You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bots?

edited March 2011 in Area 51
This is my first thread in area51, but just wanted to put to bed this argument i read on a forum thread I saw the other day on another forum
It is a discusion basically accusing Sky of having bots playing on their sites

Can someone also tell me exactly what a bot is and does? I,ve got a rough idea but don,t fully understand how they can be programmed to play such a complex game

The link to this discusion which also includes posts from regular Sky players :

http://freerolls.forumotion.com/t8069-sky-poker 

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I got a really nice pair at Blacks,  Great price and never let any water in. ;o)
  • edited March 2011
    LOL I tried the link and it says I have been banned from the forum ........ Drat it, Jock must have got there before me :o)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Bots?:
    LOL I tried the link and it says I have been banned from the forum ........ Drat it, Jock must have got there before me :o)
    Posted by elsadog

seems to work ok....

some bloke reckons bots play at sky poker....

got to point out ...they are definately not bots.....have spoken to most of them and they are either big fishes.....
    or luckboxes.....there would be no way in the world a bot would make some of the calls ,i ve seen...:)...

i think he just doesnt understand that bad players really exist...:)
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by elsadog

I like to keep you all to myself ;O)  

I have therefore arranged for you to be banned from every poker forum in existence......  except this one obviously 

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Bots? : I like to keep you all to myself ;O)   I have therefore arranged for you to be banned from every poker forum in existence......  except this one obviously 
    Posted by JockBMW

You're too late m8y this is last chance saloon. 

(kidding)

• edited March 2011
    At 20 and 30nl I would say both spdbrkr, dns and headup2 play like bots.

They are multitabling nit bots!

Never heard any of them speak either..................................

Call in the bot police please :)
  • edited March 2011
    I guessed as much

i tried posting on there but even after registering my posts and threads dissapear a few seconds after i,ve done them and as for their customer care - I don,t think it exists. I,ve wrote them emails asking why this happens - Never got 1 reply