You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Books

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi all, i have been playing poker for around a year now on this site, i have been improving however want to better myself can you recommend any good poker books that would be worht reading??

Thanks

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Brunson's super system 2 is the definitive poker educational book.

Entertainment and pure feel goes to Gus Hansen's Aussie Millions every Hand Revealed.  Great book, great read on its own merit.  However it will have a very immediate affect on your game which may or may not be a good thing.  Hansen is a legend, but you have to have a strong established approach yourself before stepping out into this territory - mainly because it really encourages you to experiment.

Mike Caro's book of poker tells is great too.
  • edited March 2011
    thanks for the advise think i will invest in some books
  • edited March 2011
    There was a good thread on Poker Books HERE previously.
  • edited March 2011
    The 3 "Harrington on Hold'em"  Books are excellent 
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Poker Books:
    Brunson's super system 2 is the definitive poker educational book. Entertainment and pure feel goes to Gus Hansen's Aussie Millions every Hand Revealed.  Great book, great read on its own merit.  However it will have a very immediate affect on your game which may or may not be a good thing.  Hansen is a legend, but you have to have a strong established approach yourself before stepping out into this territory - mainly because it really encourages you to experiment. Mike Caro's book of poker tells is great too.
    Posted by AMYBR

Have to agree Ambyr,  a great book really entertaining,  I actually watched him play some of the hands on Pokertube, as I was reading about them.  ABsolutely amazing 

• edited March 2011
    Alan i have read Brunson's super system 2 and i have to say i thought it was excellent.However he covers all forms of poker including NLHE and although i dont play anything else but NLHE i still think it is a good investment.