You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am I right to fold?

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
story #352980543 (13:00 18/03/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceGunnarstenSmall blind £0.10£0.10£19.80donkeyplopBig blind £0.20£0.30£19.33 Your hole cardsAA   snowdogCall £0.20£0.50£16.38spurs332Call £0.20£0.70£9.33TheSwanFold    KKripplerRaise £1.00£1.70£18.98GunnarstenFold    donkeyplopFold    snowdogCall £0.80£2.50£15.58spurs332Call £0.80£3.30£8.53Flop  AKJ   snowdogCheck    spurs332Check    KKripplerBet £1.65£4.95£17.33snowdogFold    spurs332Call £1.65£6.60£6.88Turn  10   spurs332Check    KKripplerCheck    River  4   spurs332All-in £6.88£13.48£0.00KKripplerFold    spurs332Muck    spurs332Win £6.27 £6.27spurs332Return £6.88£0.33£13.15

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Villians hand is almost always one of two hands Qx or 2pr. So judging on your reads on villian (something you havn't mentioned in your post) which is more likely?

Qx flops a pair and a gutter most of the time and can play this exactly as it did play out, totally makes sence on all streets. So is he the type that can turn 2 pr into a bluff or a bad value bet on river 'cause you showed weakness on turn. If hes decent or tricky or agresive etc he can obviously do this, if he isnt then hes got the st8 all the time. here my default would be to fold unless i had reads /history
  • edited March 2011
    Just joined the table, so had no reads on oppenent. I was also wondering was it right to check the turn I know it makes me look very weak, should I have bet the turn?
  • edited March 2011
    I would of bet flop alot more, then puked at that turn card!

From how he was playing id say he had the queen there.

• edited March 2011
    I was also wondering whether to bet bigger pre flop wiith the aces, I always get called by oppenents with wide ranges at this level, i know u want to get value for your aces, but should i bet 6/7/8 times the big blind, or is that too much and will i lose my customer(s)?
  • edited March 2011
    Yes too much!

I try to raise 4x + another bb for any previous limpers.

I find at this level I don't get as many callers from a 4x raise than the lower stakes.
  • edited March 2011
    Check calls the flop so it seems like he has  a strong draw, so question becomes would he make his hand. then look to check raise the turn, but then exclude all value on the river with the jam...

Its tricky given his stack size, he's committed a significant portion of his stack on the hand.  As you say you've kind of opened the door for him checking the turn.  I think I have to look him up, if I'm behind I'll take it as future info, but feels like a pocket pair that he may have hit a set with (10's/4's) rather than a random Q.

But definately very tricky.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Am I right to fold?:
    Check calls the flop so it seems like he has  a strong draw, so question becomes would he make his hand. then look to check raise the turn, but then exclude all value on the river with the jam... Its tricky given his stack size, he's committed a significant portion of his stack on the hand.  As you say you've kind of opened the door for him checking the turn.  I think I have to look him up, if I'm behind I'll take it as future info, but feels like a pocket pair that he may have hit a set with (10's/4's) rather than a random Q. But definately very tricky.
    Posted by AMYBR
    I think sets are a very small part of his range given the action on the flop and the turn.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Am I right to fold? : I think sets are a very small part of his range given the action on the flop and the turn.
    Posted by TWRAMYEP

Not how I run :p.  Its always going to be pocket 4's there :p.

But yeah, most likely not.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Am I right to fold? : Not how I run :p.  Its always going to be pocket 4's there :p. But yeah, most likely not.
    Posted by AMYBR
    LOL yeah, me 2 :)
  • edited March 2011
    With no reads on the villian this is very awkward to call,it look like he checked the turn hoping you would bet and then he goes All-inn.I would put him on a Queen here.