You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Friendly game with people with more money than sense.

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I've got this local game I go to every now and then.  Cash game, normally £1/2.  Lots of props, normally the 7 duece game @ £5 a head min buy in £150.  We normally play for around 8/9 hours so by the end there's normally around £3/4k on the table.

Its just a fun game that we've had going for around 4 years.  Lots of pride and lots of spite :p
It really isnt your usual game of poker, often see 5 bet weak getting called in 4 spots, itsa a real loose actiony game.

Knowing your opponents very well, each of them, their strenghts/weaknesses and how they perceive you as a player how do you approach the game?  Do you show strength pre when strong, knowing your getting calls from alot of chancers with a lot of money?  Or go for finesse and make it a post flop sharp shooter?

I'm one of the tightest of the group (i'd prefer to say diciplined though) but can still limp UTG w/AA, get raised have two people call the raise, squeeze big and still get called in all three spots, its that kind of group.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Friendly game with people with more money than sense.:
    I've got this local game I go to every now and then.  Cash game, normally £1/2.  Lots of props, normally the 7 duece game @ £5 a head min buy in £150.  We normally play for around 8/9 hours so by the end there's normally around £3/4k on the table. Its just a fun game that we've had going for around 4 years.  Lots of pride and lots of spite :p It really isnt your usual game of poker, often see 5 bet weak getting called in 4 spots, itsa a real loose actiony game. Knowing your opponents very well, each of them, their strenghts/weaknesses and how they perceive you as a player how do you approach the game?  Do you show strength pre when strong, knowing your getting calls from alot of chancers with a lot of money?  Or go for finesse and make it a post flop sharp shooter? I'm one of the tightest of the group (i'd prefer to say diciplined though) but can still limp UTG w/AA, get raised have two people call the raise, squeeze big and still get called in all three spots, its that kind of group.
    Posted by AMYBR
    sounds like you should be going every opportunity.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, its one of those games that you either come away with a fistful of money, or stumble out, having lost all faith in your game and sanity :p

If I have the choice between a cash game and tournament, I'm always playing tournament though.