You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

COMPETITION: Deadline for entries Tuesday 7pm.

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
Cos it has a great community and some bad players which means im in profit innit ;)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Following on from our newest clip on YouTube, we've decided to open up a Community Competition with the winner picking up a Take on Tikay seat for tonight's tourney at 8.30pm. All you need to do is answer the following in under 100 words:

"I love Sky Poker because..."

Entries have to be made on this thread and be posted by 7pm tonight. The best entry will be announced and entered into tonight's Take on Tikay. 

Good luck!

P.S We'll be running a Twitter version of this competition too, so if you fancy the challenge of telling us why you love Sky Poker in under 105 characters then be sure to check www.twitter.com/sky_poker shortly!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to COMPETITION: Deadline for entries Tuesday 7pm.:
    Following on from  our newest clip on YouTube , we've decided to open up a Community Competition with the winner picking up a Take on Tikay seat for tonight's tourney at 8.30pm. All you need to do is answer the following question in under 100 words: "I love Sky Poker because..." Entries have to be made on this thread and be posted by 7pm tonight. The best entry will be announced and entered into tonight's Take on Tikay.  Good luck! P.S We'll be running a Twitter version of this competition too, so if you fancy the challenge of telling us why you love Sky Poker in under 105 characters then be sure to check  www.twitter.com/sky_poker  shortly!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    "I love Sky Poker because...
    they run a competition to answer a question, which isn't a question - simples :)"
  • edited March 2011
    I love you Sherlock :)

Initial thread edited for the pedants ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Sung to the tune of Travie McCoy - Billionaire

I love Sky Poker because......
    It's so fricking cool
    Community spirit like a poker site's never had.....

Analysis from Sir Ed Giddins
    to raise every pot
    spike an ace on the river to win the lot

Everytime I close my eyes...(Whatcha see Whatcha see)
    I see Lisa-Marie cause she's real hot....
    Every decision I have to make (oh yeah I swear)
    Costs me my tournament I'll never be a billionaire!

I love the SPT because......
    It's gonna be in Leeds
    SolarCarro will win the game with ease (wake up! wake up!)

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: COMPETITION: Deadline for entries Tuesday 7pm.:
    I love you Sherlock :) Initial thread edited for the pedants ;)
    Posted by Sky_Dave

"I love Sky Poker because...
    they respond so speedily to user observations :)"

• edited March 2011
    Sung to the tune of Travie McCoy - Billionaire I love Sky Poker because...... It's so fricking cool Community spirit like a poker site's never had..... Analysis from Sir Ed Giddins to raise every pot spike an ace on the river to win the lot Everytime I close my eyes...(Whatcha see Whatcha see) I see Lisa-Marie cause she's real hot.... Every decision I have to make (oh yeah I swear) Costs me my tournament I'll never be a billionaire! I love the SPT because...... It's gonna be in Leeds SolarCarro will win the game with ease (wake up! wake up!)
    Posted by SolarCarro
    imo he needs to do a mine name is and sing this
  • edited March 2011
    Software
    kommunity :D
    y? cos you gotta (MASK reference)

Poker Clinic
    Orford
    Kendall
    Ed
    Rewards

...that's how you spell kommunity? Right?
  • edited March 2011
    i like sky poker because, it not just the players in the community but the  faces of sky poker too,ED, LML (oooh she's so fine ) TK ETC, it seems to make your feel part of team, a team that represents the UK poker players, a team for uk poker player,  a team that cares about its community values 
  • edited March 2011
    I love sky poker because they have hunks like orford regulary presenting tv shows.  I love the fact that you dont have to be a big stakes player to have your hands analysed.  I love the feel of the community, I love the ideat of the spt, but most of all i love the young man known as Tikay xxx
  • edited March 2011
      Quite simply this site has the best forum around. With lots of funny and helpful people around( with the exception of dohhhhhhh).
  • edited March 2011
    Liking 'em so far, folks. Keep them coming if you want your chance of knocking out Kendall ce soir...
  • edited March 2011
    I love Sky poler because, Great Forum, fantastic community spirit, help when it is needed, no matter what money level or player level, and of course all the people who work for sky are the best, especially a guy called Dave ;)
  • edited March 2011
    I LOVE sky poker because it allows you use your personality via the forums, unlike any other poker site i'm aware of. This allows for forum competitions (this thread being a great example). Also sky are very generous when it comes to these competitions it allows those of us with smaller bankrolls to get into tourneys like the BH and Primo without paying a penny.

Also sky Dave is a very good looking man...
  • edited March 2011
    "I Love Sky Poker Because"

It has everything you would expect from a Poker Site.

I expect:
    To play Cash at all levels.
    To play Sit "n" Goes at all levels.
    To play Multi-table Tournies at all levels.
    A variety of quality tournaments through out the day.
    Small stakes players to be able to mix it up with the big boys via satellites.
    Rewards for spending my money.
    A friendly and helpful community.
    Good luck & bad luck (Tikay Calls this "Variance") 
    I also expect it to be easy to win at poker - Well...........You can't have everything.

I Love Sky Poker because..............I expect it has everything.

Edit* I changed the above as it was more than 100 words
  • edited March 2011
    I Love Sky Poker Because...............

of the all round being made welcome experience. It doesn't matter what level or type of game you play, Someone will always be there to help you out, also the Sky TV channel with the regular presenters analysts and guests who are always (as you would expect from Sky) top drawer.

It is without doubt the friendliest Poker site around, the chat box is the next best thing to playing live
    oh and best of all Blandie makes up his own rules in SnGs at SPT events

Long Live Sky Poker
  • edited March 2011
    I love sky poker because they have hunks like orford regulary presenting tv shows.  I love the fact that you dont have to be a big stakes player to have your hands analysed.  I love the feel of the community, I love the ideat of the spt, but most of all i love the young man known as Tikay xxx
    Posted by shazallin
    should have gone to specsavers :)))
  • edited March 2011

"I love Sky Poker because..."

1: It gets me out of the washing up.

2: It gets me out of those DIY jobs

Wife says are you going to do that then? which i reply, WHAT!!! cant you see im on sky poker!!

Thank You Sky
  • edited March 2011
    because i love poker,and its the only site to play on,wether your a recreational player or pro it caters for every1
  • edited March 2011
    every one love sky poker.and also i love sky santa ,rudolf and elf.lol gl ev1
  • edited March 2011
    I love sky poker because the lady loves milk tray?
  • edited March 2011
    I assume I won?
  • edited March 2011
    ...and the winner is....Pokertrev!

Congratulations and good luck in the Take on Tikay tournament tonight!

Thanks for all the entries folks.
  • edited March 2011
    Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!

Cheers Sky Lee.
    Last night I took down the "Take on Tikay" tourny

And Tonight

I win a free entry to a "Take on Tikay" tourny..................How Cool is That?

Maybe I should have wrote:
    I Love Sky Poker Because...................I Expect to win everything lol.

Thanks for the free Entry Sky.
  • edited March 2011
    Woooohooooo!!!!!!!! Cheers Sky Lee. Last night I took down the "Take on Tikay" tourny And Tonight I win a free entry to a "Take on Tikay" tourny..................How Cool is That? Maybe I should have wrote: I Love Sky Poker Because...................I Expect to win everything lol. Thanks for the free Entry Sky.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    lol   good luck
  • edited March 2011
    Congratulations Trev, and good luck tonight
  • edited March 2011
  • edited March 2011

What a shock! A 'suit' won :)

I will come and rail you on the FT again Trev. Good Luck mate!!
  • edited March 2011
    ...they never close competitions before I get home in the evening... oh.