You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TSP at the GUKPT London - Day 2 Thread (Resurrection!)

124»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Great Job Dave! Wellplayed Wayne and Jon great work next time its gonna be a final table thats for sure!
  • edited March 2011
    Well done Wayne and Jon!
  • edited March 2011

Well played Wayne & Jon!! Brilliant job Dave and rest of Sky Team, who conducted themselves immaculatley !!

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: TSP at the GUKPT London - Day 2 Thread (Resurrection!):
    Well played Wayne & Jon!! Brilliant job Dave and rest of Sky Team, who conducted themselves immaculatley !!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Couldn't put it any better .... +1
  • edited March 2011
    Hey all

Sorry for the late response still feel very jaded, must be an age thing!!!!!

Firstly a million thank yous to everyone who railed me on this thread and to the 100's of text messages of support I was getting. You really wouldn't believe what a difference it makes knowing people, players and friends are 100% behind you...

Really can't thank the sky crew enough for looking after me all weekend( TK, Claire , Dan and Blandy ) , I must really apologise to Dave for ruining his Saturday and keeping him at the Vic for such a long time ;)...

Coming back Day2 with 32k with 75 left and trying to get deeper was going to take a run good of cards and some luck...so after 3hours with 99 vs 66 and TT vs AQ AIPF I soon found myself on over 150k, then 210k after I opened with AK fire flop and turn then call a check raise all in, to which the guy says yh your good and folds... Scoop the 120k pot MBN...  We were soon down to 26 players and it was bubble time, not that I was worried at anytime as my stack was in good condition 200k with ave 120k...My problem was I had this German guy on my right which opened  min raised every other hand and 3 short stacks to act after me, I really couldn't be 3betting light in this position as I would have had to call any shove from anyone of these 3 players ... I just seemed to lock up and fall asleep in the next hour and half, I just didn't see 1 playable hand which was disappointing... When the bubble burst finally it was carnage, all-in everywhere but that's expected as 5/6 players had only 10-15 big blinds..My stack by this point was only heading in one direction DOWN, still had  25 bigs but I was totally card dead. So with blinds @ 4k 8k 500 Ante and 140k in chips I'm dealt A9 off in the cut off, I make it 17500 to go button and SB fold BB thinks then announces Raise (FML), he pops it to 37500, I think for awhile before folding sigh...Next hand AQ and again its folded to me on button the 1st this has happened all day...I think I had already decided as the blinds were soon to be 5k10k that this was the hand I was going to war with plus 6 handed AQ plays great vs SB and BB... I make that same raise again 17500, SB thinks then announces" ALL-IN ", it's a no brainer really I have to call, just hope he has jj/1010 right?? WRONG worst situation ever he has AA again lol....

Overall I played the cards I was dealt to the best of my ability and came up a little short....onwards and upwards...

Once again many many thanks to everyone for the support it means so much.

GB

• edited March 2011
    Opppps I forgot Mr Orford who was there on Friday too, how could I forget his attempt to errect an A board or something of the like, it didnt look complicated but a meal was made out of it...lol...
  • edited March 2011
    a belated thanks to Blandie and the team for following me at GUKPT as well. Nice to get a first GUKPT cash under my belt and cheers to Blandie for the advice around the bubble (mainly consisting of prompts to "stick it in their eye"). Well done Wayne for your cash, think you'll agree it was a great weekend overall, nice to outlast some big names also. I think i'll do without the 2 hour bubble next time, thankyouverymuch.
  • edited March 2011
    oh, and thanks to Sky for getting me in as well, obv :)