKER

Your hand is pretty sick though ! Cant believe the KJ call. But unfortunately even with AA, once you have two or more callers you are rarely odds on to win the pot.

All you can do is keep getting your chips in ahead, and all of the times your hand holds up are forgotten.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Random" Number Generator : 1.the guy can whinge if he wants. 2.who are YOU to tell him to stop. 3.HES GOT A POINT ABOUT THIS SITE,ABSOLUTE JOKE. igimc Small blind   10.00 10.00 1810.00 DUTCHESS62 Big blind   20.00 30.00 135.00   Your hole cards A A       nicky1975 Fold         ross99 Fold         DAZZLE279 Raise   140.00 170.00 2060.00 philrafs Fold         igimc All-in   1810.00 1980.00 0.00 DUTCHESS62 All-in   135.00 2115.00 0.00 DAZZLE279 Call   1680.00 3795.00 380.00 igimc Show A A       DUTCHESS62 Show K J       DAZZLE279 Show 9 9       Flop     J A 8       Turn     Q       River     10       DUTCHESS62 Win Straight to the Ace 465.00   465.00 DAZZLE279 Win Straight to the Queen 3330.00   3710.00
    Posted by igimc
    pretty nasty stuff the KJ coming along is pretty understandable as he only has 135  chips back but the 9s coming along too makes no sense really other then he really fancied a gamble which is not really a fair answer unlucky.... its nasty when it comes runner runner to s crew you
  • edited March 2011
    No , point taken ! Thats what Area 51 is for , isnt it? My point being that in the example shown, he is going to be outdrawn more than one in five times. As someone who plays a lot here and elsewhere, this happens to me many times every day. If I posted them all on here I would have no time to play. But its not the RNG, ITS JUST POKER Your hand is pretty sick though ! Cant believe the KJ call. But unfortunately even with AA, once you have two or more callers you are rarely odds on to win the pot. All you can do is keep getting your chips in ahead, and all of the times your hand holds up are forgotten.
    Posted by penguin7

no matter how many players  call, you will always be favourite preflop....

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Random" Number Generator : 1.the guy can whinge if he wants. 2.who are YOU to tell him to stop. 3.HES GOT A POINT ABOUT THIS SITE,ABSOLUTE JOKE.igimc Small blind   10.00 10.00 1810.00 DUTCHESS62 Big blind   20.00 30.00 135.00   Your hole cards A A       nicky1975 Fold         ross99 Fold         DAZZLE279 Raise   140.00 170.00 2060.00 philrafs Fold         igimc All-in   1810.00 1980.00 0.00 DUTCHESS62 All-in   135.00 2115.00 0.00 DAZZLE279 Call   1680.00 3795.00 380.00 igimc Show A A       DUTCHESS62 Show K J       DAZZLE279 Show 9 9       Flop     J A 8       Turn     Q       River     10       DUTCHESS62 Win Straight to the Ace 465.00   465.00 DAZZLE279 Win Straight to the Queen 3330.00   3710.00
    Posted by igimc
    Such a joke that you keep playing here and moaning about it.

You must be a glutton for punishment!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Random" Number Generator : Such a joke that you keep playing here and moaning about it. You must be a glutton for punishment!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    That i am
  • edited March 2011
    Toby I was careful not to say you would not be favourite, Of course you must be. But as I said, you will by no means always be odds on to win the pot.
  • edited March 2011
    n Response to Re: "Random" Number Generator:
    No , point taken ! Thats what Area 51 is for , isnt it? My point being that in the example shown, he is going to be outdrawn more than one in five times. As someone who plays a lot here and elsewhere, this happens to me many times every day. If I posted them all on here I would have no time to play. But its not the RNG, ITS JUST POKER Your hand is pretty sick though ! Cant believe the KJ call. But unfortunately even with AA, once you have two or more callers you are rarely odds on to win the pot. All you can do is keep getting your chips in ahead, and all of the times your hand holds up are forgotten.
    Posted by penguin7

And you base this categorical statement on what statistical analysis?
  • edited March 2011
    Dont do stats much lol ! But experience from over 8000 Sky tournaments might count a little. Along with a few thousand more elsewhere online and live.  :)
  • edited March 2011
    4000+ here and I think its certainly debatable, but no one can really tell as the hand history is so unusable
  • edited March 2011
    4000+ here and I think its certainly debatable, but no one can really tell as the hand history is so unusable
    Posted by baggs

Totally agree about the hand history, but looking at sharkscope, I find it hard to believe you have doubts about the RNG. I would guess that you are pretty good at getting your chips in ahead. and having your hands hold up.

I am the one who should question it, with some serious downswings ! !

Having said that it has been well debated, I am open minded.But I believe that if there was a problem someone would have found a way to highlight it with some evidence.
  • edited March 2011
    IPerhapn Response to Re: "Random" Number Generator:
    In Response to Re: "Random" Number Generator : Totally agree about the hand history, but looking at sharkscope, I find it hard to believe you have doubts about the RNG. I would guess that you are pretty good at getting your chips in ahead. and having your hands hold up. I am the one who should question it, with some serious downswings ! ! Having said that it has been well debated, I am open minded.But I believe that if there was a problem someone would have found a way to highlight it with some evidence.
    Posted by penguin7
    Perhaps.....but also on the flip side couldnt some evidence be produced to support its "randomness" and kill this debate once and for all?. Additionally the closing of the thread debating the RNG stating it "had run its course", when people were still posting, certainly didnt help kill any suspicions

• edited March 2011
    I think the thread was closed because it was producing nothing new, and the debate had degenerated into personal arguments of the Yes it is...No its not you donk variety.

