You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

stats!!

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
was running very well for about 3wks and then been running bad all this week. i reset my stats yest and looked over them  after 4hrs play on 2 tables yest and 2hrs on 3tables today (still running/playing bad) prob is i am struggling to get my head round them. can anyone see any glaring problems please.   games won= 19%  showdowns won=46%  fold 45%   check 19%   call 19%  bet 11%  raise 8%  re raise 1%  flops seen  36%  win%flops seen 35%  fold pre64% fold flop6% turn 3% river 3% no fold24%. stats from nl20/30.  cheers for any help   phil                                         

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I second this!  I used to think there was a weird god mode where I used to flop the world or my pairs always hit sets and my flush draws always came out and I used to flop quads or fullhouses every game .I do have the hand history files to go along with that assumption maybe one form of a god mode hehe

However painful it is phil im sure sky turned on the doomswitch for me now since I just run bad in every big tourney......I qualified in 2 satts the other day for the 22 pound bounty ,...once i made the sundays bounty it all went downhill and couldnt get going at all not even cash out 1 bounty i ask.

stats are important very much more so in respect to your cash sessions......

Sometimes it always a good idea to refresh internet connection in case of iesnare and other little weird computer spamage that happens to violate your network...btw  iesnare is a company tool by iovation that helps trac a users events and computer use.

lastly but i dont know if anyone is on virgin media but I get spammed and port scanned a lot ,so I know they flood my ip network with lots of advertising spam and rubbish,maybe this all needs to be filtered out off the ip record..    ok phil im done helping you today my friend..

keep playing those vegas games , Your tourney skills im sure outweigh your cash skills.

• edited March 2011
    Dont think these stats are particularly useful, Phil. And never related them to cash,as I dont play it enough. But a couple of years back I did have an experiment with them in small tournaments.

I didnt allow my call % to be higher than my bet %, and kept my reraise above 4%. Led to some interesting decisions but was quite successful. Might be interesting to try something similar in micro cash.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: stats!!:
    Dont think these stats are particularly useful, Phil. And never related them to cash,as I dont play it enough. But a couple of years back I did have an experiment with them in small tournaments. I didnt allow my call % to be higher than my bet %, and kept my reraise above 4%. Led to some interesting decisions but was quite successful. Might be interesting to try something similar in micro cash.
    Posted by penguin7
    +1
  • edited March 2011
    what other stats in cash on sky can i use?
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011
    only thing useful is fold pre 64% which means you are playing too many hands however this is such a small sample size that it might just be because you were playing 3 handed for a while
  • edited March 2011

smart a r s e jj!!  . good book by the way (only on page 33 mind). thought it was a bit high lol raise have been finding myself getting into stupid pos with k10s/ qj etc and its been costing me!! moved back to mainly nl20 and thinking i can out play most people and comming unstuck!  note to oneself, "must be more disciplined"

• edited March 2011
    hud display for phil please. lol
  • edited March 2011
    cheers penguin for the help, reset stats and concentrated on better starting hands, raised and reraised more today and i am up 12bis. cheers phil
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: stats!!:
    cheers penguin for the help, reset stats and concentrated on better starting hands, raised and reraised more today and i am up 12bis. cheers phil
    Posted by pod1
    wd m8

10% ok ?
  • edited March 2011
    Hi pod1, i dont pay much attention to stats but i like to keep my % of flop seen below 30%. I am fairly new to the game but i find that if i loosen up and see more than 30% of the flops i tend to lose money whereas if i go back to basics and play certain starting hands in certain positions my game improves as does my profit. Dont know if there is a perfect % as everyone is different but in cash it certainly belongs the low side of 30% in my slight experience.

Tightening up means you lose a bit of 'fun equity' though! lol
  • edited March 2011
    just send me your acc details mate and i put it straight in!! just got to learn how to do it at nl50 instead of nl20!!