You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
In Response to "Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play by an observer:
There is one particular mtt player who repeatedly types, "mmmmmm" and "now" in the chatbox during play even when he is not playing in the hand.  He is encouraging others to doubt and call a raise.  I have asked him not to type comments on the hand during play, and especially hands were he has already folded, but that was met with a response that he is allowed to type whatever he chooses. Is this practice acceptable? 
Posted by aussie09
Hi aussie

While they are not breaking to rules, it is very bad etiquette, they could be what is known as "Angle shooting" trying to gain an unfair advantage, I would certainly email Customer Care so they can pass this on to the relevent dept to make a decision.

Comments

• edited March 2011

There is one particular mtt player who repeatedly types, "mmmmmm" and "now" in the chatbox during play even when he is not playing in the hand.  He is encouraging others to doubt and call a raise. 

I have asked him not to type comments on the hand during play, and especially hands were he has already folded, but that was met with a response that he is allowed to type whatever he chooses.

Is this practice acceptable? 

• edited March 2011

thanks acebarry.

• edited March 2011

Until the rules are cleared up by sky, it's always gonna be a grey area Aus.....

I've asked loads, I get the answer of "use your common sense"

I do most of the time, most people do all the time, but some people just don't

They obv haven't learnt from "that" VLV incident 3 weeks ago.

Maybe they cba. 
  • edited March 2011

thanks dohhhhhh.  the vlv incident was not good and that was by someone railing.  this is someone who is actually playing, has seen his two cards, folds yet comments to encourage another to call a raise or shove.  pretty shabby etiquette at best, at worst it's collusion.  unlike the vlv incident this player thinks he's perfectly ok to act this way.

• edited March 2011
    Pretty much what Acebarry says Aussie. It's not breaking the rules but it's certainly not very sporting either. I'd drop a message to Customer Care and have them look into it if I were you.
  • edited March 2011
    Going a bit off topic here, but I just saw a bloke say 'YESSSSSSSSSSS' in the chatbox for no obvious reason during an MTT. Seeing as it's Saturday afternoon I typed in 'goal?' thinking maybe his footie team had just scored but I didn't get a reply back. The reason became clear at the end of the hand, he'd been dealt pocket aces.

Unfortunately they were cracked and he got knocked-out! I've made a note against his name, that's a pretty good online tell IMO.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    YESSSSSS Big blind  300.00 300.00 2264.37
      Your hole cards

sb72 Fold     
    jerbowen Call  300.00 600.00 14925.00
    GaryQQQ Fold     
    YESSSSSS Raise  600.00 1200.00 1664.37
    jerbowen Call  600.00 1800.00 14325.00
    Flop

YESSSSSS Bet  600.00 2400.00 1064.37
    jerbowen Call  600.00 3000.00 13725.00
    Turn

YESSSSSS All-in  1064.37 4064.37 0.00
    jerbowen Call  1064.37 5128.74 12660.63
    NOOOOOOO Show
    • A
    • A

jerbowen Show

River

• A

jerbowen Win Straight to the 10 5128.74  17789.37
  • edited March 2011
    Nice one Gary, but I think you should have changed his name to NOOOOOO when he bet the flop so weakly !
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to "Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play:
    There is one particular mtt player who repeatedly types, "mmmmmm" and "now" in the chatbox during play even when he is not playing in the hand.  He is encouraging others to doubt and call a raise.  I have asked him not to type comments on the hand during play, and especially hands were he has already folded, but that was met with a response that he is allowed to type whatever he chooses. Is this practice acceptable? 
    Posted by aussie09
    If it upsets you just close the chat
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play:
    In Response to "Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play : If it upsets you just close the chat
    Posted by Neildown
    you miss the point neildown.... would you want another player on your table folding then encouraging or disuading another to call your raise?  whether you close your chatbox or not, would you want that play on your table?

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play : you miss the point neildown.... would you want another player on your table folding then encouraging or disuading another to call your raise?  whether you close your chatbox or not, would you want that play on your table?  
    Posted by aussie09
    It would annoy me yes, but i suspect there is 100s of things that would annoy me that goes on in the chat box if i'm trying to play a serious game of poker.

I'm saying if i see something that upsets me while im playing i close it down, you will always get people shouting "call, fold or raise" on online poker sites that allow the rail

btw maybe he was saying mmmmmmm because he was having a really nice Steak An Onion Pie or some Cheesecake? or even a top heavy lovely walked past his window etc
  • edited March 2011
    Last Saturday some guy was typing all the football scores in chat as they were coming through.

Is this allowed?
  • edited March 2011
    Last Saturday some guy was typing all the football scores in chat as they were coming through. Is this allowed?
    Posted by donkeyplop

If they know you are waiting to watch MOTD its an instant ban as i understand it, if in doubt please contact customer care or send a email, this is not the place to discuss this!

• edited March 2011
    I once had a guy type ''hello'' even though I ignored him he repeated it. I think he was stalking me.
  • edited March 2011
    wow viv incident?   I musta been away
  • edited March 2011
    wow viv incident?   I musta been away
    Posted by NODEAL

You are my official stalker, this guy was an imposter. I was scared at the time but I think I'm over it now.

I have a feeling it was a Sky employee. When I contacted customer service the first words they spoke were ''Hello''

.......... I hung-up immediately. It was very spooky.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play : You are my official stalker, this guy was an imposter. I was scared at the time but I think I'm over it now. I have a feeling it was a Sky employee. When I contacted customer service the first words they spoke were ''Hello'' .......... I hung-up immediately. It was very spooky.
    Posted by elsadog

This is bringing back the trauma ......

If it ever happens again I will leave the site forever.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play : This is bringing back the trauma ...... If it ever happens again I will leave the site forever.
    Posted by elsadog
    Don't go Elsa......take a break, think about what you're leaving behind......... you're a legend!!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play : Don't go Elsa......take a break, think about what you're leaving behind......... you're a legend!!!!!!
    Posted by kaymac
    No, let Elsa leave ....and then when he comes back (as they always do) we can welcome him back and all say 'Helloooo'.
  • edited March 2011
    I have reported the above post for abuse .......... I'm taking two tablets and going for a lie down now.

Where's ModAce when you need him?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: "Now" and "mmmmmm" chatbox comments to others during play : You are my official stalker, this guy was an imposter. I was scared at the time but I think I'm over it now. I have a feeling it was a Sky employee. When I contacted customer service the first words they spoke were ''Hello'' .......... I hung-up immediately. It was very spooky.
    Posted by elsadog
    lol I meant to write what viv incident?( I dont know what thats about)

Is it sumink to do with stalking?

Never thought of or tried such an activity, but if I ever do it will be when im over sixty with nowt much to look forward to.   Who the heck was stalking you pookums??   ill protect you.

Anyone out there. ..  WATCH IT,   dont dare stalk old men in yellow rain coats or ya ll getit from me.

Still wanna know about the viv incident though.

• edited March 2011
    I have reported the above post for abuse .......... I'm taking two tablets and going for a lie down now. Where's ModAce when you need him?
    Posted by elsadog
    Helllooooooooooo............ModAce can't reply just now.......he may be lurking outside your back garden.  
  • edited March 2011
    That's it I'm off.
  • edited March 2011
    ........................ to check the garden