The only thing that I was convinced of was that it could be fixed, not even that Sky would benefit greatly if it was fixed.

And from my poker experience I have no reason to think that it is, the better players ride out the variance and the bad beats and play profitable poker.

Unless someone can prove otherwise. Even with the poor H/H it would be possible to analyse flops, rivers etc.

These discussions continue on all sites, and probably always will.
  • edited March 2011
    Toby I was careful not to say you would not be favourite, Of course you must be. But as I said, you will by no means always be odds on to win the pot.
    Posted by penguin7

so if you are favourite...you are not odds on?????????

• edited March 2011
    Sorry baggs,  Elsadog doesnt live here anymore since he won big dosh. He is currently having an operation to remove the yellow raincoat an hat, If the op is a success he has plans to move in with the fashionista in general chat( its in gods hands now).

If you need any assistance with understanding rngs the next best person would be ambyr, Unfortunately Ambyr is also having a hysterectomy at present, there was a sighting of ambyr after a tussle with a male nurse he jumped out of a second story floor and is currently on the loose.

Doctors said not to worry because the hysterical fits should be lesser because the operation was a success.

there may be others who can help you baggs but I wouldn't count on it as the remainder of us share the one brain and lease elsadogs on an hourly basis.

hope this helps

Kind regard

hugs an kisses

thinking of you always

Peter
  • edited March 2011
    I am always here.

I am always listening.

I am always watching.

Be scared, be very scared!

• edited March 2011
    I can't really say any more than I have already said. The RNG thread was pretty comprehensive and for the best part was conducted in a well mannered fashion. I can't really add anything to it other than it being closed was understandable, however much I may disagree with it's closure.

Nice post Nodeal ...... you're developing well as a forum contributor.
  • edited March 2011
    I can't really say any more than I have already said. The RNG thread was pretty comprehensive and for the best part was conducted in a well mannered fashion. I can't really add anything to it other than it being closed was understandable, however much I may disagree with it's closure. Nice post Nodeal ...... you're developing well as a forum contributor.
    Posted by elsadog
    Yeah its too dam well mannered now,  I blame dave, its a right royal festival of pleasantness now.

If dave turns his back to me and stands to close to the edge of the ship im going to do a running Bruce lee special flying kick an chuck him overboard.

Since we are operating under ucc law(maritime law)  All rights reserved.

by the way, I am a bit scared of you, With that raincoat you look like jack the ripper waiting to break out:)

mutiny
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Random" Number Generator : so if you are favourite...you are not odds on?????????
    Posted by djblacke04
    No Toby. If you are odds on you are favourite (unless its with Skybet who may offer 4/5 on both runners in a 2 horse race!) , but a favourite is not always odds on.

In an extreme example if you hold AA against 22,33,44,55 you are obviously still favourite but with eight outs against you, your chances are less than 50%, so with the likelyhood that you will be outdrawn you are odds against favourite.

With aces the odds are similarly bad against multiple players with a range of suited connectors.
  • edited March 2011
    Am also always here and reading :)

But to be honest nodeal you made me look hard at my perspective the other day.  The argument/debate will always be out there.  But what many people have said is totally right: if you really believe there is an inherant flaw in online poker then you just really ought to stop playing and stop moaning about it.  I'd rather just focus on my winning live game. I rest easier by thinking that my game just isnt compatibale with online play.  My strengths are patience and good reads, which are kind of a weakness online

Look at Moneymaker, he was down like 40k in the two years leading up to his ME win. 

So my honest last thoughts on the subject are that if you have got to the point where your outlook is bleak, suspicious and negative: just use some willpower and stop playing online.  Dont continue at something you dont feel you can beat, and certainly dont unload your baggage onto the community.  So all in all NODEAL, I guess you were right in what you said the other day.

Live winnings work out to be 5 figures a year over the last 4 years.  Online I'm down around £7200 real money, but in terms of losing winnings its.... alot higher, as I had a 5 figure BR at FT until I ... well flamed it i guess. 
    So I'm going to stick around in the community but not play online any more.  I love Deal or No Deal to much to leave anywho :p
  • edited March 2011
    Am also always here and reading :) But to be honest nodeal you made me look hard at my perspective the other day.  The argument/debate will always be out there.  But what many people have said is totally right: if you really believe there is an inherant flaw in online poker then you just really ought to stop playing and stop moaning about it.  I'd rather just focus on my winning live game. I rest easier by thinking that my game just isnt compatibale with online play.  My strengths are patience and good reads, which are kind of a weakness online Look at Moneymaker, he was down like 40k in the two years leading up to his ME win.  So my honest last thoughts on the subject are that if you have got to the point where your outlook is bleak, suspicious and negative: just use some willpower and stop playing online.  Dont continue at something you dont feel you can beat, and certainly dont unload your baggage onto the community.  So all in all NODEAL, I guess you were right in what you said the other day. Live winnings work out to be 5 figures a year over the last 4 years.  Online I'm down around £7200 real money, but in terms of losing winnings its.... alot higher, as I had a 5 figure BR at FT until I ... well flamed it i guess.  So I'm going to stick around in the community but not play online any more.  I love Deal or No Deal to much to leave anywho :p
    Posted by AMYBR
    Ditto,  Theres no one can ague the rngs in general are perfect On reflection I probably shouldv spoke up earlier on that topic rather than waiting till it annoyed me an I wouldv come across better, but hey,we live an learn.

Trust me although I disagreed with rng being linked to bad beats I am however a very sceptical person by nature.  I think its all dohhhhs fault..lol and greghogg

• edited March 2011
    I dont care what any of you say

I just want a TIN FOIL HAT ;)