You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

120.million!

edited March 2011 in The Shed
This friday the euro millions is a mind blowing 120 MILLION so myself and 8 family members are all staking £20 each so im asking shall we just do the lucky dip or combine certain numbers , or just not bother? I welcome the sky poker forum discussions on this .

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Your buying 100 lines with that £200 outlay, bearing in mind the odds of winning the jackpot is 70 million to 1, i would say don't waste your money, do like i do and just buy my usual 2 tickets and get a nice take away with the rest, your just feeding the camelot boardroom bonus by buying loads, thats why they want huge jackpots, to encourage people to gamble extra, and thats why they made it 70million to 1 so that they get loads of roll overs.
  • edited March 2011
    Takeaways for the win.

Makes me laugh that people are more excited and likely to play if the jackpot is 120 million....than they are when it's only 90 million.

• edited March 2011
    that extra £30 mil might come in handy!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 120.million!:
    Takeaways for the win. Makes me laugh that people are more excited and likely to play if the jackpot is 120 million....than they are when it's only 90 million. .......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Just like the footballers who leave the club that they have played for and supported all their life for an extra £20,000 a week when they are on enough already.
  • edited March 2011
    well done on 100x-ing ur chances :)
  • edited March 2011
    GL with that but don't forget your friends here on Sky Poker if you do win! Think I will have a go myself 70m to 1 seems good odds with the way my poker is going at the minute lol.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to 120.million!:
    This friday the euro millions is a mind blowing 120 MILLION so myself and 8 family members are all staking £20 each so im asking shall we just do the lucky dip or combine certain numbers , or just not bother? I welcome the sky poker forum discussions on this .
    Posted by emma11311
    Put the £20 back in your pocket and if your relatives do somehow win the the big one,they're bound to buy a house and a car for you.It's a win win situation.
  • edited March 2011
    If you buy one ticket the odds of you winning are 70,000,000 to 1. 

If you buy 20 tickets the odds of you winning are 70,000,000 to 1.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: 120.million!:
    If you buy one ticket the odds of you winning are 70,000,000 to 1.  If you buy 20 tickets the odds of you winning are 70,000,000 to 1.
    Posted by elsadog
    This is not quite right, yes the odds for each individual ticket in the block of 20 would be 70m to 1 but not the overall odds, these would change as in if you bought 35 million diferent tickets you would have a 50% chance of winning, by my reckoning she would have a 3.5 million to 1 chance of winning the jackpot?
  • edited March 2011